Crestfield Rehabilitation Center & Fenwood Manor is a senior living facility in Manchester, Connecticut, a city with a total of 58,248 people. It looks like this nursing home is ranked among the higher-graded nursing homes we assessed. A score of this caliber requires first-rate scores across the board. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top third of all nursing homes in the United States. One of the highlights of this nursing home's report card is its impressive long-term care rating, which is addressed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Crestfield Rehabilitation Center & Fenwood Manor
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Manchester senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this nursing home earned an impressive grade of A in our long-term care category. For residents in need of a permanent residence as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care is an important category. One of the datapoints we considered on top of nurse's aid hours was vaccines. This facility administered the pneumonia vaccine to 74.7541 percent of its patients. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Turning to inspections, this facility excelled in that area, which is based on the facility's recent inspection reports. We awarded it an A for that category. Inspection ratings are based on many items found on the a nursing home's recent inspections. Facilities that score well in this category typically have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. Although this facility had some deficiencies on its report, none of them were serious based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Crestfield Rehabilitation Center & Fenwood Manor?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also received a strong short-term care grade. Indeed, we gave it an above average score of B+ in this category. In computing our short-term care ratings, we assess the nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other types of therapists. This rating is considered to be a useful measure of the facility's rehabilitation. We were not able to find information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The final datapoint we considered in this category is the percentage of patients that ultimately returned home from the facility. We found that 6 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
The last area we scored is nursing. This nursing home was awarded an impressive nursing grade in our assessment, with a grade of B. While this was not as dominant as a few of its other scores, this is nevertheless one of our stronger scores for that area. The nursing score is based on many subcategories. The most heavily weighted one is the amount of time nurses spend with residents. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Crestfield Rehabilitation Center & Fenwood Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Crestfield Rehabilitation Center & Fenwood Manor, 8.34% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure tells you the percent of long-term care patients who have pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Crestfield Rehabilitation Center & Fenwood Manor, 3.61% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a fall leading to serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Crestfield Rehabilitation Center & Fenwood Manor, 2.72% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often associated with a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this statistic may also be skewed for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Crestfield Rehabilitation Center & Fenwood Manor, 15.41% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that were given antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some nursing homes may need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of residents suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Crestfield Rehabilitation Center & Fenwood Manor, 16.6% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term stay residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Crestfield Rehabilitation Center & Fenwood Manor, 10.52% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Crestfield Rehabilitation Center & Fenwood Manor, 87.7% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Crestfield Rehabilitation Center & Fenwood Manor, 15.48% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Crestfield Rehabilitation Center & Fenwood Manor, 15.42% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients that retained mobility levels. Some experts would argue that the ability to move around is critical to patients health.
In Crestfield Rehabilitation Center & Fenwood Manor, 2.09 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Crestfield Rehabilitation Center & Fenwood Manor, 15.42 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Crestfield Rehabilitation Center & Fenwood Manor, 10.47 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Crestfield Rehabilitation Center & Fenwood Manor, 76.57% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Manchester Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.35 miles away71 Haynes St Manchester Connecticut 06040Proprietary(860) 647-4780
- Rockville General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.94 miles away31 Union St Vernon Rockville Connecticut 06066Proprietary(860) 872-5160
- Hartford HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.32 miles away80 Seymour Street Hartford Connecticut 06102Voluntary non-profit - Private(860) 545-5000
- Connecticut Childrens Medical CenterChildrens 10.43 miles away282 Washington Street Hartford Connecticut 06106Voluntary non-profit - Private(860) 545-9000
- St Francis Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.83 miles away114 Woodland Street Hartford Connecticut 06105Voluntary non-profit - Church(860) 714-4000
- Windham Comm Mem Hosp & Hatch HospAcute Care Hospitals 14.77 miles away112 Mansfield Avenue Willimantic Connecticut 06226Voluntary non-profit - Private(860) 456-9116
- John Dempsey HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.32 miles away263 Farmington Ave Farmington Connecticut 06032Government - Local(860) 679-1145
- Hospital of Central Connecticut, TheAcute Care Hospitals 18.21 miles away100 Grand Street New Britain Connecticut 06050Voluntary non-profit - Other(860) 224-5011
- Davita Vernon Dialysis Center1.94 miles away460 Hartford Turnpike Vernon Rockville Connecticut 06066CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (860) 896-1537
- Manchester Dialysis Center2.2 miles away319 Main Street Manchester Connecticut 06040Dialysis Stations: 31 (860) 432-9499
- East Hartford Dialysis Center8.92 miles away200 Pitkin Street East Hartford Connecticut 06108CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (860) 282-6266
- Fresenius Medical Care Windsor9.23 miles away1 Emerson Drive Windsor Connecticut 06095Dialysis Stations: 10 (860) 285-8612
- Davita Hartford Downtown Dialysis10.25 miles away80 Seymour Street Hartford Connecticut 06115Dialysis Stations: 42 (860) 244-2108
- Davita Hartford Dialysis10.32 miles away675 Tower Avenue Hartford Connecticut 06112CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (860) 242-0735
- Davita Pdi Rocky Hill12.24 miles away30 Waterchase Drive Rocky Hill Connecticut 06067Dialysis Stations: 24 (860) 563-6000
- Fmc of Western Hartford12.28 miles away725 Park Avenue, Bloomfield Connecticut 06002Dialysis Stations: 19 (860) 726-0099