Crawford Manor Healthcare Center is a small facility located in Cleveland, Ohio. We gave it an overall grade of B-, which is a middle of the road rating. You can certainly do worse than this place. We were also pleased to find that this facility received consistently decent grades in all of the major categories. More information about its category grades is available below.
Crawford Manor Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
1802 Crawford Rd,
Cleveland OH 44106
65.79% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home's nursing grade was more impressive than its overall grade. With a strong performance in this area, it received a quality score in that category with a B+. There are a number of datapoints within this grade. Most of the subcategories reflect the quantity of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place Ohio in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by having a policy of moving patients even once per day.
In addition, this facility also excelled in the area of inspections, where it received a grade of B+. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Inspection scores account for a host of factors included in a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with better grades in this category tend to have few severe deficiencies. While this facility had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. A few minor dings aren't something to panic about.
Does this page answer your questions about Crawford Manor Healthcare Center?
Short-term Care Quality
We also awarded this nursing home a middle of the road grade in the category of short-term care, with a grade of B-. Short-term care grades are generally used to judge a nursing home's rehabilitation services To offer highly graded rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must provide higher levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most nursing homes, closer to half of their residents are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we rated is long-term care. We gave it a grade of B- in that area. This is basically a middle of the road grade in this area. If you are looking for anything other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at long-term care ratings. After we finished assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses, we then looked at the facility's vaccination data. We were optimistic to find that this nursing home vaccinated 99.16667 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Lastly, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Crawford Manor Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Crawford Manor Healthcare Center, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of long-term residents who suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Crawford Manor Healthcare Center, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that have had a fall resulting in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Crawford Manor Healthcare Center, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term stay patients which had a UTI. Although more infections may reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it can be difficult to compare different facilities due to nursing homes having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Crawford Manor Healthcare Center, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. These drugs are sometimes used for several conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Crawford Manor Healthcare Center, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are commonly given to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Crawford Manor Healthcare Center, 20.26% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients showing symptoms of depression. Some experts believe that this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Crawford Manor Healthcare Center, 90.12% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Crawford Manor Healthcare Center, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and continence. Many in the industry argue this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Crawford Manor Healthcare Center, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Crawford Manor Healthcare Center, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Crawford Manor Healthcare Center, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with ADL's typically correlates with superior rehabilitation services.
Scores for Cleveland, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Cleveland, Ohio has 47 other nursing homes
- Cleveland ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 0.47 miles away9500 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44195Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 445-8400
- Uh Cleveland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.1 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 844-1000
- Rainbow Babies and Childrens HospitalChildrens 1.1 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 844-1000
- St Vincent Charity Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.5 miles away2351 East 22nd Street Cleveland Ohio 44115Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 861-6200
- Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.24 miles away1730 West 25th Street Cleveland Ohio 44113Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 696-4300
- Metrohealth SystemAcute Care Hospitals 4.79 miles away2500 Metrohealth Drive Cleveland Ohio 44109Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 778-7089
- Marymount HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.12 miles away12300 Mccracken Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 581-0500
- University Hospitals Ahuja Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.7 miles away3999 Richmond Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 593-5510
- University Hospitals of Cleveland - Dialysis0.42 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue, Suite 2100 Cleveland Ohio 44106Dialysis Stations: 20 (216) 844-1585
- Comunity Dialysis Center0.85 miles away1370 Addison Road Cleveland Ohio 44103CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (216) 431-0668
- Community Dialysis Center0.9 miles away11717 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 80 (216) 229-1100
- Fmc - Ohio Renal Care Group Home Dialysis Program1.74 miles away2429 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive 2nd Floor Cleveland Ohio 44120Dialysis Stations: 5 (216) 421-1013
- Fmc - Cleveland Clinic East1.74 miles away2429 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. Cleveland Ohio 44104CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 56 (216) 368-0004
- Cleveland Clinic Childrens Hosp for Rehabilitation2.02 miles away2801 Martin Luther King Jr Dr Cleveland Ohio 44104Dialysis Stations: 8 (216) 444-6123
- Davita - St Vincent Quadrangle Dialysis2.46 miles away2302 Community College Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44115Dialysis Stations: 13 (216) 574-4805
- Davita - Shaker Square Dialysis2.48 miles away12800 Shaker Blvd, Ste. 1 Cleveland Ohio 44120CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (216) 491-4867