Crestwood Manor - Fremont is a nursing home in Fremont, California, which has a population of 214,112 people. We awarded this nursing home world class overall score of A+. In fact, it turned out to be the highest graded facility in the city. Based on our ratings, this nursing home is just about as as good as it gets. As you can find below, this place performed just as well in our category ratings. We gave it a straight A report card!
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Crestwood Manor - Fremont
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Fremont senior living options.Get Pricing
- No Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in California Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in California Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in California Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Fremont, California Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
On top of performing well overall, this nursing home earned a nearly flawless inspection report. Consequently, it received one of our best scores in that category with a grade of A+. Inspection ratings are based on many pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that score well in this area tend to have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also received an A+ long-term care grade, rendering it one of the few facilities to receive more than one A+ category grades. Nursing homes that do well in this category typically are well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to residents. On top of considering the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 99.77324 percent of its residents, which is much higher than most nursing homes. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Crestwood Manor - Fremont?
We also awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing grade. We weighed the skill-level of nurses working for the nursing home, in addition to the quantity of hours the nurses were with patients, in computing our rating in this area. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
In our final category, we gave this nursing home a grade of A+ for its short-term care score. This topped off a very favorable report card. In calculating our short-term care ratings, we size up the facility's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This score is frequently a solid measure of the nursing home's ability to rehabilitate patients. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final datapoint we looked at in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Crestwood Manor - Fremont Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Crestwood Manor - Fremont, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to remaining in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Crestwood Manor - Fremont, 1.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term residents who suffered a fall which resulted in major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be an indicator of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Crestwood Manor - Fremont, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents which experienced urinary tract infections. UTI's may be a sign of lower quality nursing care. However, this metric may be skewed for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Crestwood Manor - Fremont, 10.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to residents for a variety of conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Sadly, in limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Crestwood Manor - Fremont, 13.84% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are given to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Crestwood Manor - Fremont, 5.83% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents exhibiting signs of depression. Higher rates of depression could indicate worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Crestwood Manor - Fremont, 95.65% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Crestwood Manor - Fremont, 8.26% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and taking a bath. Many in the industry argue that this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Crestwood Manor - Fremont, 10.41% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients that were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Crestwood Manor - Fremont, 1.78 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is critical to preserving the physical well-being of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Crestwood Manor - Fremont, 10.41 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Fremont, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Fremont, California has 3 other nursing homes
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - FremontAcute Care Hospitals 0.95 miles away39400 Paseo Padre Pkwy Fremont California 94538Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 784-4000
- Washington HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.45 miles away2000 Mowry Ave Fremont California 94538Government - Hospital District or Authority(510) 797-1111
- St Rose HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.18 miles away27200 Calaroga Ave Hayward California 94545Voluntary non-profit - Church(510) 782-6200
- Stanford Health Care - ValleycareAcute Care Hospitals 11.87 miles away5555 West Las Positas Boulevard Pleasanton California 94588Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 447-7000
- El Camino HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.8 miles away2500 Grant Road Mountain View California 94040Government - Hospital District or Authority(650) 940-7000
- Stanford Health CareAcute Care Hospitals 12.97 miles away300 Pasteur Drive Stanford California 94305Voluntary non-profit - Private(650) 723-5708
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Redwood CityAcute Care Hospitals 13.86 miles away1100 Veterans Boulevard Redwood City California 94063Voluntary non-profit - Private(650) 299-2000
- Kaiser Permanente Psychiatric Health Facility-SantPsychiatric 13.9 miles away3840 Homestead Road Santa Clara California 95051Proprietary(408) 851-4850
- Fmc Fremont0.88 miles away39505 Paseo Padre Parkway Fremont California 94538CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 659-1240
- Wellbound of Menlo Park LLC0.93 miles away39510 Paseo Padre Pkwy, Suite 100 Fremont California 94538Dialysis Stations: 4 (510) 953-7800
- Davita Fremont Dialysis0.96 miles away2599 Stevenson Blvd Fremont California 94538CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 796-4385
- Fmc Ardenwood2.37 miles away37478 Cedar Blvd Ste A Newark California 94560CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (510) 744-0790
- Union City Dialysis Center4.45 miles away32930 Alvarado-Niles Road #300 Union City California 94587CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 38 (510) 489-6996
- Satellite Dialysis6.63 miles away1860 Milmont Drive Milpitas California 95035CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (408) 935-0600
- Hayward7.58 miles away1661 Industrial Parkway West Hayward California 94544CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 266-5743
- Satellite Dialysis Menlo Park10.14 miles away1040 Hamilton Court Menlo Park California 94025CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (650) 384-4800