Creekside Rehabilitation and Nursing is a small nursing home located in Portland, Oregon. We gave it an overall grade of C, which is a middle of the road rating. We wanted to point out that Portland received a city grade of B+, so you may wish to consider some other options in the city as well. One of the major highlights of this nursing home's profile is its exemplary nursing score, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
Creekside Rehabilitation and Nursing
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its decent overall grade, we gave this nursing home an A+ for our nursing rating. This score is far more impressive than the facility's overall score. Our nursing rating is mostly tied to a nursing home's nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also performed favorably in the area of short-term care, where we awarded it a grade of A-. Not many nursing homes fared better in this category. Short-term care grades are often employed to judge a facility's performance with rehabilitation. In order to offer highly scored rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must have better levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final measure we assessed in this area is the percentage of residents who ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Creekside Rehabilitation and Nursing?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's next best category came in the area of long-term care. In that area, we gave this nursing home a B-. For long-term care residents, the facility's primary objective is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Thankfully, this nursing home gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is a very respectable percentage. This place also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
In the final category of inspections, this facility did not fare well. Sadly, it received an F in this category. This dragged this nursing home's overall grade down as we heavily weight this category. For facilities with poor inspection grades, you should scrutinize any severe deficiencies found on their inspection reports. This nursing home was assessed a category G through L deficiency, which are among the more serious deficiencies. This generally indicates that the deficiencies uncovered by the government inspectors had potential to pose actual harm to residents. Lastly, we also want to point out that this place was assessed significant government fines in recent years of over $50,000. This often means that CMS inspectors became frustrated after multiple years of failed health inspections.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Creekside Rehabilitation and Nursing Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Creekside Rehabilitation and Nursing, 8.57% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Creekside Rehabilitation and Nursing, 2.43% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a fall which resulted in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Creekside Rehabilitation and Nursing, 2.24% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often linked to poor nursing care. However, this statistic may also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Creekside Rehabilitation and Nursing, 15.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This measures the percent of long-term care residents receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Creekside Rehabilitation and Nursing, 12.47% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Creekside Rehabilitation and Nursing, 5.65% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Creekside Rehabilitation and Nursing, 92.57% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Creekside Rehabilitation and Nursing, 13.82% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Creekside Rehabilitation and Nursing, 22.07% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents that maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Creekside Rehabilitation and Nursing, 22.07 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Portland, OR
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Portland, Oregon has 32 other nursing homes
- Providence Portland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.67 miles away4805 Ne Glisan Street Portland Oregon 97213Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 215-1111
- Adventist Health PortlandAcute Care Hospitals 2.64 miles away10123 Se Market Street Portland Oregon 97216Voluntary non-profit - Church(503) 257-2500
- Legacy Emanuel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.29 miles away2801 N Gantenbein Avenue Portland Oregon 97227Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-2200
- Ohsu Hospital and ClinicsAcute Care Hospitals 3.78 miles away3181 Sw Sam Jackson Park Road Portland Oregon 97239Voluntary non-profit - Other(503) 494-6245
- Legacy Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.1 miles away1015 Nw 22nd Avenue, w121 Portland Oregon 97210Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 413-7711
- Kaiser Sunnyside Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.4 miles away10180 Se Sunnyside Road Clackamas Oregon 97015Voluntary non-profit - Other(503) 652-2880
- Providence St Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.56 miles away9205 Sw Barnes Road Portland Oregon 97225Voluntary non-profit - Private(503) 216-2213
- Peacehealth Southwest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.59 miles away400 Ne Mother Joseph Place Vancouver Washington 98668Voluntary non-profit - Private(360) 256-2000
- Oregon Kidney Center1.31 miles away3524 Ne Sandy Blvd Portland Oregon 97232CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (503) 236-7097
- Pnrs Hollywood Dialysis1.54 miles away2824 Ne Wasco St Suite #100 Portland Oregon 97232CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (503) 493-8227
- Foster Powell Dialysis2.25 miles away6828 Se Foster Rd Portland Oregon 97206Dialysis Stations: 17 (503) 777-5780
- Northeast Portland Renal Center2.56 miles away703 Ne Hancock St Portland Oregon 97212CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (503) 493-3322
- Portland Dialysis Center2.85 miles away10595 Se Stark St Portland Oregon 97216Dialysis Stations: 15 (503) 252-0019
- Portland Mlk Dialysis2.85 miles away2737 Ne Martin Luther King Jr Blvd Portland Oregon 97212Dialysis Stations: 20 (503) 282-1253
- Portland Home Dialysis Clinic3.42 miles away10802 Se Washington Street Portland Oregon 97216Dialysis Stations: 2 (503) 254-4426
- Portland Gateway Dialysis3.71 miles away9932 Ne Halsey St Portland Oregon 97220CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (503) 253-8170