Cromwell Center is a large facility in Parkville, Maryland. This nursing home proved to be a decent facility, with an overall grade of C. Based on our analysis, this place ought to meet the needs of many people. One of the highlights of this nursing home's report card is its impressive nursing rating, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Parkville senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to earning a great overall score, this nursing home really excelled in the area of nursing, where it received an A-. Few nursing homes fared better in this area. The nursing score consists of several factors, most of which are tied to nursing hours. This facility provided 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, we also would like to note that this facility received positive short-term care marks this year. We awarded them one of our better grades in this category, with a B. This proved to be the nursing home's second strongest score. In our short-term care score, we try to create a fair measure for rehabilitation. In doing so, we analyze the nursing home's offerings of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. It does not appear that this nursing home submitted information on registered nurse or physical therapist staffing. The last metric we assessed in this category is the number of patients that ultimately returned home from the facility. We found that 5.4 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Cromwell Center?
Long-term Care Quality
We awarded this facility just a D for our long-term care score. This is not one of our better scores. When nursing homes receive this type of grade in this category it is often a bad sign for patient care and it may mean that the nursing home is not as well-staffed. One of the factors we considered on top of nursing hours was vaccinations. Candidly, we were a bit worried that this nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccination to just 61.68478 percent of its patients. Surprisingly, this nursing home was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home has less hospitalizations than the average nursing home. This is its best feature in this category.
Turning the last category of inspections, we gave this facility a score of D for our inspection category. This proved to be this nursing home's weakest category. We take a weak score in this category very seriously. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating these inspection ratings. One of those factors is deficiencies. We suggest you pay close attention to the severity of those deficiencies. This particular nursing home was hit with 6 deficiencies by CMS. The only positive thing we found is that none of its deficiencies were in the categories that indicate that they created a risk to patient health or safety. Lastly, we also want to draw your attention to the fact that this place was assessed significant government fines totaling more than $100,000. This generally signifies that a nursing home's poor track record has been an issue for several years.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cromwell Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cromwell Center, 10.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cromwell Center, 2.53% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a fall leading to severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cromwell Center, 2.06% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic indicates the percentage of long-term residents who had a UTI. UTI's could be a sign of a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this metric can be skewed for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cromwell Center, 12.87% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. These medications are used to treat several medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cromwell Center, 13.59% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cromwell Center, 11.04% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cromwell Center, 90.84% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cromwell Center, 20.64% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cromwell Center, 24.5% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Cromwell Center, 1.3 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cromwell Center, 24.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Cromwell Center, 9.63 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to assess patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cromwell Center, 73.32% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of performance with ADL's typically correlates with better rehabilitation services.
- University of Md St Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.97 miles away7601 Osler Drive Towson Maryland 21204Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 337-1000
- Medstar Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.23 miles away5601 Loch Raven Boulevard Baltimore Maryland 21239Voluntary non-profit - Other(443) 444-3902
- Greater Baltimore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.67 miles away6701 North Charles Street Towson Maryland 21204Voluntary non-profit - Private(443) 849-2000
- Medstar Franklin Square Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.34 miles away9000 Franklin Square Drive Rosedale Maryland 21237Voluntary non-profit - Private(443) 777-7850
- Medstar Union Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.68 miles away201 East University Parkway Baltimore Maryland 21218Voluntary non-profit - Other(410) 554-2227
- Sinai Hospital of BaltimoreAcute Care Hospitals 6.34 miles away2401 West Belvedere Avenue Baltimore Maryland 21215Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 601-5131
- Kennedy Krieger InstituteChildrens 7.3 miles away707 North Broadway Baltimore Maryland 21205Voluntary non-profit - Private(443) 923-9301
- Johns Hopkins Hospital, TheAcute Care Hospitals 7.33 miles away600 North Wolfe Street Baltimore Maryland 21287Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 955-9540
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Cromwell0 miles away8710 Emge Rd Parkville Maryland 21234Dialysis Stations: 6 (410) 661-0801
- Fresenius Medical Care Towson2.46 miles away7801 York Road, Ste. 150 Towson Maryland 21204Dialysis Stations: 16 (410) 321-0853
- Davita Dulaney Towson Dialysis Center2.97 miles away113 West Road Towson Maryland 21204CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (410) 825-3690
- Coldsprings Dialysis, LLC3 miles away4700 Hartford Road Baltimore Maryland 21214Dialysis Stations: 6 (443) 444-4907
- Davita Harford Road Dialysis Center3.08 miles away5800 Harford Road Baltimore Maryland 21214CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (410) 444-1544
- Davita Good Samaritan Dialysis3.27 miles away5601 Loch Raven Boulevard Baltimore Maryland 21239Dialysis Stations: 53 (443) 444-4099
- Fmc - Greater Baltimore3.47 miles away1104 Walters Avenue Baltimore Maryland 21239Dialysis Stations: 21 (410) 532-0389
- Bertha Sirk Dialysis Center3.84 miles away5820 York Rd Ste 10 Baltimore Maryland 21212Dialysis Stations: 16 (410) 532-9311