Creve Coeur Manor is a large nursing home located in Saint Louis, Missouri. This nursing home received a bottom of the barrel overall score based on the data we looked at. Fortunately, if you aren't satisfied with this facility, there are 48 nursing homes to choose from in the city so you should be able to find a better option. More information on this nursing home's category grades may be found below. Its best category was short-term care, which is addressed in the next section.
Creve Coeur Manor
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We weren't high on this facility's overall score or its category grades. We gave it a grade of just D for our short-term care rating and that sadly turned out to be its best grade. Short-term care ratings are based on a facility's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This includes a broad scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, in addition to other variations of therapy. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. The last metric we considered in this area is the number of patients that who were able to eventually return home from the facility. This facility struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 0 percent of its residents returning home. Unfortunately, this was well below average.
Unfortunately, this facility received really poor inspection reports in recent years, causing us to give them an F for inspections. An F in this category is often a signal that we found some major red flags on the facility's government inspection reports. For nursing homes that received this bad of an inspection grade, we recommend scrutinizing the severe deficiencies on its inspection report. This particular nursing home had 6 deficiencies by government inspectors. The only positive thing we can say is that none of these deficiencies were in the categories that suggest that they caused a risk to resident health or safety. Finally, we need to point out that this facility was assessed large government fines recently of more than $100,000. This often suggests that a nursing home'sbad track record spanned several years.
Does this page answer your questions about Creve Coeur Manor?
Long-term Care Quality
Our third area we assessed is long-term care, in which this facility was given an F. For long-term care residents, the facility's primary objective is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. After considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination records. We were pleased to find that this nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Surprisingly, this facility also keeps its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Sadly, some of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
The last area we scored was nursing. This nursing home was given a very poor grade of F in this area. The nursing rating features a variety of data points. The most heavily weighted one is the amount of time nurses spent with patients. This nursing home offered only 0.2 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is not a very impressive figure. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing ratings. This place performed well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Creve Coeur Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Creve Coeur Manor, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Creve Coeur Manor, 3.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of long-term stay residents that experienced falls which resulted in major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Creve Coeur Manor, 3.39% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Creve Coeur Manor, 20.47% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term patients receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Creve Coeur Manor, 24.32% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients given antianxiety medications. These drugs are commonly given to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Creve Coeur Manor, 4.19% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Creve Coeur Manor, 88.53% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Creve Coeur Manor, 14.79% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Creve Coeur Manor, 14.68% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that were able to retain mobility.
In Creve Coeur Manor, 1.7 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. There is a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Creve Coeur Manor, 14.68 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Creve Coeur Manor, 11.55 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Scores for Saint Louis, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Saint Louis, Missouri has 47 other nursing homes
- Barnes-Jewish West County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.35 miles away12634 Olive Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63141Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-8000
- St Lukes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.73 miles away232 S Woods Mill Rd Chesterfield Missouri 63017Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 434-1500
- Missouri Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.44 miles away3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63131Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 996-5000
- Ssm Health Depaul Hospital St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 5.14 miles away12303 Depaul Drive Bridgeton Missouri 63044Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 344-6000
- Ssm Health St Joseph Hospital-St CharlesAcute Care Hospitals 6.91 miles away300 1st Capitol Dr Saint Charles Missouri 63301Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 947-5000
- St Luke's Des Peres HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.98 miles away2345 Dougherty Ferry Road Saint Louis Missouri 63122Proprietary(314) 966-9100
- Ssm Health St Mary's Hospital - St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 9.21 miles away6420 Clayton Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63117Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 768-8000
- Barnes-Jewish St Peters HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.68 miles away10 Hospital Dr Saint Peters Missouri 63376Voluntary non-profit - Other(636) 916-9000
- Creve Coeur Dialysis Center0.43 miles away1009 Executive Pkwy #100 Saint Louis Missouri 63141CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (314) 434-4770
- Fmc - Creve Coeur1.79 miles away555 N New Ballas #170 Saint Louis Missouri 63141CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (314) 872-9272
- Town and Country West Dialysis2.83 miles away12855 N 40 Drive Suite l4 Saint Louis Missouri 63141Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 542-0049
- Saint Louis West Dialysis3.75 miles away400 North Lindberg Boulevard Saint Louis Missouri 63141CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (314) 989-0886
- Saint Louis West Pd Dialysis4.48 miles away9632 Olive Blvd Saint Louis Missouri 63132Dialysis Stations: 2 (314) 994-9311
- Frontenac Home Dialysis Center4.59 miles away10435 Clayton Rd Suite 201 Saint Louis Missouri 63131Dialysis Stations: 6 (314) 567-0645
- Quality Care Dialysis Centers - Bridgeton5.45 miles away12484 St. Charles Rock Rd Bridgeton Missouri 63044Dialysis Stations: 14 (314) 298-0320
- Nxstage St Louis, LLC5.58 miles away1076 Old Des Peres Road Saint Louis Missouri 63131Dialysis Stations: 9 (314) 925-2522