Creekside Healthcare Center is one of just three nursing homes in San Pablo, California. This facility was awarded an A- overall, which is one of the most impressive scores we offer. A score in this range requires first-rate marks across the board. As a matter of fact, this proved to be the highest graded nursing home in San Pablo. This facility was also given strong scores in each of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Creekside Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a great overall grade, this nursing home also received an excellent nursing grade, with an A-. The nursing grade includes quite a few subcategories, but the most important one is the number of nurse hours spent with patients. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was given a first-rate short-term care score. In fact, this ended up being this facility's second best category grade. In that category, this facility received a grade of A-. In our short-term care category, we try to forge a meaningful gauge for rehabilitation. In doing so, we look at the facility's offerings of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final datapoint we looked at in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that 5.4 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Creekside Healthcare Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility is also strong in the category of long-term care, where it was given a grade of B+. It outpaced most nursing homes in this category. Facilities that receive this kind of grade in long-term care typically provide consistent around the clock care to ensure residents are kept in good health. One of the datapoints we considered in addition to nursing hours was vaccines. This nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccination to 100 percent of its patients. Vaccination is a reliable method to avoid negative health outcomes for the elderly population. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Next we looked at inspections. This facility earned a very impressive grade in this category. In that category, we gave this nursing home a score of B+. Our inspection grades weigh a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher scores in this area usually have very few of these severe deficiencies. This nursing home was hit with 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be severe. This tells you that the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to be an imminent risk to resident safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Creekside Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Creekside Healthcare Center, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often caused by patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Creekside Healthcare Center, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents that have had a fall which caused severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Creekside Healthcare Center, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients which have experienced urinary tract infections. UTI's could be an indicator of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic can be misleading for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Creekside Healthcare Center, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many patients, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Creekside Healthcare Center, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Creekside Healthcare Center, 4.33% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Creekside Healthcare Center, 95.72% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Creekside Healthcare Center, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and eating. Some experts would argue this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Creekside Healthcare Center, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents that remained mobile levels. Many in the industry would argue that mobility is critical to residents' mental and physical well-being.
In Creekside Healthcare Center, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Creekside Healthcare Center, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Creekside Healthcare Center, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Creekside Healthcare Center, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts believe this is a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
- Alta Bates Summit Medical Center - Alta Bates CampAcute Care Hospitals 8.45 miles away2450 Ashby Avenue Berkeley California 94705Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 204-4444
- Children's Hospital & Research Center OaklandChildrens 9.33 miles away747 52nd Street Oakland California 94609Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 428-3000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Oakland/RichmondAcute Care Hospitals 10.43 miles away275 West Macarthur Boulevard Oakland California 94611Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 752-1000
- Alta Bates Summit Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.48 miles away350 Hawthorne Avenue Oakland California 94609Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 655-4000
- Marinhealth Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.53 miles away250 Bon Air Road, PO Box 8010 Greenbrae California 94904Government - Local(415) 925-7900
- Chinese HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.75 miles away845 Jackson St San Francisco California 94133Voluntary non-profit - Private(415) 982-2400
- Contra Costa Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.83 miles away2500 Alhambra Avenue Martinez California 94553Government - Local(925) 370-5000
- Kaiser Foundation HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.02 miles away99 Montecillo Rd San Rafael California 94903Voluntary non-profit - Private(415) 444-2000
- San Pablo Dialysis Center0.12 miles away14020 San Pablo Avenue San Pablo California 94806CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (510) 234-0835
- Davita Richmond Dialysis1.54 miles away4200 Macdonald Ave., Ste A Richmond California 94805CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 236-8861
- El Cerrito Dialysis Center3.13 miles away10690 San Pablo Avenue El Cerrito California 94530CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (510) 528-9590
- Davita El Sobrante3.51 miles away3380 San Pablo Dam Rd Ste. C-D El Sobrante California 94803CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (510) 262-9230
- Us Renal Care Berkeley7.81 miles away2895 7th Street Berkeley California 94710Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 843-0627
- Berkeley Dialysis Center7.93 miles away2655 Shattuck Ave Berkeley California 94704CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (510) 486-8706
- Wellbound of Emeryville8.67 miles away2000 Powell Street Suite 140 Emeryville California 94608Dialysis Stations: 4 (510) 985-9660
- Oakland Dialysis Center9.37 miles away5354 Claremont Avenue Oakland California 94618CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (510) 597-0104