With an address in Monroe Township, New Jersey, Cranbury Center is one of just a few facilities in the area. We gave it an overall grade of B-, which is a middle of the pack score. At the end of the day, this facility is a good fit for most people. One of the best aspects of this nursing home's report card is its stellar inspection reports, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a respectable nursing home overall, this facility really excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned an A+. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing these inspection grades. One of those factors is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these can be quite insignificant. This place received 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This indicates that the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies to be an imminent risk to patient health or safety. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
Another one of this nursing home's better category scores was in the category of short-term care. In that area, we gave this nursing home a B+. It actually performed better than most nursing homes in this area. In computing our short-term care grades, we look at a nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other licensed professionals. This area is typically a fair assessment of the nursing home's rehabilitation services. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5.7 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Cranbury Center?
This nursing home's next best category was nursing. We awarded it a grade of B- in this category. This is basically a middle of the road grade in this category. When computing our nursing ratings, we assess both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the training levels of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This is a lower figure than we were hoping for. Lastly, despite not having the highest total nursing hours, this nursing home actually performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is usually an indicator that a place has quality controls in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we graded is long-term care, which was this facility's weakest category. Unfortunately, we gave it an F for this category, which is clearly a major concern. For residents looking for a permanent place to live rather than skilled nursing, long-term care grades are a key measure. After assessing the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is more than the majority of nursing homes. To our surprise, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility had fewer hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cranbury Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cranbury Center, 9.57% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cranbury Center, 2.57% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are routinely associated with lower quality nursing care. More supervision can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cranbury Center, 1.73% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often linked to lower quality nursing care. Better hygiene protocols reduces the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Note that this metric is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cranbury Center, 10.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are used for a variety of conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cranbury Center, 17.5% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally used to treat residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cranbury Center, 5.81% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cranbury Center, 92% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cranbury Center, 10.99% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cranbury Center, 14.79% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In Cranbury Center, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cranbury Center, 14.79 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Cranbury Center, 8.17 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cranbury Center, 80.57% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with ADL's usually correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
- Centrastate Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.81 miles away901 West Main Street Freehold New Jersey 07728Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 431-2000
- Saint Peter's University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.34 miles away254 Easton Ave New Brunswick New Jersey 08901Voluntary non-profit - Church(732) 745-8600
- Capital Health System-Fuld CampusAcute Care Hospitals 15.64 miles away750 Brunswick Ave Trenton New Jersey 08638Voluntary non-profit - Private(609) 394-6000
- St Francis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.67 miles away601 Hamilton Ave Trenton New Jersey 08629Voluntary non-profit - Church(609) 599-5000
- Bayshore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.06 miles away727 N Beers St Holmdel New Jersey 07733Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 739-5900
- Raritan Bay Medical Center Perth Amboy DivisionAcute Care Hospitals 17.74 miles away530 New Brunswick Ave Perth Amboy New Jersey 08861Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 442-3700
- Jfk Medical Ctr - Anthony M. Yelencsics CommunityAcute Care Hospitals 18.5 miles away65 James Street Edison New Jersey 08818Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 321-7000
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital SomersetAcute Care Hospitals 18.98 miles away110 Rehill Ave Somerville New Jersey 08876Voluntary non-profit - Private(908) 685-2200
- Monroe Township Dialysis0.19 miles away298 Applegarth Rd Monroe Township New Jersey 08831Dialysis Stations: 10 (609) 409-4259
- Dci Monroe0.23 miles away2 Research Way Monroe Township New Jersey 08831Dialysis Stations: 12 (609) 356-7200
- Davita Renal Ctr Monroe1.1 miles away300 Overlook Drive Bldg C Monroe Township New Jersey 08831Dialysis Stations: 18 (609) 642-8124
- Davita East Brunswick7.19 miles away629 Cranbury Rd East Brunswick New Jersey 08816CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 238-1909
- Davita Freehold Dialysis7.48 miles away300 Craig Road Century Office Park Englishtown New Jersey 07726CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 303-1589
- Davita Princeton Junction Dialysis7.64 miles away88 Princeton Hightstown Road Suite 102 Princeton Junction New Jersey 08550Dialysis Stations: 13 (609) 799-0084
- Davita Plainsboro7.98 miles away100 Plainsboro Road Suite 1a Plainsboro New Jersey 08536Dialysis Stations: 9 (609) 275-5550
- Fmc Princeton8.68 miles away707 Alexander Road Building 3; Suite 301 Princeton New Jersey 08540Dialysis Stations: 15 (609) 520-8995