Crestwood Nursing & Rehabiliation Center is in Warren, Rhode Island. This city has a total of 10,627 people. This nursing home received an overall grade of B+, which is very favorable rating. In fact, this nursing home ended up being one of the top 50 facilities in Rhode Island. This place's impressive profile was highlighted by its inspection grade, which we will address in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Crestwood Nursing & Rehabiliation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Warren senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Oncology Care
- Blood Administration
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Rhode Island Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Rhode Island Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. Our inspection scores are based on pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that score well in this category have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
We also awarded this facility a grade of A- for our short-term care score. In the area of short-term care, we try to qualify measures of a facility's rehabilitation services. We analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final measure we considered in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Crestwood Nursing & Rehabiliation Center?
Adding to its profile, this facility also earned a grade of B+ for its nursing rating. This is a well above average score in this category. In computing a facility's nursing grade, we assess the quantity of hours nurses are with residents and the skill levels of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home Rhode Island in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as having a protocol of moving residents more often.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we scored is long-term care. This facility was given a strong long-term care grade this year, with a grade of C. Although this wasn't quite as dominant as several of its other category grades, this is nevertheless an acceptable score for that category. In calculating our long-term care scores, we look at the assistance with daily living offered to the facility's residents. Once we concluded our assessment of the quantity of nursing care, we then looked at the facility's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 93.36283 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Nevertheless, this facility excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Crestwood Nursing & Rehabiliation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Crestwood Nursing & Rehabiliation Center, 7.72% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Crestwood Nursing & Rehabiliation Center, 4.42% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls leading to injury are often the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Crestwood Nursing & Rehabiliation Center, 2.86% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely associated with a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this statistic may also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Crestwood Nursing & Rehabiliation Center, 19.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This measures the percentage of long-term stay patients receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Crestwood Nursing & Rehabiliation Center, 15.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly given to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Crestwood Nursing & Rehabiliation Center, 2.02% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Crestwood Nursing & Rehabiliation Center, 93.99% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Crestwood Nursing & Rehabiliation Center, 16.08% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of decline of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Crestwood Nursing & Rehabiliation Center, 17.13% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Crestwood Nursing & Rehabiliation Center, 1.33 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Crestwood Nursing & Rehabiliation Center, 17.13 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Crestwood Nursing & Rehabiliation Center, 77.03% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Saint Anne's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.34 miles away795 Middle Street Fall River Massachusetts 02721Proprietary(508) 674-5600
- Southcoast Hospital Group, IncAcute Care Hospitals 5.7 miles away363 Highland Avenue Fall River Massachusetts 02720Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 679-3131
- Emma Pendleton Bradley HospitalPsychiatric 6.98 miles away1011 Veterans Memorial Parkway Riverside Rhode Island 02915Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 432-1000
- Rhode Island HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.45 miles away593 Eddy Street Providence Rhode Island 02903Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 444-4000
- Women & Infants Hospital of Rhode IslandAcute Care Hospitals 9.57 miles away101 Dudley Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 274-1100
- The Miriam HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.97 miles away164 Summit Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02906Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 793-2500
- Roger Williams Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.48 miles away825 Chalkstone Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02908Proprietary(401) 456-2025
- Kent County Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.54 miles away455 Toll Gate Rd Warwick Rhode Island 02886Proprietary(401) 737-7010
- Fall River Kidney Center LLC5.78 miles away48 Weaver Street Fall River Massachusetts 02720CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 41 (508) 677-4911
- Dialysis Center of Tiverton7.08 miles away22 Hurst Lane Tiverton Rhode Island 02878Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 624-4403
- Dialysis Center of East Providence7.58 miles away318 Waterman Avenue East Providence Rhode Island 02914CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 435-5200
- Dialysis Center of Rhode Island Hospital7.65 miles away950 Warren Avenue Suite 101 East Providence Rhode Island 02914Dialysis Stations: 12 (401) 606-1002
- The Dialysis Center of Rhode Island Hospital8.19 miles away22 Baker Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Dialysis Stations: 18 (401) 444-4440
- Dialysis Center of Providence9.84 miles away9 Plenty Street Providence Rhode Island 02907Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 273-4898
- Fresenius Medical Care of Warwick10.12 miles away2814 Post Road Warwick Rhode Island 02886CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (401) 738-4050
- Nna of Providence11.03 miles away125 Corliss Street Providence Rhode Island 02904CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (401) 521-9300