Creekside Rehabilitation and Nursing is a small nursing home located in Portland, Oregon. We gave it an overall grade of C, which is a middle of the road rating. We wanted to point out that Portland received a city grade of B+, so you may wish to consider some other options in the city as well. One of the major highlights of this nursing home's profile is its exemplary nursing score, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Creekside Rehabilitation and Nursing
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its decent overall grade, we gave this nursing home an A for our nursing rating. This score is far more impressive than the facility's overall score. Our nursing rating is mostly tied to a nursing home's nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, we also would like to draw your attention to the fact that this facility was given impressive short-term care marks this year. We gave them one of our higher grades in this area, with a grade of B+. This turned out to be the facility's second strongest grade. Our short-term care grade is commonly used to judge a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation. In order to have quality rehabilitation services, facilities generally must offer higher levels of highly skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other types of therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final datapoint we assessed in this category is the percentage of residents that eventually returned home from the facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Creekside Rehabilitation and Nursing?
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we assessed was long-term care, where this facility was awarded a C in this category. For residents looking for a permanent residence rather than skilled nursing, long-term care grades are an important measure. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination records. We were optimistic to find that this facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Lastly, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
In our final category of inspections, this nursing home received an F in this area. This grade was very detrimental to this facility's overall grade. We would advise paying special attention to any deficiencies on a nursing home's inspection reports when it receives this bad of an inspection score. We would pay close attention to the severity of those deficiencies. This facility was hit with a category G through L deficiency, which are among the more serious categories of deficiencies. This generally indicates that the deficiencies uncovered by the government inspectors had potential to cause actual harm to patients. Lastly, we need to draw your attention to the fact that this place received large government fines recently of over $50,000. This generally signifies that government inspectors grew tired after several years of bad health inspections.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Creekside Rehabilitation and Nursing Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Creekside Rehabilitation and Nursing, 8.23% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term residents who suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a reliable barometer of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Creekside Rehabilitation and Nursing, 2.36% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term patients that had a fall leading to major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Creekside Rehabilitation and Nursing, 2.4% of Patients had UTIs
This metric tells you the percent of long-term residents who have sustained UTI's. While a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it is difficult to compare different nursing homes due to varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Creekside Rehabilitation and Nursing, 15.56% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications are sometimes used for a variety of conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Creekside Rehabilitation and Nursing, 12.65% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antianxiety medications. These drugs are used to treat patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Creekside Rehabilitation and Nursing, 5.35% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Creekside Rehabilitation and Nursing, 92.77% of Patients
This is the percent of residents that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Creekside Rehabilitation and Nursing, 13.93% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Creekside Rehabilitation and Nursing, 23.47% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Creekside Rehabilitation and Nursing, 23.47 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Scores for Portland, OR
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Portland, Oregon has 32 other nursing homes
- Providence Portland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.67 miles away4805 Ne Glisan Street Portland Oregon 97213Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 215-1111
- Adventist Health PortlandAcute Care Hospitals 2.64 miles away10123 Se Market Street Portland Oregon 97216Voluntary non-profit - Church(503) 257-2500
- Legacy Emanuel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.29 miles away2801 N Gantenbein Avenue Portland Oregon 97227Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-2200
- Ohsu Hospital and ClinicsAcute Care Hospitals 3.78 miles away3181 Sw Sam Jackson Park Road Portland Oregon 97239Voluntary non-profit - Other(503) 494-6245
- Legacy Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.1 miles away1015 Nw 22nd Avenue, w121 Portland Oregon 97210Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-7711
- Kaiser Sunnyside Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.4 miles away10180 Se Sunnyside Road Clackamas Oregon 97015Voluntary non-profit - Other(503) 652-2880
- Providence St Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.56 miles away9205 Sw Barnes Road Portland Oregon 97225Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 216-2213
- Peacehealth Southwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.59 miles away400 Ne Mother Joseph Place Vancouver Washington 98668Voluntary non-profit - Private(360) 256-2000
- Oregon Kidney Center1.31 miles away3524 Ne Sandy Blvd Portland Oregon 97232CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (503) 236-7097
- Pnrs Hollywood Dialysis1.54 miles away2824 Ne Wasco St Suite #100 Portland Oregon 97232CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (503) 493-8227
- Foster Powell Dialysis2.25 miles away6828 Se Foster Rd Portland Oregon 97206Dialysis Stations: 17 (503) 777-5780
- Northeast Portland Renal Center2.56 miles away703 Ne Hancock St Portland Oregon 97212CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (503) 493-3322
- Portland Dialysis Center2.85 miles away10595 Se Stark St Portland Oregon 97216Dialysis Stations: 15 (503) 252-0019
- Portland Mlk Dialysis2.85 miles away2737 Ne Martin Luther King Jr Blvd Portland Oregon 97212Dialysis Stations: 20 (503) 282-1253
- Portland Home Dialysis Clinic3.42 miles away10802 Se Washington Street Portland Oregon 97216Dialysis Stations: 2 (503) 254-4426
- Portland Gateway Dialysis3.71 miles away9932 Ne Halsey St Portland Oregon 97220CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (503) 253-8170