With an address in Pleasanton, California, Creekview Health Center is the only option we were able to find in the area. We awarded this facility an A overall grade, ranking it in the top fifth of all facilities in the United States. Based on our analysis, you can not go wrong with this place. This facility also received strong ratings in each of our categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Creekview Health Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Pleasanton senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it received an A+ in our inspections category. This is simply as good as it gets in this area. Inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This nursing home received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This means that the inspectors did not consider any of these deficiencies to cause an immediate risk to resident safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Adding to its strong resume, this facility also received an excellent nursing score, with a grade of A-. Nursing ratings are largely associated with the facility's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Creekview Health Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also received a very strong long-term care score. In fact, this turned out to be this nursing home's third most impressive category grade. In that category, we awarded this facility a score of A-. Facilities that receive this type of score in this category typically provide consistent around the clock care to ensure patients are kept in good health. In addition to looking at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is much higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Short-term Care Quality
In the final category we analyzed, this nursing home was given a very strong grade of A- in our short-term care category. With this score, the nursing home wrapped up a straight A profile. In computing our short-term care grades, we scrutinize a facility's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other licensed professionals. This score is considered to be a useful measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents who eventually returned home from this facility. We found that 5.2 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Creekview Health Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Creekview Health Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term care patients which suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Creekview Health Center, 1.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a fall which caused serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Creekview Health Center, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term patients which have had urinary tract infections. UTI's may be an indicator of lower quality nursing care. However, this statistic could also be misleading for some facilities due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Creekview Health Center, 10.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Creekview Health Center, 13.84% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Creekview Health Center, 5.83% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Creekview Health Center, 95.65% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Creekview Health Center, 8.26% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom. Many in the industry believe this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Creekview Health Center, 10.41% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term patients that remained mobile levels.
In Creekview Health Center, 1.78 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is generally a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Creekview Health Center, 10.41 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Creekview Health Center, 11.34 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Creekview Health Center, 79.12% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Stanford Health Care - ValleycareAcute Care Hospitals 1.56 miles away5555 West Las Positas Boulevard Pleasanton California 94588Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 447-7000
- San Ramon Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.09 miles away6001 Norris Canyon Road San Ramon California 94583Proprietary(925) 275-9200
- Washington HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.84 miles away2000 Mowry Ave Fremont California 94538Government - Hospital District or Authority(510) 797-1111
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - FremontAcute Care Hospitals 12.07 miles away39400 Paseo Padre Pkwy Fremont California 94538Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 784-4000
- St Rose HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.59 miles away27200 Calaroga Ave Hayward California 94545Voluntary non-profit - Church(510) 782-6200
- San Leandro HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.84 miles away13855 E 14th Street San Leandro California 94578Government - Hospital District or Authority(510) 357-6500
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - San LeandroAcute Care Hospitals 17.29 miles away2500 Merced Street San Leandro California 94577Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 454-1000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Walnut CreekAcute Care Hospitals 17.73 miles away1425 S Main Street Walnut Creek California 94596Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 295-4000
- Livermore Dialysis Center1.66 miles away3201 Doolan Road Suite 175 Livermore California 94551CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (925) 245-9780
- Pleasanton Dialysis Center4.32 miles away5720 Stoneridge Mall Road #160 Pleasanton California 94588CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (925) 737-0120
- Davita Fremont Dialysis11.99 miles away2599 Stevenson Blvd Fremont California 94538CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 796-4385
- Union City Dialysis Center12.03 miles away32930 Alvarado-Niles Road #300 Union City California 94587CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 38 (510) 489-6996
- Wellbound of Menlo Park LLC12.04 miles away39510 Paseo Padre Pkwy, Suite 100 Fremont California 94538Dialysis Stations: 4 (510) 953-7800
- Fmc Fremont12.1 miles away39505 Paseo Padre Parkway Fremont California 94538CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 659-1240
- Hayward12.88 miles away1661 Industrial Parkway West Hayward California 94544CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 266-5743
- South Hayward Dialysis Center12.92 miles away254 Jackson Street Hayward California 94544CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 583-1255