Crestwood Terrace Intermediate & Behavioral Care is a senior living facility in Midlothian, Illinois, which has a total of 26,057 people. This nursing home received an F, which is really a rock-bottom score in our grading scheme. Based on our assessment, this facility probably isn't a fit for any prospective resident. Surprisingly, this nursing home actually received one respectable category grade for inspections, which you can find more information about below.
Crestwood Terrace Intermediate & Behavioral Care
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
13301 South Central Avenue,
Midlothian IL 60445
78.33% estimated occupancy 1
Note: Crestwood Terrace Intermediate & Behavioral Care has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- No Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Mental Health
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
While we graded this facility incredibly poorly overall, it received a fairly respectable inspection report this year. As a result, it received a decent grade in that category with a score of C. Inspection grades weigh a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. This nursing home was hit with 5 deficiencies on its government inspection report, but we were relieved to find that none were in any of the categories labeled G through L. This tells you inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies to be an imminent danger to patient safety or health. Finally, CMS cited this nursing home for possible abuse or neglect. Hopefully, its performance improves in the future, but until then we simply can't recommend this facility.
One of the other reasons we graded this nursing home so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing rating. In fact, nursing proved to be its second best category grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of F. There are a variety of factors within this category. Many of these subcategories are tied to staffing levels. This facility offered only 0.2 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This is an alarmingly low total. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing grades. This nursing home fared well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these statistics to be measures of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Crestwood Terrace Intermediate & Behavioral Care?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home ended up receiving a rock-bottom score in our short-term care category. It received a lowly F in this area. Our short-term care grades are crucial for residents looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes higher levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means a wide range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that just 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the next area, this facility really didn't perform very well in this category either. With a rock bottom grade of F in long-term care, this is really as terrible as it gets. When nursing homes receive a grade in this range in this category it typically means the nursing home did not perform well in our quality measures relating to patient care. After considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination data. Frankly, we were a bit worried that this nursing home vaccinated 89.9729 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which happens to be quite a few points less than what we expected. Surprisingly, this nursing home actually fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This was its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Crestwood Terrace Intermediate & Behavioral Care Quality Metrics
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Crestwood Terrace Intermediate & Behavioral Care, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term stay residents which have suffered falls resulting in serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Crestwood Terrace Intermediate & Behavioral Care, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This figure gauges the percent of long-term care residents which have sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be a sign of worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this metric could also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Crestwood Terrace Intermediate & Behavioral Care, 18.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These medications may be used for several medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Crestwood Terrace Intermediate & Behavioral Care, 19.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are given to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Crestwood Terrace Intermediate & Behavioral Care, 30.45% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Crestwood Terrace Intermediate & Behavioral Care, 87.4% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Crestwood Terrace Intermediate & Behavioral Care, 13.9% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Crestwood Terrace Intermediate & Behavioral Care, 17.56% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Crestwood Terrace Intermediate & Behavioral Care, 17.56 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
- Palos Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.27 miles away12251 South 80th Avenue Palos Heights Illinois 60463Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 923-4000
- Advocate Christ Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.05 miles away4440 W 95th Street Oak Lawn Illinois 60453Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 684-8000
- Ingalls Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.88 miles away1 Ingalls Drive Harvey Illinois 60426Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 333-2300
- Little Company of Mary HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.98 miles away2800 W 95th St Evergreen Park Illinois 60805Voluntary non-profit - Other(708) 422-6200
- Advocate South Suburban HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.6 miles away17800 S Kedzie Ave Hazel Crest Illinois 60429Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 799-8000
- Roseland Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.47 miles away45 W 111th Street Chicago Illinois 60628Voluntary non-profit - Other(773) 995-3000
- Holy Cross HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.99 miles away2701 W 68th Street Chicago Illinois 60629Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 884-9000
- St Bernard HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.97 miles away326 W 64th St Chicago Illinois 60621Voluntary non-profit - Private(773) 962-3900
- Concerto Dialysis1.16 miles away14255 S Cicero Ave Midlothian Illinois 60445Dialysis Stations: 9 (847) 233-1200
- Fmc - Crestwood1.22 miles away4815 Midlothian Turnpike Midlothian Illinois 60445CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (708) 293-1665
- Fmc - Alsip Dialysis Center2.06 miles away12250 S Cicero Ste 105 Alsip Illinois 60803CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (708) 389-0955
- Davita - Alsip Home Training3.02 miles away11500 S. Pulaski Road Alsip Illinois 60803Dialysis Stations: 4 (708) 385-7145
- Fmc - Oak Forest3.29 miles away5340a W 159th Street Oak Forest Illinois 60452Dialysis Stations: 12 (708) 535-0080
- Fmc - Merrionette Park3.66 miles away11630 South Kedzie Alsip Illinois 60803CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (708) 389-9099
- Davita - Chicago Ridge Dialysis3.72 miles away10511 S. Harlem Ave. Chicago Ridge Illinois 60415Dialysis Stations: 16 (708) 361-2863
- Davita - Mt Greenwood3.92 miles away3401 West 111th Street Chicago Illinois 60655CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (773) 445-0558