Located in Manchester, Connecticut, Crestfield Rehabilitation Center & Fenwood Manor is the lone option we identified there. Featuring an overall rating of B+, this is a very good facility. You could definitely do much worse than this facility. Lastly, this nursing home's ownership changed in the last year, so we will need to monitor it to confirm it maintains its high level of care.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Crestfield Rehabilitation Center & Fenwood Manor
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Assisted Living
Updated Jan 10, 2019 by Nick Lata
Note: Data for Crestfield Rehabilitation Center & Fenwood Manor has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
Please note our records indicate that Crestfield Rehabilitation Center & Fenwood Manor has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
Get pricing and details on Manchester senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Blood Administration
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
One of the reasons this ended up being a strong facility is that it received a very impressive inspection score. Inspections is its best category grade. In this category, we awarded this facility an A-. Perhaps the most critical factor we look at in computing our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with better grades in this category most likely avoided the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This facility was hit with 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This tells you that the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies to cause an imminent risk to patient safety or health. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was awarded an impressive short-term care score. In fact, we awarded it an above average grade of B in this category. Short-term care grades are commonly used to score a facility's performance with rehabilitation. In order to provide high-end rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to provide higher levels of skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other licensed professionals. It doesn't look like this nursing home submitted information about its staffing of registered nurses or physical therapists. The final statistic we assessed in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Crestfield Rehabilitation Center & Fenwood Manor?
Another strong feature for this facility is that it received an impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of B. Nursing ratings are based in large part on quality and quantity of nursing care. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by having a system of turning a resident more frequently.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we scored was long-term care. We gave this nursing home one of our higher scores in this category, with a grade of B. This nursing home turned out to be relatively strong in all areas we analyzed. For prospective residents looking for a permanent place to live as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care grades are an important measure. After assessing the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination records. We weren't able to track down this facility's vaccination rates. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
- Manchester Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.4 miles away71 Haynes St Manchester Connecticut 06040Proprietary(860) 647-4780
- Rockville General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.92 miles away31 Union St Vernon Rockville Connecticut 06066Proprietary(860) 872-5160
- Hartford HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.37 miles away80 Seymour Street Hartford Connecticut 06102Voluntary non-profit - Private(860) 545-5000
- Connecticut Childrens Medical CenterChildrens 10.49 miles away282 Washington Street Hartford Connecticut 06106Voluntary non-profit - Private(860) 545-9000
- St Francis Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.89 miles away114 Woodland Street Hartford Connecticut 06105Voluntary non-profit - Church(860) 714-4000
- Windham Comm Mem Hosp & Hatch HospAcute Care Hospitals 14.71 miles away112 Mansfield Avenue Willimantic Connecticut 06226Voluntary non-profit - Private(860) 456-9116
- John Dempsey HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.38 miles away263 Farmington Ave Farmington Connecticut 06032Government - Local(860) 679-1145
- Hospital of Central Connecticut, TheAcute Care Hospitals 18.26 miles away100 Grand Street New Britain Connecticut 06050Voluntary non-profit - Other(860) 224-5011
- Davita Vernon Dialysis Center1.92 miles away460 Hartford Turnpike Vernon Rockville Connecticut 06066CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (860) 896-1537
- Manchester Dialysis Center2.24 miles away319 Main Street Manchester Connecticut 06040Dialysis Stations: 31 (860) 432-9499
- East Hartford Dialysis Center8.98 miles away200 Pitkin Street East Hartford Connecticut 06108CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (860) 282-6266
- Fresenius Medical Care Windsor9.29 miles away1 Emerson Drive Windsor Connecticut 06095Dialysis Stations: 10 (860) 285-8612
- Davita Hartford Downtown Dialysis10.31 miles away80 Seymour Street Hartford Connecticut 06115Dialysis Stations: 42 (860) 244-2108
- Davita Hartford Dialysis10.38 miles away675 Tower Avenue Hartford Connecticut 06112CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (860) 242-0735
- Davita Pdi Rocky Hill12.29 miles away30 Waterchase Drive Rocky Hill Connecticut 06067Dialysis Stations: 24 (860) 563-6000
- Fmc of Western Hartford12.34 miles away725 Park Avenue, Bloomfield Connecticut 06002Dialysis Stations: 19 (860) 726-0099