Crestview Health & Rehab Center is a very-large hospital-based facility in Atlanta, Georgia. We gave this facility a C overall, which isn't a bad score. This is comparable with the city grade in Atlanta, which is a B-. Based on our analysis, this facility has some redeeming qualities. One of the best aspects of this nursing home's report card is its stellar inspection grade, which you can find in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Crestview Health & Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Atlanta senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Other
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
The primary reason this nursing home received a decent overall score is its impeccable inspections in recent years. We gave it one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of A. This is a much better grade than the place's overall score, which was decent but certainly not elite. Arguably the most critical factor we consider in computing our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Facilities with higher grades in this category most likely avoided the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. Although this nursing home had some deficiencies on its report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. A couple minor deficiencies shouldn't stop you from considering a nursing home.
Long-term Care Quality
Another one of this nursing home's more favorable category scores came in the area of long-term care. In that category, we gave this facility a grade of B+. If you are seeking services other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care grades. After looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 39.562626 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is slightly lower than we anticipated but still a respectable percentage. Although its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we had hoped, we were pleased to find facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Crestview Health & Rehab Center?
Another strength of this nursing home is its favorable grade in nursing. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with an impressive grade of D. The nursing grade includes several subcategories. The most important variable is the amount of time nurses spend with residents. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing scores. This place performed well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Short-term Care Quality
The last area we graded was short-term care, which ended up being this nursing home's worst area. It received an abysmal F in this category, which is obviously concerning. Our short-term care scores are based on a nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled nursing services. This means a vast scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, not to mention other types of therapy. Based on its grade in this area, we were not surprised to find that this nursing home is well below average in terms of the number of physical therapy and registered nurse hours offered to its residents based on the data we assessed. Frankly, this was about what we expected to find. The last metric we assessed in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 5 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these poor metrics doomed this nursing home's short-term care score.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Crestview Health & Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Crestview Health & Rehab Center, 10.15% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term residents who suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Crestview Health & Rehab Center, 3.46% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are often the result of lower quality nursing care. Better nursing care minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Crestview Health & Rehab Center, 3.2% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often associated with facilities with worst hygiene practices. Better nursing care limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Keep in mind that this statistic is affected by by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Crestview Health & Rehab Center, 18.35% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure gauges the percent of long-term care patients who are given antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents in situations where such medications aren't medically indicated. However, some nursing homes may need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of residents suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Crestview Health & Rehab Center, 20.07% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term care residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Crestview Health & Rehab Center, 4.8% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Crestview Health & Rehab Center, 94.56% of Patients
This is the percent of residents that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Crestview Health & Rehab Center, 16.73% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Crestview Health & Rehab Center, 17.19% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that were able to retain mobility.
In Crestview Health & Rehab Center, 1.66 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is important to maintaining the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Crestview Health & Rehab Center, 17.19 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Crestview Health & Rehab Center, 11.58 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Crestview Health & Rehab Center, 68.99% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with activities of daily living usually correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
Scores for Atlanta, GA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Atlanta, Georgia has 11 other nursing homes
- Grady Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.42 miles away80 Jesse Hill, Jr Drive Se Atlanta Georgia 30303Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 616-4252
- Wellstar Atlanta Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.33 miles away303 Parkway Drive, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30312Proprietary(404) 265-4000
- Emory University Hospital MidtownAcute Care Hospitals 6.52 miles away550 Peachtree Street, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30308Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 686-4411
- Southern Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.12 miles away11 Upper Riverdale Road, Sw Riverdale Georgia 30274Voluntary non-profit - Private(770) 991-8160
- Piedmont HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.07 miles away1968 Peachtree Rd Nw Atlanta Georgia 30309Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 605-5000
- Emory University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.58 miles away1364 Clifton Road, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30322Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 686-8500
- Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at EglestonChildrens 9.7 miles away1405 Clifton Road, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30322Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 785-6101
- Emory Decatur HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.02 miles away2701 N Decatur Road Decatur Georgia 30033Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 501-1000
- South Fulton Dialysis0.36 miles away2685 Metropolitan Parkway Sw Suite F Atlanta Georgia 30315CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (404) 761-2630
- Trinity Dialysis Clinic1 miles away1354 Cleveland Avenue Atlanta Georgia 30344Dialysis Stations: 20 (404) 763-0405
- Hapeville Dialysis Center1.33 miles away800 Virginia Ave Ste 100 Atlanta Georgia 30354Dialysis Stations: 18 (404) 762-9333
- East Point Dialysis1.55 miles away2669 Church Street Atlanta Georgia 30344CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (404) 765-1780
- Dialysis Clinic, Inc. - Camp Creek3.82 miles away3492 Washington Road Atlanta Georgia 30344Dialysis Stations: 20 (678) 701-2713
- Emory Dialysis LLC4.39 miles away2841 Greenbriar Pkwy Sw Suite x126 Atlanta Georgia 30331CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (404) 778-1001
- Total Renal Care Inc4.43 miles away540 Central Avenue Atlanta Georgia 30312Dialysis Stations: 19 (404) 581-9314
- South Fulton Dialysis Center4.56 miles away3268 Greenbriar Pkwy, Sw Atlanta Georgia 30331Dialysis Stations: 19 (404) 997-6700