Crestview Center is a facility in Langhorne, Pennsylvania. The city has a total of 35,056 people. Featuring an overall score of B-, this looks like a decent facility. In our view, this place should be a solid choice for quite a few people. One of the major highlights of this nursing home's report card is its exemplary inspection grade, which you can find in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Langhorne senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a respectable facility overall, this place also excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned an A+. Few facilities performed better in this area. Our inspection ratings are tied to many pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that receive favorable grades in this category tend to have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. We weren't able to track down information on deficiency's for this nursing home. Without having complete information regarding deficiencies for this facility, it was a challenge to fully assess the place in the inspections category.
Short-term Care Quality
We also gave this facility a middle of the pack grade in the category of short-term care, with a grade of B-. In computing our short-term care grades, we assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The objective is to formulate a barometer for comparing the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the number of residents that ultimately were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 5.1 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was well below the national average.
Does this page answer your questions about Crestview Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility was awarded its next highest category score in the area of long-term care. We gave this facility a grade of C in this area, which is a respectable score. If you are seeking anything other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care scores. Once we looked at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 94.495415 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is more than most nursing homes. This facility was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
The last area we assessed is nursing. This facility received a grade of C for this area. Our nursing rating assesses the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We weigh both the levels of skill of the nurses and the amount of time spent with residents. This nursing home averages just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low figure. Finally, while this place got dinged a bit for nursing hours, it excelled in some of our quality metrics. With fewer than five percent of its patients experiencing pressure ulcers, it did remarkably well in this area.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Crestview Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Crestview Center, 14.63% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Crestview Center, 1.28% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care. Better nursing protocols minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Crestview Center, 0.59% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely the result of worse hygiene protocols. More frequent bathing limits the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. We want to point out that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Crestview Center, 17.82% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients that are administered antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some nursing homes need to rely more on these medications due to having more residents suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Crestview Center, 23.98% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally used to treat residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Crestview Center, 5.66% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients demonstrating signs of depression. Many believe that this is a reliable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Crestview Center, 94.58% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Crestview Center, 16.37% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Crestview Center, 18.87% of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who retained mobility levels.
In Crestview Center, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Crestview Center, 18.87% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Crestview Center, 4.01% of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to assess patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Crestview Center, 68.5% of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of performance with ADL's often correlates with successful rehabilitation.
- Lower Bucks HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.8 miles away501 Bath Road Bristol Pennsylvania 19007Proprietary(215) 785-9200
- Capital Health System-Fuld CampusAcute Care Hospitals 9.2 miles away750 Brunswick Ave Trenton New Jersey 08638Voluntary non-profit - Private(609) 394-6000
- St Francis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.52 miles away601 Hamilton Ave Trenton New Jersey 08629Voluntary non-profit - Church(609) 599-5000
- Aria HealthAcute Care Hospitals 10.05 miles away10800 Knights Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19114Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 612-4129
- Holy Redeemer Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.82 miles away1648 Huntingdon Pike Jenkintown Pennsylvania 19046Voluntary non-profit - Church(215) 947-3000
- Virtua Willingboro HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.25 miles away218a Sunset Road Willingboro New Jersey 08046Voluntary non-profit - Private(609) 835-2900
- Abington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.04 miles away1200 Old York Road Abington Pennsylvania 19001Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 481-2000
- Nazareth HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.23 miles away2601 Holme Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19152Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 335-6000
- Newtown Dialysis Center1.15 miles away60 Blacksmith Road Newtown Pennsylvania 18940Dialysis Stations: 18 (267) 757-8060
- Bio-Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc.1.27 miles away105 Terry Drive Suite 118 Newtown Pennsylvania 18940Dialysis Stations: 12 (215) 968-3064
- Langhorne Dialysis Center2.59 miles away880 Town Center Drive Langhorne Pennsylvania 19047CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (215) 757-4115
- Dialysis Center at Oxford Court2.71 miles away930 Town Center Drive, Suite G-100 Langhorne Pennsylvania 19047Dialysis Stations: 14 (215) 750-9831
- Davita Neshaminy Dialysis6.5 miles away2 Neshaminy Interplex Drive Building 2, Suite 110 Feasterville Trevose Pennsylvania 19053Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 245-6590
- Bristol Dialysis LLC6.55 miles away1900 Frost Road Bristol Pennsylvania 19007CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (215) 785-0382
- Fmc Ewing7.88 miles away1962 North Olden Avenue Trenton New Jersey 08618CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (609) 671-1600
- Davita Franklin Commons Dialysis7.9 miles away720 Johnsville Boulevard, Suite 800 Warminster Pennsylvania 18974CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 682-7691