Crestwood Manor is a small non-profit facility in Manchester Township, New Jersey. Sporting an overall score of A, this is undoubtedly a first-rate facility. Based on our assessment, you can't go wrong here. One of the major highlights of this nursing home's remarkable report card is its inspection score. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received an A+ inspection grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. Our inspection scores are tied to datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that receive favorable grades in this area tend to have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Fortunately, although this nursing home had a few minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Adding to its top-shelf resume, this facility also performed well in our short-term care category. In fact, we awarded it a score of A in that area. In our short-term care category, we attempt to create a meaningful barometer for rehabilitation. In doing so, we analyze the nursing home's scope of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of patients who returned home from this nursing home. We found that 6.2 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Crestwood Manor?
Adding to its impressive resume, this nursing home also excelled in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- for that category. Our nursing rating is primarily based on a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the final category, this nursing home was given a strong long-term care score. We awarded it a grade of A- in that category, giving this facility straight A's. Facilities that do well in long-term care tend to provide patients with more supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. One of the statistics we considered on top of nursing hours was vaccinations. This facility provided the pneumonia vaccination to 100 percent of its residents. Vaccination is a great way to minimize unnecessary deaths and hospitalizations for the aged 65 and up population. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Crestwood Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Crestwood Manor, 9.57% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term patients who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a reliable measure of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Crestwood Manor, 2.57% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who have sustained a fall which caused major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Crestwood Manor, 1.73% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Crestwood Manor, 10.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to patients for many medical conditions, including dementia. Tragically, in some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Crestwood Manor, 17.5% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were given antianxiety medications. These medications are used to treat patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Crestwood Manor, 5.81% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. High rates of depression may reveal a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Crestwood Manor, 92% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Crestwood Manor, 10.99% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could indicate erosion of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Crestwood Manor, 14.79% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients who maintained mobility. Some experts argue that mobility is important for patients health.
In Crestwood Manor, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is key to maintaining the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Crestwood Manor, 14.79 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Crestwood Manor, 8.17 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Crestwood Manor, 80.57% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Manchester Township, NJ
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Manchester Township, New Jersey has 4 other nursing homes
- Community Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.81 miles away99 Rt 37 West Toms River New Jersey 08755Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 557-8000
- Monmouth Medical Center-Southern CampusAcute Care Hospitals 11.9 miles away600 River Ave Lakewood New Jersey 08701Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 363-1900
- Ocean Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.45 miles away425 Jack Martin Blvd Brick New Jersey 08724Voluntary non-profit - Other(732) 840-2200
- Southern Ocean Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.9 miles away1140 Rt 72 W Manahawkin New Jersey 08050Voluntary non-profit - Private(609) 597-6011
- Fmc Whiting Dialysis Ctr1.21 miles away400-430 Route 530 Pinewald-Keswick Road Manchester Township New Jersey 08759CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 350-8405
- Fmc John J De Palma Renal Center6.39 miles away1 Plaza Drive Toms River New Jersey 08757CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (732) 505-0637
- Davita Dialysis at Deborah12.01 miles away107 Trenton Road Browns Mills New Jersey 08015CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (609) 893-3950
- Fmc Lakewood Dialysis12.59 miles awaySeagull Shopping Plaza 1328 River Avenue Ste 16 Lakewood New Jersey 08701Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 730-2222
- Fresenius Medical Care Toms River12.76 miles away970 Hooper Avenue Toms River New Jersey 08753CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 286-6502
- Kamakee Dialysis (Davita Ocean County Dc)14 miles away635 Bay Avenue Suite 215 Toms River New Jersey 08753Dialysis Stations: 10 (732) 341-2730
- Physicians Dialysis Brick14.07 miles awayRenal Center 150 Brick Boulevard Brick New Jersey 08723CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (732) 477-2247
- Davita Jackson Township Dialysis14.13 miles away260 North County Line Road Suite 120 Jackson New Jersey 08527Dialysis Stations: 10 (732) 364-2055