Creekside Healthcare Center is one of just three nursing homes in San Pablo, California. We awarded this nursing home an overall grade of D. A score of this caliber typically suggests a few concerning datapoints. In our view, we'd be very reluctant to recommend this nursing home. The only positive thing we can really say about this place is that it did not receive any F's in any of the categories we assessed. Additional information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Creekside Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Note: Creekside Healthcare Center has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
Get pricing and details on San Pablo senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in San Pablo, California Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Although we gave this facility a poor overall grade, we actually awarded it a fairly respectable grade in the category of inspections, where we gave it a grade of B-. This was certainly better than its other categories. Inspection grades are based on many items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key thing to look for on these reports. Severe deficiencies indicate a risk to patient safety. Fortunately, although this nursing home had some minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility was cited by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. We would not recommend this facility under any circumstance.
We also awarded this facility a grade of B- for our nursing rating. Nursing scores are largely tied to the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home surprisingly fared better in some of the quality-based metrics we assessed. It performed well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these areas to be measures of the quality of nursing care. In some cases, the quality of nursing care is as important as the quantity of hours of care provided.
Does this page answer your questions about Creekside Healthcare Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility was given its next most favorable category grade in the category of short-term care. We gave this facility a grade of B- in this area, which is an acceptable grade. Our short-term care scores are based on the nursing home's quantity of skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This means a wide scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Unfortunately, we found that this facility provided fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other facilities. The tricky part is determining what bearing this had on the quality of care. Lastly, we considered the percentage of patients who were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 5.9 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was well below the national average.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we looked at is long-term care. We awarded this facility a grade of B- in that category. With our long-term care rating, we focus on the sheer volume of care provided by a facility, as well as a handful of quality metrics. In addition to assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 99.62406 percent of its residents. Finally, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Creekside Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Creekside Healthcare Center, 7.43% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Creekside Healthcare Center, 1.5% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric tells you the percent of long-term patients which had falls which caused major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be an indicator of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Creekside Healthcare Center, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Creekside Healthcare Center, 5.53% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs may be used for a variety of medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Creekside Healthcare Center, 5.06% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically used to treat patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Creekside Healthcare Center, 10.08% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents showing depressive symptoms. Some argue that this is a measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Creekside Healthcare Center, 99.81% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Creekside Healthcare Center, 9.21% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and eating. Many argue that this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Creekside Healthcare Center, 22.24% of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents who maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Creekside Healthcare Center, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care. There is a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Creekside Healthcare Center, 22.24% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Creekside Healthcare Center, 12.22% of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to measure patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Creekside Healthcare Center, 69.52% of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements.
- Alta Bates Summit Medical Center - Alta Bates CampAcute Care Hospitals 8.45 miles away2450 Ashby Avenue Berkeley California 94705Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 204-4444
- Children's Hospital & Research Center OaklandChildrens 9.33 miles away747 52nd Street Oakland California 94609Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 428-3000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Oakland/RichmondAcute Care Hospitals 10.43 miles away275 West Macarthur Boulevard Oakland California 94611Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 752-1000
- Alta Bates Summit Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.48 miles away350 Hawthorne Avenue Oakland California 94609Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 655-4000
- Marinhealth Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.53 miles away250 Bon Air Road, PO Box 8010 Greenbrae California 94904Government - Local(415) 925-7900
- Chinese HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.75 miles away845 Jackson St San Francisco California 94133Voluntary non-profit - Private(415) 982-2400
- Contra Costa Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.83 miles away2500 Alhambra Avenue Martinez California 94553Government - Local(925) 370-5000
- Kaiser Foundation HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.02 miles away99 Montecillo Rd San Rafael California 94903Voluntary non-profit - Private(415) 444-2000
- San Pablo Dialysis Center0.12 miles away14020 San Pablo Avenue San Pablo California 94806CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (510) 234-0835
- Davita Richmond Dialysis1.54 miles away4200 Macdonald Ave., Ste A Richmond California 94805CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 236-8861
- El Cerrito Dialysis Center3.13 miles away10690 San Pablo Avenue El Cerrito California 94530CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (510) 528-9590
- Davita El Sobrante3.51 miles away3380 San Pablo Dam Rd Ste. C-D El Sobrante California 94803CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (510) 262-9230
- Us Renal Care Berkeley7.81 miles away2895 7th Street Berkeley California 94710Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 843-0627
- Berkeley Dialysis Center7.93 miles away2655 Shattuck Ave Berkeley California 94704CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (510) 486-8706
- Wellbound of Emeryville8.67 miles away2000 Powell Street Suite 140 Emeryville California 94608Dialysis Stations: 4 (510) 985-9660
- Oakland Dialysis Center9.37 miles away5354 Claremont Avenue Oakland California 94618CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (510) 597-0104