With an address in Pleasanton, California, Creekview Skilled Nursing is one of only two available nursing homes in the city. With an A+ overall grade, we ranked this facility in the top five percent of all facilities in the United States. Based on our ratings, you can not go wrong with this place. This facility also received strong ratings in each of the major categories we assessed. More information about these categories can be found below.
Creekview Skilled Nursing
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Meal Delivery
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This nursing home was hit with 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This indicates that CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies to be an immediate threat to resident safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Among its many impressive grades, this facility received an excellent nursing grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A in that category. Nursing scores are mostly based on a nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as having a system of turning patients more frequently.
Does this page answer your questions about Creekview Skilled Nursing?
Long-term Care Quality
The third area we assessed was long-term care. Adding to its first-rate resume, this nursing home also performed well in this category. In fact, it received a grade of of A for that category. When facilities receive a score in this range in this category it generally means it's well-staffed and is an overall good place to live on a permanent basis. On top of assessing the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is very impressive. Pneumonia sadly is often a life or death illness for nursing home patients so we prefer when a facility does not take any chances. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Short-term Care Quality
In our last category, we gave this nursing home an A+ for its short-term care rating. This wrapped up a very favorable report card. Short-term care ratings are critical for people requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually requires additional skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes a wide scope of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final measure we considered in this category is the percentage of patients who returned home from the nursing home. We found that 6.1 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Creekview Skilled Nursing Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Creekview Skilled Nursing, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure measures the percentage of long-term stay patients that are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Creekview Skilled Nursing, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are often caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Creekview Skilled Nursing, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term care residents who suffered from UTI's. While more infections could reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it is problematic to compare between nursing homes due to nursing homes having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Creekview Skilled Nursing, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of long-term residents that are prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some nursing homes need to rely on these medications due to having more residents with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Creekview Skilled Nursing, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are given to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Creekview Skilled Nursing, 4.33% of Patients
This is the percent of patients exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Creekview Skilled Nursing, 95.72% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Creekview Skilled Nursing, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Creekview Skilled Nursing, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who remained mobile levels.
In Creekview Skilled Nursing, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is critical to the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Creekview Skilled Nursing, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Creekview Skilled Nursing, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Creekview Skilled Nursing, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with ADL's generally correlates with superior rehabilitation services.
- Stanford Health Care - ValleycareAcute Care Hospitals 1.56 miles away5555 West Las Positas Boulevard Pleasanton California 94588Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 447-7000
- San Ramon Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.09 miles away6001 Norris Canyon Road San Ramon California 94583Proprietary(925) 275-9200
- Washington HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.84 miles away2000 Mowry Ave Fremont California 94538Government - Hospital District or Authority(510) 797-1111
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - FremontAcute Care Hospitals 12.07 miles away39400 Paseo Padre Pkwy Fremont California 94538Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 784-4000
- St Rose HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.59 miles away27200 Calaroga Ave Hayward California 94545Voluntary non-profit - Church(510) 782-6200
- San Leandro HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.84 miles away13855 E 14th Street San Leandro California 94578Government - Hospital District or Authority(510) 357-6500
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - San LeandroAcute Care Hospitals 17.29 miles away2500 Merced Street San Leandro California 94577Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 454-1000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Walnut CreekAcute Care Hospitals 17.73 miles away1425 S Main Street Walnut Creek California 94596Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 295-4000
- Livermore Dialysis Center1.66 miles away3201 Doolan Road Suite 175 Livermore California 94551CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (925) 245-9780
- Pleasanton Dialysis Center4.32 miles away5720 Stoneridge Mall Road #160 Pleasanton California 94588CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (925) 737-0120
- Davita Fremont Dialysis11.99 miles away2599 Stevenson Blvd Fremont California 94538CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 796-4385
- Union City Dialysis Center12.03 miles away32930 Alvarado-Niles Road #300 Union City California 94587CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 38 (510) 489-6996
- Wellbound of Menlo Park LLC12.04 miles away39510 Paseo Padre Pkwy, Suite 100 Fremont California 94538Dialysis Stations: 4 (510) 953-7800
- Fmc Fremont12.1 miles away39505 Paseo Padre Parkway Fremont California 94538CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 659-1240
- Hayward12.88 miles away1661 Industrial Parkway West Hayward California 94544CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 266-5743
- South Hayward Dialysis Center12.92 miles away254 Jackson Street Hayward California 94544CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 583-1255