Crest Manor Living and Rehabilitation Center is a facility located in Fairport, New York. This city has a population of 41,104 people. This nursing home received a concerning overall grade of D based on the data we looked at. Keep in mind that Fairport received a city grade of B, so should look at some other options in the city as well. If you aren't deterred by this place's profile, you can continue reading to find out about its category scores. We discuss inspections in the next section.
Crest Manor Living and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall grade was not a highlight, it actually excelled in the category of inspections. In fact, we awarded it an A for that area, which is one of our highest scores. Inspection ratings are based on items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are an important item to look for on these reports. Most importantly, you should avoid facilities with severe deficiencies associated with risks to resident well being. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Despite this deficiency, this was still a relatively favorable report.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's short-term care score appears to be one of its higher grades. The facility received a C in this category. In the area of short-term care, we seek to assess measures of a facility's rehabilitation services. We look at a facility's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Unfortunately, we found that this nursing home provided fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other facilities. The more important thing is determining what bearing this had on quality of care. Finally, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 4.6 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most facilities, closer to half of their residents are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Crest Manor Living and Rehabilitation Center?
Long-term Care Quality
We awarded this nursing home just a D for our long-term care rating. This is not an impressive grade. Facilities that receive this kind of score in this category may not provide the type of consistent around the clock care that some other nursing homes offer. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination records. Frankly, we were a bit concerned this facility vaccinated 90.308365 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is quite a bit lower than average. To our surprise, this nursing home was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility has less hospitalizations than most nursing homes. This was its best feature in this category.
Switching gears to our next category, we awarded this facility a D in our nursing category. This was the nursing home's least impressive category rating. There are a variety of subcategories within this category. Many of the factors relate to the quantity and quality of nurse staffing. This facility offered a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Crest Manor Living and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Crest Manor Living and Rehabilitation Center, 9.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can limit the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Crest Manor Living and Rehabilitation Center, 3.04% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents who suffered from a fall resulting in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Crest Manor Living and Rehabilitation Center, 2.08% of Patients had UTIs
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term patients who have sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be an indicator of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this metric may also be misleading for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Crest Manor Living and Rehabilitation Center, 11.61% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many patients, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Crest Manor Living and Rehabilitation Center, 13.28% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Crest Manor Living and Rehabilitation Center, 13.6% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents exhibiting symptoms of depression. Some would argue that this is a measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Crest Manor Living and Rehabilitation Center, 91.89% of Patients
This is the percent of residents that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Crest Manor Living and Rehabilitation Center, 14.66% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and using the bathroom. Many argue that this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Crest Manor Living and Rehabilitation Center, 18.82% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Crest Manor Living and Rehabilitation Center, 1.2 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is critical to the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Crest Manor Living and Rehabilitation Center, 18.82 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Crest Manor Living and Rehabilitation Center, 8.77 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Crest Manor Living and Rehabilitation Center, 74.71% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of independence with ADL's typically correlates with superior rehabilitation services.
Scores for Fairport, NY
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Fairport, New York has 3 other nursing homes
- Highland HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.55 miles away1000 South Avenue Rochester New York 14620Voluntary non-profit - Private(585) 341-6736
- Strong Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.93 miles away601 Elmwood Ave Rochester New York 14642Voluntary non-profit - Private(585) 275-2121
- Rochester General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.18 miles away1425 Portland Avenue Rochester New York 14621Voluntary non-profit - Private(585) 922-4000
- F F Thompson HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.42 miles away350 Parrish Street Canandaigua New York 14424Voluntary non-profit - Private(585) 396-6000
- Unity Hospital of RochesterAcute Care Hospitals 15.54 miles away1555 Long Pond Road Rochester New York 14626Voluntary non-profit - Private(585) 723-7000
- Clifton Springs Hospital and ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 16.79 miles away2 Coulter Road Clifton Springs New York 14432Voluntary non-profit - Private(315) 462-9561
- Newark-Wayne Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.98 miles away111 Driving Park Avenue Newark New York 14513Voluntary non-profit - Private(315) 332-2022
- Fms-Living Center0.29 miles away6687 Pittsford Palmyra Road, Ste 38 Dialysis Unit Fairport New York 14450Dialysis Stations: 24 (585) 421-9839
- Knickerbocker Dialysis, Inc.4.29 miles away445 West Commercial Street East Rochester New York 14445Dialysis Stations: 17 (585) 218-0517
- New York Dialysis Services, Inc.5.13 miles away120 Victor Heights Parkway Victor New York 14564CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (585) 742-1250
- Fms-Finger Lakes7.36 miles away6385 Victor Manchester Road Victor New York 14564Dialysis Stations: 12 (585) 742-1370
- Freedom Center of Rochester7.49 miles away100 Meridian Centre Rochester New York 14618Dialysis Stations: 1 (585) 241-9783
- Strong Health Dialysis-Clinton Crossings8.26 miles away2400 South Clinton Avenue Building F Rochester New York 14618CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (585) 461-0770
- Rochester General Hospital - Bay Creek Dialysis Center9.26 miles away2010 Empire Boulevard Webster New York 14580CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (585) 922-0580
- Fms-Monroe Community Dialysis9.31 miles away435 East Henrietta Road Hope Bldg Rochester New York 14620Dialysis Stations: 16 (585) 292-0076