Crestwood Nursing & Rehabiliation Center is in Warren, Rhode Island. This city has a total of 10,627 people. This nursing home received an overall grade of B+, which is very favorable rating. In fact, this nursing home ended up being one of the top 50 facilities in Rhode Island. This place's impressive profile was highlighted by its inspection grade, which we will address in the next section.
Crestwood Nursing & Rehabiliation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Oncology Care
- Blood Administration
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. Our inspection scores are based on pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that score well in this category have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
We also awarded this facility a grade of A- for our short-term care score. In the area of short-term care, we try to qualify measures of a facility's rehabilitation services. We analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final measure we considered in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that 5.3 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Crestwood Nursing & Rehabiliation Center?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to our third area, this nursing home also earned a score of B for its long-term care rating. This is a well above average grade in this category. When nursing homes receive a score in this range in long-term care it generally means it's well-staffed and is a quality place to reside on a permanent basis. On top of considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 98.74214 percent of its patients, which is very impressive. Pneumonia sadly is often a deadly condition for nursing home residents so we strongly prefer when a nursing home does not leave this to chance. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
The next category we assessed is nursing. We awarded this facility a decent score in that category, with a grade of B-. Even though this was not as dominant as a few of its other scores, it is nevertheless not a major area of concern. Nursing scores are primarily tied to the facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours, this place performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is usually an indicator that a facility has sufficient quality controls in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Crestwood Nursing & Rehabiliation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Crestwood Nursing & Rehabiliation Center, 7.54% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Crestwood Nursing & Rehabiliation Center, 3.81% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients who had falls which resulted in major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indicator of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Crestwood Nursing & Rehabiliation Center, 2.72% of Patients had UTIs
This figure indicates the percent of long-term patients who suffered from a UTI. Although a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it can be difficult to compare between facilities due to differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Crestwood Nursing & Rehabiliation Center, 17.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term residents taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Crestwood Nursing & Rehabiliation Center, 15.06% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Crestwood Nursing & Rehabiliation Center, 2.96% of Patients
This is the percent of patients demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Crestwood Nursing & Rehabiliation Center, 94.59% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Crestwood Nursing & Rehabiliation Center, 17.47% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and continence. Some experts believe this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Crestwood Nursing & Rehabiliation Center, 23.44% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Crestwood Nursing & Rehabiliation Center, 1.17 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Crestwood Nursing & Rehabiliation Center, 23.44 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Crestwood Nursing & Rehabiliation Center, 11.31 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Crestwood Nursing & Rehabiliation Center, 77.51% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Saint Anne's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.34 miles away795 Middle Street Fall River Massachusetts 02721Proprietary(508) 674-5600
- Southcoast Hospital Group, IncAcute Care Hospitals 5.7 miles away363 Highland Avenue Fall River Massachusetts 02720Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 679-3131
- Emma Pendleton Bradley HospitalPsychiatric 6.98 miles away1011 Veterans Memorial Parkway Riverside Rhode Island 02915Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 432-1000
- Rhode Island HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.45 miles away593 Eddy Street Providence Rhode Island 02903Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 444-4000
- Women & Infants Hospital of Rhode IslandAcute Care Hospitals 9.57 miles away101 Dudley Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 274-1100
- The Miriam HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.97 miles away164 Summit Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02906Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 793-2500
- Roger Williams Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.48 miles away825 Chalkstone Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02908Proprietary(401) 456-2025
- Kent County Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.54 miles away455 Toll Gate Rd Warwick Rhode Island 02886Proprietary(401) 737-7010
- Fall River Kidney Center LLC5.78 miles away48 Weaver Street Fall River Massachusetts 02720CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 41 (508) 677-4911
- Dialysis Center of Tiverton7.08 miles away22 Hurst Lane Tiverton Rhode Island 02878Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 624-4403
- Dialysis Center of East Providence7.58 miles away318 Waterman Avenue East Providence Rhode Island 02914CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 435-5200
- Dialysis Center of Rhode Island Hospital7.65 miles away950 Warren Avenue Suite 101 East Providence Rhode Island 02914Dialysis Stations: 12 (401) 606-1002
- The Dialysis Center of Rhode Island Hospital8.19 miles away22 Baker Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Dialysis Stations: 18 (401) 444-4440
- Dialysis Center of Providence9.84 miles away9 Plenty Street Providence Rhode Island 02907Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 273-4898
- Fresenius Medical Care of Warwick10.12 miles away2814 Post Road Warwick Rhode Island 02886CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (401) 738-4050
- Nna of Providence11.03 miles away125 Corliss Street Providence Rhode Island 02904CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (401) 521-9300