Creekside Healthcare Center is one of just three nursing homes in San Pablo, California. This turns out to be an A rated facility. It was given one of the top grades that we offer. A score in this range requires top-notch scores across the board. In fact, this turned out to be the highest graded facility in San Pablo. We also gave this nursing home phenomenal grades in all of our categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Creekside Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
1900 Church Lane,
San Pablo CA 94806
88.12% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Best Nursing Home in San Pablo, California Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our nursing rating. The nursing grade consists of several datapoints, but the primary consideration is the level of nurse hours per patient per week. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
Adding to its strong resume, this nursing home also was awarded a dominant short-term care grade, with a score of A. In the area of short-term care, we strive to qualify measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of residents that eventually returned home from this facility. We found that 5.9 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Creekside Healthcare Center?
Racking up another strong category grade, this nursing home also excelled in inspections, where it received an A-. Inspection scores weigh a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher grades in this category typically have very few of these severe deficiencies. While this place had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
In the final category we scored, this facility was awarded a very favorable grade of A- in our long-term care category. With this grade, the nursing home finished off a straight A profile. When facilities receive a grade in this range in this category it generally means it has plenty of staff and is an overall good place to reside on a permanent basis. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is much higher than most nursing homes. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Creekside Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Creekside Healthcare Center, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure tells you the percent of long-term residents who developed new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Creekside Healthcare Center, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that have had falls which resulted in severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Creekside Healthcare Center, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term patients who had UTI's. Although more infections may reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it can be problematic to compare different facilities due to differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Creekside Healthcare Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. These drugs are sometimes used for treating several medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Creekside Healthcare Center, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. These medications are given to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Creekside Healthcare Center, 4.64% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Creekside Healthcare Center, 95.44% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Creekside Healthcare Center, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of deterioration of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Creekside Healthcare Center, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents that maintained mobility. Many argue that the ability to move around is critical to residents' physical and mental well-being.
In Creekside Healthcare Center, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is key to preserving the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Creekside Healthcare Center, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Creekside Healthcare Center, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Creekside Healthcare Center, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements.
- Alta Bates Summit Medical Center - Alta Bates CampAcute Care Hospitals 8.45 miles away2450 Ashby Avenue Berkeley California 94705Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 204-4444
- Children's Hospital & Research Center OaklandChildrens 9.33 miles away747 52nd Street Oakland California 94609Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 428-3000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Oakland/RichmondAcute Care Hospitals 10.43 miles away275 West Macarthur Boulevard Oakland California 94611Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 752-1000
- Alta Bates Summit Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.48 miles away350 Hawthorne Avenue Oakland California 94609Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 655-4000
- Marinhealth Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.53 miles away250 Bon Air Road, PO Box 8010 Greenbrae California 94904Government - Local(415) 925-7900
- Chinese HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.75 miles away845 Jackson St San Francisco California 94133Voluntary non-profit - Private(415) 982-2400
- Contra Costa Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.83 miles away2500 Alhambra Avenue Martinez California 94553Government - Local(925) 370-5000
- Kaiser Foundation HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.02 miles away99 Montecillo Rd San Rafael California 94903Voluntary non-profit - Private(415) 444-2000
- San Pablo Dialysis Center0.12 miles away14020 San Pablo Avenue San Pablo California 94806CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (510) 234-0835
- Davita Richmond Dialysis1.54 miles away4200 Macdonald Ave., Ste A Richmond California 94805CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 236-8861
- El Cerrito Dialysis Center3.13 miles away10690 San Pablo Avenue El Cerrito California 94530CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (510) 528-9590
- Davita El Sobrante3.51 miles away3380 San Pablo Dam Rd Ste. C-D El Sobrante California 94803CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (510) 262-9230
- Us Renal Care Berkeley7.81 miles away2895 7th Street Berkeley California 94710Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 843-0627
- Berkeley Dialysis Center7.93 miles away2655 Shattuck Ave Berkeley California 94704CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (510) 486-8706
- Wellbound of Emeryville8.67 miles away2000 Powell Street Suite 140 Emeryville California 94608Dialysis Stations: 4 (510) 985-9660
- Oakland Dialysis Center9.37 miles away5354 Claremont Avenue Oakland California 94618CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (510) 597-0104