Crestview Court is the sole nursing home we were able to find in Cedar Hill, Texas. This nursing home was awarded an overall grade of C, which is a decent grade. Based on our analysis, this facility has some redeeming qualities. This facility did not fare well in all of our categories, but it didn't receive any terrible grades either. More information about its category grades can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Cedar Hill senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home earned a solid overall grade as described above, but we really wanted to point out its excellent inspection reports in recent years. We awarded them an A in this category. Perhaps the most important factor we consider in determining our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a facility's inspection reports. Nursing homes with better scores in this category most likely dodged the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This nursing home received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be severe. This tells you that the government inspectors did not consider any of these deficiencies an imminent risk to patient safety or health. A few minor deficiencies should not stop you from considering a nursing home.
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, we also wanted to draw your attention to the fact that this nursing home received strong short-term care marks this year. We gave them one of our higher grades in that area, with a grade of B. This turned out to be the facility's second strongest grade. In the category of short-term care, we try to evaluate indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We look at the facility's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. It doesn't look like this nursing home provided information about its staffing of registered nurses or physical therapists. The last item we assessed in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that 6 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Crestview Court?
Long-term Care Quality
This facilities third most favorable area is long-term care. We awarded it a C in this area. This is basically a middle of the road score in this category. Long-term care grades are typically used to judge a nursing home's performance as a traditional convalescent home, as opposed to focusing on the skilled nursing services offered by a rehabilitation facility. After we finished assessing the volume of care provided by nurses, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination record. We were pleased to find that this facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Lastly, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
This nursing home's worst area was nursing, which is the last category we assessed. For this area, we awarded this facility a grade of D. Our nursing rating is primarily tied to the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This facility averaged a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This is an alarmingly low total. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing ratings. This nursing home fared well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these statistics to be indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Crestview Court Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Crestview Court, 7.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Crestview Court, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term residents who have experienced a fall leading to severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be a sign of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Crestview Court, 1.52% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often associated with facilities with lower levels of hygiene. Additional nurse staffing reduces the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Note that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Crestview Court, 10.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients that are administered antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications are not medically required. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of patients with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Crestview Court, 22.67% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are administered to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Crestview Court, 4.84% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term patients who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Crestview Court, 93.69% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Crestview Court, 17.58% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may indicate the decline of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Crestview Court, 13.47% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Crestview Court, 13.47 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Crestview Court, 11.91 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Crestview Court, 66.29% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements.
- Methodist Charlton Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.11 miles away3500 W Wheatland Road Dallas Texas 75237Voluntary non-profit - Private(214) 947-7777
- Crescent Medical Center LancasterAcute Care Hospitals 7.78 miles away2600 West Pleasant Run Road Lancaster Texas 75146Physician(972) 230-8888
- Methodist Mansfield Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.02 miles away2700 E Broad Street Mansfield Texas 76063Voluntary non-profit - Private(682) 622-2059
- Usmd Hospital at Arlington L PAcute Care Hospitals 11.11 miles away801 W Interstate 20 Arlington Texas 76017Physician(817) 472-3400
- Baylor Scott and White Orthopedic and Spine HospiAcute Care Hospitals 11.27 miles away707 Highlander Blvd Arlington Texas 76015Proprietary(817) 549-2364
- Medical City ArlingtonAcute Care Hospitals 11.47 miles away3301 Matlock Road Arlington Texas 76015Proprietary(817) 465-3241
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center- WaxahachieAcute Care Hospitals 13.04 miles away2400 N Interstate Highway 35e Waxahachie Texas 75165Voluntary non-profit - Private(972) 923-7000
- Methodist Dallas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.05 miles away1441 North Beckley Avenue Dallas Texas 75203Voluntary non-profit - Other(214) 947-2879
- Fresenius Medical Care Cedar Hill, LLC1.09 miles away120 W Belt Line Rd Cedar Hill Texas 75104Dialysis Stations: 21 (972) 293-8178
- Lynwick Dialysis, LLC1.11 miles away439 E Fm 1382 Cedar Hill Texas 75104Dialysis Stations: 21 (972) 291-5817
- Usrc Cedar Hill, LLC1.17 miles away458 N Highway 67 Ste 400 Cedar Hill Texas 75104Dialysis Stations: 8 (214) 444-7386
- Duncanville Dialysis2.97 miles away270 E Highway 67, Suite 100 Duncanville Texas 75137Dialysis Stations: 16 (972) 296-4911
- Liberty Dialysis - Duncanville3.44 miles away1038 Us Highway 67 Duncanville Texas 75137CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (214) 302-0238
- Liberty Dialysis - Charlton5.05 miles away3571 W Wheatland Road Suite 103 Dallas Texas 75237CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (469) 518-5731
- Desoto Regional Dialysis Center LLC5.37 miles away2651 Bolton Boone Drive Building B Desoto Texas 75115CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (972) 780-5991
- Redbird Dialysis Center5.38 miles away4111 Camp Wisdom Rd Dallas Texas 75237CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (972) 709-0212