With an address in Monroe Township, New Jersey, Cranbury Center is one of just a few facilities in the area. This is a good facility. We awarded it an overall grade of B, which is a very solid grade. Based on our assessment, this nursing home looks like a good fit for most people. The best aspect of this nursing home's strong profile is its inspection score. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
292 Applegarth Road,
Monroe Township NJ 08831
67.27% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a great overall rating, this facility performed even better in the area of inspections which is based on the nursing home's recent inspections. We awarded it an A+ for this category, which is one of our highest grades. Inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Although this facility had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor made us feel better about this inspection report.
This nursing home also received a strong nursing score. In fact, we awarded it an above average grade of B+ in this area. Our nursing rating is mostly based on the facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Cranbury Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to an additional strength for this nursing home, we awarded them one of our stronger scores in our short-term care category as well, with a grade of B. Our short-term care grades are thought to be more meaningful for people requiring a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally mandates more skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes not just nursing, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final datapoint we considered in this area is the percentage of residents that were able to return home from the facility. We found that 4.8 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's least impressive area was long-term care, which is the last category we scored. Sadly, it received a lowly F in this area. Even with multiple impressive grades in other areas, this score is still somewhat concerning so we wanted to make a note of it. In a long-term care setting, the nursing home's primary goal is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. After considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination records. We were optimistic to find that this nursing home vaccinated 99.681526 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Surprisingly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home had fewer hospitalizations than most nursing homes. Sadly, some of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cranbury Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cranbury Center, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cranbury Center, 2.53% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are routinely associated with lower quality nursing care. More supervision can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cranbury Center, 1.65% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often linked to lower quality nursing care. Better hygiene protocols reduces the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Note that this metric is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cranbury Center, 10.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are used for a variety of conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cranbury Center, 17.42% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally used to treat residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cranbury Center, 5.95% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cranbury Center, 91.97% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cranbury Center, 10.68% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cranbury Center, 12.9% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In Cranbury Center, 1.68 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cranbury Center, 12.9 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Cranbury Center, 8.37 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cranbury Center, 80.92% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with ADL's usually correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
- Centrastate Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.81 miles away901 West Main Street Freehold New Jersey 07728Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 431-2000
- Saint Peter's University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.34 miles away254 Easton Ave New Brunswick New Jersey 08901Voluntary non-profit - Church(732) 745-8600
- Capital Health System-Fuld CampusAcute Care Hospitals 15.64 miles away750 Brunswick Ave Trenton New Jersey 08638Voluntary non-profit - Private(609) 394-6000
- St Francis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.67 miles away601 Hamilton Ave Trenton New Jersey 08629Voluntary non-profit - Church(609) 599-5000
- Bayshore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.06 miles away727 N Beers St Holmdel New Jersey 07733Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 739-5900
- Raritan Bay Medical Center Perth Amboy DivisionAcute Care Hospitals 17.74 miles away530 New Brunswick Ave Perth Amboy New Jersey 08861Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 442-3700
- Jfk Medical Ctr - Anthony M. Yelencsics CommunityAcute Care Hospitals 18.5 miles away65 James Street Edison New Jersey 08818Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 321-7000
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital SomersetAcute Care Hospitals 18.98 miles away110 Rehill Ave Somerville New Jersey 08876Voluntary non-profit - Private(908) 685-2200
- Monroe Township Dialysis0.19 miles away298 Applegarth Rd Monroe Township New Jersey 08831Dialysis Stations: 10 (609) 409-4259
- Dci Monroe0.23 miles away2 Research Way Monroe Township New Jersey 08831Dialysis Stations: 12 (609) 356-7200
- Davita Renal Ctr Monroe1.1 miles away300 Overlook Drive Bldg C Monroe Township New Jersey 08831Dialysis Stations: 18 (609) 642-8124
- Davita East Brunswick7.19 miles away629 Cranbury Rd East Brunswick New Jersey 08816CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 238-1909
- Davita Freehold Dialysis7.48 miles away300 Craig Road Century Office Park Englishtown New Jersey 07726CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 303-1589
- Davita Princeton Junction Dialysis7.64 miles away88 Princeton Hightstown Road Suite 102 Princeton Junction New Jersey 08550Dialysis Stations: 13 (609) 799-0084
- Davita Plainsboro7.98 miles away100 Plainsboro Road Suite 1a Plainsboro New Jersey 08536Dialysis Stations: 9 (609) 275-5550
- Fmc Princeton8.68 miles away707 Alexander Road Building 3; Suite 301 Princeton New Jersey 08540Dialysis Stations: 15 (609) 520-8995