Crawford Manor Healthcare Center is a small facility located in Cleveland, Ohio. We gave it an overall grade of C, which is a middle of the road rating. This grade was right in line with the city grade in Cleveland, which is admittedly a bit below average nationally. We were also pleased to find that this facility received consistently decent grades in all of the major categories. More information about its category grades is available below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Crawford Manor Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Cleveland senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
We would like to point out that this nursing home's inspection grade exceeded its overall score. This facility earned a grade of B in this category, which is one of our better grades. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating our inspection scores. One of those factors is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more important than the number of deficiencies, as some can be relatively minor. While this place had some minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G through L. This means that the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple of minor deficiencies shouldn't lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
One of the other reasons we graded this facility so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing rating. In that category, we awarded this facility an B-. Our nursing grade includes a variety of subcategories. The most heavily weighted factor is the number of hours nurses spend with patients. This nursing home averages 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient per day, which is not an impressive total. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics. Although this nursing home got dinged a bit for nursing hours per resident, it actually excelled in some of these quality metrics. With fewer than five percent of its patients sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed remarkably well in this area. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a system of moving patients at least once a day.
Does this page answer your questions about Crawford Manor Healthcare Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility was awarded its third best category grade in the category of short-term care. We awarded this nursing home a grade of C in this category, which is a respectable grade. In our short-term care category, we strive to create a valuable barometer for rehabilitation services. In this process, we analyze the facility's offerings of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Unfortunately, this facility was below average in terms of its level of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its residents based on the measures we assessed. The critical question is whether this adversely affected quality of care. The final metric we looked at in this area is the number of patients who eventually returned home from the facility. We found that just 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
Our next category is long-term care, in which we awarded this nursing home a C in this category. In the category of long-term care, we analyze the amount of services offered by a facility, rather than more healthcare-oriented services. After assessing the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination statistics. Frankly, we were a bit worried that this facility vaccinated 87.30159 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which happens to be several points lower than what we were hoping for. On a more positive note, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Crawford Manor Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Crawford Manor Healthcare Center, 0% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who have new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are an measure of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Crawford Manor Healthcare Center, 1.59% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who suffered falls which caused severe injury. We use this statistic in computing nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Crawford Manor Healthcare Center, 0.8% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be a measure of nursing care . UTI's are routinely linked to worse hygiene protocols. However, this datapoint could be skewed for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Crawford Manor Healthcare Center, 8.82% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. These drugs may be used to treat several conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Crawford Manor Healthcare Center, 5.08% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure tells you the percent of long-term stay patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Crawford Manor Healthcare Center, 1.37% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Crawford Manor Healthcare Center, 93.65% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Crawford Manor Healthcare Center, 15.65% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and bathing. Many believe this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Crawford Manor Healthcare Center, 1.57% of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents that retained mobility levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Crawford Manor Healthcare Center, 1.57% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Crawford Manor Healthcare Center, 55.44% of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Cleveland, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Cleveland, Ohio has 44 other nursing homes
- Cleveland ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 0.47 miles away9500 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44195Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 445-8400
- Uh Cleveland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.1 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 844-1000
- Rainbow Babies and Childrens HospitalChildrens 1.1 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 844-1000
- St Vincent Charity Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.5 miles away2351 East 22nd Street Cleveland Ohio 44115Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 861-6200
- Lutheran HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.24 miles away1730 West 25th Street Cleveland Ohio 44113Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 696-4300
- Metrohealth SystemAcute Care Hospitals 4.79 miles away2500 Metrohealth Drive Cleveland Ohio 44109Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 778-7089
- Marymount HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.12 miles away12300 Mccracken Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 581-0500
- University Hospitals Ahuja Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.7 miles away3999 Richmond Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 593-5510
- University Hospitals of Cleveland - Dialysis0.42 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue, Suite 2100 Cleveland Ohio 44106Dialysis Stations: 20 (216) 844-1585
- Comunity Dialysis Center0.85 miles away1370 Addison Road Cleveland Ohio 44103CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (216) 431-0668
- Community Dialysis Center0.9 miles away11717 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 80 (216) 229-1100
- Fmc - Ohio Renal Care Group Home Dialysis Program1.74 miles away2429 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive 2nd Floor Cleveland Ohio 44120Dialysis Stations: 5 (216) 421-1013
- Fmc - Cleveland Clinic East1.74 miles away2429 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. Cleveland Ohio 44104CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 56 (216) 368-0004
- Cleveland Clinic Childrens Hosp for Rehabilitation2.02 miles away2801 Martin Luther King Jr Dr Cleveland Ohio 44104Dialysis Stations: 8 (216) 444-6123
- Davita - St Vincent Quadrangle Dialysis2.46 miles away2302 Community College Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44115Dialysis Stations: 13 (216) 574-4805
- Davita - Shaker Square Dialysis2.48 miles away12800 Shaker Blvd, Ste. 1 Cleveland Ohio 44120CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (216) 491-4867