Cranford Park Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center is in Cranford, New Jersey, a city with a population of 22,625 people. This facility was awarded a somewhat concerning overall grade of D, which is a lower end rating. If you are not satisfied with this facility's pedestrian overall grade, you may have to look in other cities as this is the only nursing home in Cranford. More information on this nursing home's category grades may be found below. Its best category was long-term care, which is addressed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Cranford Park Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Cranford senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
Although we were not high on this facility overall, we gave it a B for our long-term care rating. This score is far more impressive than the nursing home's overall grade. Without this category, its profile would have been in serious trouble. Long-term care grades in this range generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. After considering the amount of nursing care, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is very impressive. Pneumonia is often a life or death condition for nursing home residents so we strongly prefer when a facility doesn't roll the dice on this issue. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
We also awarded this facility a grade of B- for our nursing rating. Our nursing rating is based on several components, however, the main consideration is the number of nurse hours per patient per week. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home surprisingly excelled in some of the quality-based metrics we assessed. In fact, it performed well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Does this page answer your questions about Cranford Park Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center?
This facility received slightly below average government inspections in recent years. We awarded them a C in this area. Inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Unfortunately, we also need to draw your attention to the fact that this facility received significant government fines in recent years.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we graded was short-term care. This facility was given a poor grade of F in this area. Short-term care grades are meaningful for prospective residents looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically requires additional highly-skilled nursing services. This includes a wide spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. With a score this poor for this area, we were not stunned to discover this place was well below average in two of the key staffing figures we focus on. The facility offered far fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than most other nursing homes. The final item we considered in this category is the number of residents who were able to return home from the facility. This facility struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 4.3 percent of its patients returning home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cranford Park Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cranford Park Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center, 6.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to remaining in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cranford Park Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a fall resulting in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cranford Park Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center, 1.84% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely associated with facilities with lower levels of hygiene. Better hygiene protocols reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Keep in mind that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cranford Park Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center, 14.13% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents in scenarios where such medications are not medically required. However, some nursing homes need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of patients suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cranford Park Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center, 7.14% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients given antianxiety drugs. These medications are commonly given to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cranford Park Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center, 0% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cranford Park Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center, 100% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cranford Park Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center, 2.72% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cranford Park Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center, 4.84% of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cranford Park Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center, 4.84% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Cranford Park Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center, 4.39% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cranford Park Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center, 87.72% of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living typically correlates with successful rehabilitation.
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at RahwayAcute Care Hospitals 2.83 miles away865 Stone St Rahway New Jersey 07065Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 381-4200
- Trinitas Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.44 miles away225 Williamson Street Elizabeth New Jersey 07207Voluntary non-profit - Private(908) 994-5000
- Overlook Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.01 miles away99 Beauvoir Avenue Summit New Jersey 07902Voluntary non-profit - Other(908) 522-2000
- Newark Beth Israel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.04 miles away201 Lyons Ave Newark New Jersey 07112Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 926-7850
- Jfk Medical Ctr - Anthony M. Yelencsics CommunityAcute Care Hospitals 7.15 miles away65 James Street Edison New Jersey 08818Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 321-7000
- Saint Barnabas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.79 miles away94 Old Short Hills Road Livingston New Jersey 07039Voluntary non-profit - Other(973) 322-5000
- University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.39 miles away150 Bergen St Newark New Jersey 07101Government - State(973) 972-5658
- East Orange General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.43 miles away300 Central Ave East Orange New Jersey 07018Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 266-4401
- Trinitas Cranford Dialysis1.07 miles away205 Birchwood Ave Cranford New Jersey 07016Dialysis Stations: 9 (908) 402-2000
- Fmc Kenilworth1.99 miles away131 South 31st Street Kenilworth New Jersey 07033CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (908) 241-0453
- Fmc Linden Dialysis2.1 miles away630 West St. Georges Ave Linden New Jersey 07036CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (908) 925-5161
- Davita Rahway2.56 miles away800 Harrison Street Rahway New Jersey 07065Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 680-0370
- Trinitas Sat Linden2.89 miles away10 North Wood Ave Suite G Linden New Jersey 07036Dialysis Stations: 15 (908) 862-7400
- Dva Summit Dialysis Ctr3.02 miles away1139 Spruce Drive Mountainside New Jersey 07092CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (908) 232-7800
- Fmc Hillside Dialysis Ctr3.18 miles away879 Rahway Avenue Ruth Kliman Dialysis Center Union New Jersey 07083Dialysis Stations: 32 (908) 964-5606
- Davita Millburn Dialysis4.5 miles away25 East Willow Street Ste 2 Millburn New Jersey 07041CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (973) 379-7309