Crest View Lutheran Home is a large non-profit facility in Minneapolis, Minnesota. With an overall rating of B-, this looks like a respectable nursing home. Even in a city offering 16 other nursing homes, this facility ought to be a perfectly acceptable option. This place was better in some categories than others, but it didn't have any weak links in any of the major categories discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Crest View Lutheran Home
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Minneapolis senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
On top of earning a great overall score, this nursing home really excelled in nursing, where it received an A-. Nursing ratings are based largely on nurse staffing levels. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The next highest area we awarded this facility in any category came in the area of long-term care, where we awarded it a grade of B-. Our long-term care grades are more critical for folks requiring more conventional assistance associated with activities of daily living. After we finished assessing the quantity of nursing care, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination records. We were optimistic to find that this facility vaccinates 98.295456 percent of its residents for pneumonia. This nursing home keeps its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Crest View Lutheran Home?
Short-term Care Quality
We also awarded this nursing home a middle of the pack grade in the category of short-term care, where we awarded it a grade of B-. In the category of short-term care, we endeavor to evaluate measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We assess a nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last item we assessed in this area is the number of patients that returned home from the facility. We found that just 4 percent of this facility's patients returned home. This figure was below average.
Moving on our final category, inspections proved to be this nursing home's weakest link. It received a C in this category. Inspection scores relate to a facility's inspection reports. We believe that one of the most critical factors in evaluating an inspection report is deficiencies. In this regard, we especially look at the severity of those deficiencies. This place was assessed 4 deficiencies on its government inspection report, but fortunately none were in any of the categories labeled G through L. This tells you this facility dodged the more ominous classes of deficiencies. Unfortunately, we also need to draw your attention to the fact that this facility received significant government fines in recent years.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Crest View Lutheran Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Crest View Lutheran Home, 11.3% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric indicates the percent of long-term stay patients who have pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Crest View Lutheran Home, 3.98% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term care patients that have suffered a fall resulting in major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be an indication of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Crest View Lutheran Home, 2.86% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often caused by facilities with worst hygiene practices. Additional nurse staffing can reduce the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. We want to point out that this statistic is affected by by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Crest View Lutheran Home, 25.73% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term stay patients receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Crest View Lutheran Home, 11.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Crest View Lutheran Home, 4.01% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who are exhibiting signs of depression. High rates of depression could be a sign a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Crest View Lutheran Home, 93.99% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Crest View Lutheran Home, 24.21% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Crest View Lutheran Home, 27.3% of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that maintained mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Crest View Lutheran Home, 27.3% of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Crest View Lutheran Home, 14.06% of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Crest View Lutheran Home, 70.45% of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term residents who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Minneapolis, MN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Minneapolis, Minnesota has 15 other nursing homes
- North Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 4.84 miles away3300 Oakdale North Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 520-5200
- Hennepin County Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 5.44 miles away701 Park Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55415Government - Local(612) 873-3629
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, FairviewAcute Care Hospitals 5.72 miles away2450 Riverside Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 273-3000
- Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MnChildrens 6.55 miles away2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 813-6112
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.84 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- Regions HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.37 miles away640 Jackson Street Saint Paul Minnesota 55101Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 254-1616
- United HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.65 miles away333 North Smith Avenue Saint Paul Minnesota 55102Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 241-8810
- Healtheast St John's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.93 miles away1575 Beam Avenue Saint Paul Minnesota 55109Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 232-7000
- East River Road Dialysis2.43 miles away5301 E River Rd Ne Suite 117 Minneapolis Minnesota 55421Dialysis Stations: 12 (763) 571-5556
- Fmc Dialysis - New Brighton2.74 miles away2910 Centre Pointe Dr Saint Paul Minnesota 55113Dialysis Stations: 13 (651) 633-1155
- Minneapolis Ne Dialysis of Davita4.08 miles away1049 10th Ave Se Minneapolis Minnesota 55414Dialysis Stations: 12 (612) 331-6088
- Arden Hills Dialysis of Davita4.15 miles away3900 Northwoods Dr Ste 110 Saint Paul Minnesota 55112Dialysis Stations: 12 (651) 483-3159
- Robbinsdale Dialysis of Davita4.84 miles away3461 W Broadway Ave Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Dialysis Stations: 16 (763) 521-4865
- Fmc - Robbinsdale Dialysis5.08 miles away4094 Lakeland Ave N Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Dialysis Stations: 24 (763) 533-3759
- Riverside Dialysis of Davita5.5 miles away1045 Westgate Drive Suite 90 Saint Paul Minnesota 55114Dialysis Stations: 20 (651) 645-1847
- Home Dialysis of Davita - Pd Unit5.54 miles away825 S 8th St Suite 1202, Pd Unit Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Dialysis Stations: 6 (612) 347-4458