Crestfield Rehabilitation Center & Fenwood Manor is a senior living facility in Manchester, Connecticut, a city with a total of 58,248 people. We gave it an overall grade of B-, which is a middle of the road rating. At the end of the day, this nursing home would be a solid choice for quite a few people. The best part of this facility's report card was is its inspection grade. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section.
Crestfield Rehabilitation Center & Fenwood Manor
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
While this facility's overall grade was not bad, it really fared well in the category of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- for that category, which is one of our highest scores. Inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this facility had a few minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. We should note that deficiency-free inspections are rare in this industry.
Short-term Care Quality
Another one of this facility's better category scores was in the category of short-term care. In that category, we gave this facility a grade of B. Short-term care grades are generally employed to judge a nursing home's rehabilitation services. In order to offer quality rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must offer better levels of skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other highly trained professionals. Unfortunately, it does not look like this nursing home submitted data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The final item we considered in this area is the percentage of residents that who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. We found that 6 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Crestfield Rehabilitation Center & Fenwood Manor?
This nursing home's next best category was nursing. We awarded it a grade of C in this category. This is basically a middle of the road grade in this category. The nursing grade features several subcategories. The most heavily weighted variable is the quantity of hours nurses spent with patients. This facility provides only 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This is a somewhat uninspiring figure which is well below the national average. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics. While this nursing home got dinged a bit for nursing hours per resident, it excelled in a few of these quality measures. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed very well in this subcategory. This is typically an indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by having a protocol of turning a resident even once per day.
Long-term Care Quality
Our final area is long-term care, where we gave this facility a C in that area. In calculating these long-term care scores, we quantify the facility's personal care services. One of the data points we considered in addition to nursing hours was vaccines. Frankly, we were a bit concerned this nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccination to a relatively low 75.50336 percent of its residents. On a more positive note, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Crestfield Rehabilitation Center & Fenwood Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Crestfield Rehabilitation Center & Fenwood Manor, 6.69% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely the result of residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Crestfield Rehabilitation Center & Fenwood Manor, 3.55% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who sustained a fall resulting in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Crestfield Rehabilitation Center & Fenwood Manor, 1.93% of Patients had UTIs
This is an indication of the percent of long-term patients who experienced a UTI. UTI's could be an indication of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this metric could be skewed for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Crestfield Rehabilitation Center & Fenwood Manor, 14.74% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to residents for a variety of medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Sadly, in some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Crestfield Rehabilitation Center & Fenwood Manor, 17.2% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are administered to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Crestfield Rehabilitation Center & Fenwood Manor, 6.52% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Crestfield Rehabilitation Center & Fenwood Manor, 88.27% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these types of vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Crestfield Rehabilitation Center & Fenwood Manor, 17.82% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of deterioration of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Crestfield Rehabilitation Center & Fenwood Manor, 22.18% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Crestfield Rehabilitation Center & Fenwood Manor, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Crestfield Rehabilitation Center & Fenwood Manor, 22.18 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Crestfield Rehabilitation Center & Fenwood Manor, 9.56 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Crestfield Rehabilitation Center & Fenwood Manor, 75.26% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements.
- Manchester Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.35 miles away71 Haynes St Manchester Connecticut 06040Proprietary(860) 647-4780
- Rockville General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.94 miles away31 Union St Vernon Rockville Connecticut 06066Proprietary(860) 872-5160
- Hartford HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.32 miles away80 Seymour Street Hartford Connecticut 06102Voluntary non-profit - Private(860) 545-5000
- Connecticut Childrens Medical CenterChildrens 10.43 miles away282 Washington Street Hartford Connecticut 06106Voluntary non-profit - Private(860) 545-9000
- St Francis Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.83 miles away114 Woodland Street Hartford Connecticut 06105Voluntary non-profit - Church(860) 714-4000
- Windham Comm Mem Hosp & Hatch HospAcute Care Hospitals 14.77 miles away112 Mansfield Avenue Willimantic Connecticut 06226Voluntary non-profit - Private(860) 456-9116
- John Dempsey HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.32 miles away263 Farmington Ave Farmington Connecticut 06032Government - Local(860) 679-1145
- Hospital of Central Connecticut, TheAcute Care Hospitals 18.21 miles away100 Grand Street New Britain Connecticut 06050Voluntary non-profit - Other(860) 224-5011
- Davita Vernon Dialysis Center1.94 miles away460 Hartford Turnpike Vernon Rockville Connecticut 06066CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (860) 896-1537
- Manchester Dialysis Center2.2 miles away319 Main Street Manchester Connecticut 06040Dialysis Stations: 31 (860) 432-9499
- East Hartford Dialysis Center8.92 miles away200 Pitkin Street East Hartford Connecticut 06108CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (860) 282-6266
- Fresenius Medical Care Windsor9.23 miles away1 Emerson Drive Windsor Connecticut 06095Dialysis Stations: 10 (860) 285-8612
- Davita Hartford Downtown Dialysis10.25 miles away80 Seymour Street Hartford Connecticut 06115Dialysis Stations: 42 (860) 244-2108
- Davita Hartford Dialysis10.32 miles away675 Tower Avenue Hartford Connecticut 06112CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (860) 242-0735
- Davita Pdi Rocky Hill12.24 miles away30 Waterchase Drive Rocky Hill Connecticut 06067Dialysis Stations: 24 (860) 563-6000
- Fmc of Western Hartford12.28 miles away725 Park Avenue, Bloomfield Connecticut 06002Dialysis Stations: 19 (860) 726-0099