Cranberry Place is in Cranberry Twp, Pennsylvania, a city with a total of 28,060 people. This nursing home was awarded an overall grade of B, which is a good rating. This place definitely has plenty going for it. This nursing home was stronger in some categories than others, but it did not have any bad scores in any of our four major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
On top of performing well in its overall grade, this facility performed at an even higher level in the area of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A+. Perhaps the most critical factor we consider in computing our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities with higher scores in this category typically avoided the more severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. Although this facility had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Another quality feature for this facility is that it was awarded a very positive long-term care score. In fact, this wound up being its second best category score. In this area, we awarded this facility a B. For long-term care residents, the primary goal is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. One of the statistics we considered after nurse's aid hours is vaccines. This facility provided the pneumonia vaccination to 89.4958 percent of its residents. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Cranberry Place?
This nursing home's next best category was nursing. We awarded it a grade of B- in this category. While this wasn't quite as good as some of its other category grades, this isn't a bad score either. In calculating our nursing ratings, we analyze both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the training levels of those nurses. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Lastly, although this facility got dinged a bit for its nursing hours, it actually excelled in a few of our quality measures. With less than five percent of its patients sustaining pressure ulcers, it did very well in this area.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we graded was short-term care. This nursing home received a B- for this area. Short-term care grades are important for people requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically mandates additional highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes a broad spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final datapoint we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that just 4.5 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cranberry Place Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cranberry Place, 7.72% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients which developed pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cranberry Place, 3.42% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients that have had a fall leading to severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cranberry Place, 1.92% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cranberry Place, 15.49% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of long-term patients receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cranberry Place, 19.89% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term residents who were given antianxiety medication. These medications are commonly prescribed to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cranberry Place, 3.23% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who are showing depressive symptoms. Increased levels of depression may be a sign a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cranberry Place, 88.5% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cranberry Place, 15.28% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cranberry Place, 23.65% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In Cranberry Place, 1.24 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cranberry Place, 23.65 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Cranberry Place, 8.84 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cranberry Place, 72.22% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some believe that this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
- Upmc PassavantAcute Care Hospitals 8.98 miles away9100 Babcock Boulevard Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15237Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 367-6700
- Heritage Valley SewickleyAcute Care Hospitals 10.58 miles away720 Blackburn Road Sewickley Pennsylvania 15143Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 741-7000
- Heritage Valley BeaverAcute Care Hospitals 11.89 miles away1000 Dutch Ridge Road Beaver Pennsylvania 15009Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 728-7000
- Ohio Valley General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.61 miles away25 Heckel Road Mc Kees Rocks Pennsylvania 15136Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 777-6161
- Ellwood City Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.79 miles away724 Pershing Street Ellwood City Pennsylvania 16117Proprietary(724) 752-0081
- Allegheny General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.45 miles away320 East North Avenue Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15212Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 359-3131
- Upmc St MargaretAcute Care Hospitals 17.09 miles away815 Freeport Road Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15215Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 784-4000
- West Penn HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.15 miles away4800 Friendship Avenue Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15224Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 578-5000
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Cranberry0.02 miles away5 Saint Francis Way Cranberry Twp Pennsylvania 16066Dialysis Stations: 7 (724) 779-9770
- Dci of Seven Fields2.04 miles away201 Highpointe Drive Mars Pennsylvania 16046Dialysis Stations: 19 (724) 779-3930
- Liberty Dialysis - Baden7.72 miles away1682 State Street Baden Pennsylvania 15005CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (724) 869-2830
- Davita Avonworth Dialysis10.44 miles away259 Mt. Nebo Pointe Road Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15237Dialysis Stations: 9 (412) 364-3238
- Dci of North Hills10.71 miles away3412 Babcock Boulevard Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15237CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (412) 635-0211
- Liberty Dialysis - Friendship Ridge12.06 miles away246 Friendship Circle Beaver Pennsylvania 15009Dialysis Stations: 6 (724) 728-4320
- Liberty Dialysis - Hopewell12.43 miles away400 Corporation Drive Aliquippa Pennsylvania 15001Dialysis Stations: 22 (724) 378-6304
- Davita Thorn Run Dialysis13.06 miles away1136 Thorn Run Road, Suite j1 Coraopolis Pennsylvania 15108Dialysis Stations: 15 (412) 269-2304