Crestview Court is one of a mere two nursing homes in Cedar Hill, Texas. This nursing home was awarded an overall grade of B, which is a quality grade. Based on our analysis, this facility has quite a bit going for it. We were also pleased to find that this facility didn't have any bad scores in any of the major categories discussed below. More information about its category grades can be found below.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its strong overall performance, we gave this place an A+ for the area of inspections. Our inspection grades weigh a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher scores in this area tend to have few of these severe deficiencies. This nursing home was assessed 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies to create an immediate risk to resident safety or health. A couple minor dings are not necessarily the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
Another one of this nursing home's quality category grades came in the category of short-term care. We awarded them one of our better scores in that category, with a grade of B. Our short-term care grade is commonly employed to judge a facility's performance with rehabilitation. In order to provide quality rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to have higher levels of skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Unfortunately, we were not able to find information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 6.4 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Crestview Court?
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we analyzed is long-term care, where this facility received a grade of B- in this area. In a long-term care environment, the nursing home's primary goal is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. One of the factors we considered after nurse's aid hours is vaccinations. Fortunately, this facility provided the pneumonia vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. This place keeps its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Moving on to the fourth category, this nursing home received a respectable nursing grade of C. Nursing scores are primarily based on the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This facility provides only 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This is a somewhat uninspiring figure as it is well below the national average. Lastly, nursing scores also consider quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. Despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours, this facility actually performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is typically a reliable indicator that a facility has quality controls in place. Many falls can be avoided if a facility supplies enough nurses aids to assist its patients.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Crestview Court Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Crestview Court, 7.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to remaining in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Crestview Court, 3.28% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Major falls are routinely the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Crestview Court, 1.64% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Crestview Court, 11.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many residents, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Crestview Court, 22.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were given antianxiety medications. These drugs are used to treat patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Crestview Court, 4.66% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Crestview Court, 94.73% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term residents that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Crestview Court, 17.29% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Crestview Court, 18.08% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that retained mobility levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Crestview Court, 18.08 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Crestview Court, 11.87 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Crestview Court, 66.73% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living generally correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
- Methodist Charlton Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.11 miles away3500 W Wheatland Road Dallas Texas 75237Voluntary non-profit - Private(214) 947-7777
- Crescent Medical Center LancasterAcute Care Hospitals 7.78 miles away2600 West Pleasant Run Road Lancaster Texas 75146Physician(972) 230-8888
- Methodist Mansfield Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.02 miles away2700 E Broad Street Mansfield Texas 76063Voluntary non-profit - Private(682) 622-2059
- Usmd Hospital at Arlington L PAcute Care Hospitals 11.11 miles away801 W Interstate 20 Arlington Texas 76017Physician(817) 472-3400
- Baylor Scott and White Orthopedic and Spine HospiAcute Care Hospitals 11.27 miles away707 Highlander Blvd Arlington Texas 76015Proprietary(817) 549-2364
- Medical City ArlingtonAcute Care Hospitals 11.47 miles away3301 Matlock Road Arlington Texas 76015Proprietary(817) 465-3241
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center- WaxahachieAcute Care Hospitals 13.04 miles away2400 N Interstate Highway 35e Waxahachie Texas 75165Voluntary non-profit - Private(972) 923-7000
- Methodist Dallas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.05 miles away1441 North Beckley Avenue Dallas Texas 75203Voluntary non-profit - Other(214) 947-2879
- Fresenius Medical Care Cedar Hill, LLC1.09 miles away120 W Belt Line Rd Cedar Hill Texas 75104Dialysis Stations: 21 (972) 293-8178
- Lynwick Dialysis, LLC1.11 miles away439 E Fm 1382 Cedar Hill Texas 75104Dialysis Stations: 21 (972) 291-5817
- Usrc Cedar Hill, LLC1.17 miles away458 N Highway 67 Ste 400 Cedar Hill Texas 75104Dialysis Stations: 8 (214) 444-7386
- Duncanville Dialysis2.97 miles away270 E Highway 67, Suite 100 Duncanville Texas 75137Dialysis Stations: 16 (972) 296-4911
- Liberty Dialysis - Duncanville3.44 miles away1038 Us Highway 67 Duncanville Texas 75137CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (214) 302-0238
- Liberty Dialysis - Charlton5.05 miles away3571 W Wheatland Road Suite 103 Dallas Texas 75237CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (469) 518-5731
- Desoto Regional Dialysis Center LLC5.37 miles away2651 Bolton Boone Drive Building B Desoto Texas 75115CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (972) 780-5991
- Redbird Dialysis Center5.38 miles away4111 Camp Wisdom Rd Dallas Texas 75237CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (972) 709-0212