Cranberry Place is in Cranberry Twp, Pennsylvania, a city with a total of 28,060 people. We gave this facility an overall grade of D. A score of this caliber typically suggests some red flags. If you are not happy with this facility's poor overall grade, you may find your options to be limited in Cranberry Twp. The city has just one other nursing home. The only positive thing we can say about this nursing home is that it did not receive any F's in in any of the major categories. Additional information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Note: Cranberry Place has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
Get pricing and details on Cranberry Twp senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Although we gave this place a bad overall grade, we awarded it a fairly respectable score in the category of inspections, where it received a B-. This was certainly better than its other categories. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing these inspection scores. One key factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies end up being relatively minor. Fortunately, although this place had some minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Lastly, this facility was flagged by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. We prefer to avoid facilities with this designation. Please do your best to find an alternative nursing home.
One of the other reasons we graded this facility so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing rating. In fact, nursing turned out to be its second best category grade. In that category, we awarded this facility an B-. Our nursing grade is based on quite a few factors, but the main one is the quantity of nurse hours per patient per week. This place provides only 0.5 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This is a somewhat alarming figure as it is well below average. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home fared better in some of the quality-based metrics we assessed. In fact, it performed well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these areas to be reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care. In many cases, the quality of nursing care is as important as the quantity of hours of care offered.
Does this page answer your questions about Cranberry Place?
Short-term Care Quality
The third most favorable category we awarded this nursing home in any category came in the category of short-term care, where we gave it a grade of B-. Short-term care scores are based in part on the nursing home's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a wide scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, in addition to other variations of therapy. Unfortunately, this place was below average in terms of its number of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its residents based on the measures we assessed. The final metric we considered in this category is the number of residents who eventually returned home from the facility. We found that just 5.2 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home. This figure was below the national average.
Long-term Care Quality
Our next category is long-term care, where we gave this facility a grade of B- in that area. Our long-term care grade focuses on a facility's assistance with daily living rather than the skilled nursing and medical services that are critical to a rehabilitation facility. After looking at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination statistics. We were disappointed to learn that this nursing home vaccinated only 79.69349 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Nevertheless, this place keeps its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cranberry Place Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cranberry Place, 15.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care minimizes the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cranberry Place, 4.98% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term care residents which have suffered falls resulting in major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cranberry Place, 4.76% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cranberry Place, 13.04% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to patients for many medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Tragically, in limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cranberry Place, 15.79% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure measures the percent of long-term patients who were given antianxiety medication. These drugs are generally used to treat residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cranberry Place, 0.86% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients who are showing signs of depression. Many in the industry would argue that this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cranberry Place, 87.47% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cranberry Place, 10.81% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and bathing. Many in the industry would argue that this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cranberry Place, 13.21% of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients that maintained mobility.
In Cranberry Place, 0.03 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cranberry Place, 13.21% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Cranberry Place, 10.94% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cranberry Place, 82.29% of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements.
- Upmc PassavantAcute Care Hospitals 8.98 miles away9100 Babcock Boulevard Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15237Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 367-6700
- Heritage Valley SewickleyAcute Care Hospitals 10.58 miles away720 Blackburn Road Sewickley Pennsylvania 15143Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 741-7000
- Heritage Valley BeaverAcute Care Hospitals 11.89 miles away1000 Dutch Ridge Road Beaver Pennsylvania 15009Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 728-7000
- Ohio Valley General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.61 miles away25 Heckel Road Mc Kees Rocks Pennsylvania 15136Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 777-6161
- Ellwood City Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.79 miles away724 Pershing Street Ellwood City Pennsylvania 16117Proprietary(724) 752-0081
- Allegheny General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.45 miles away320 East North Avenue Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15212Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 359-3131
- Upmc St MargaretAcute Care Hospitals 17.09 miles away815 Freeport Road Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15215Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 784-4000
- West Penn HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.15 miles away4800 Friendship Avenue Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15224Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 578-5000
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Cranberry0.02 miles away5 Saint Francis Way Cranberry Twp Pennsylvania 16066Dialysis Stations: 7 (724) 779-9770
- Dci of Seven Fields2.04 miles away201 Highpointe Drive Mars Pennsylvania 16046Dialysis Stations: 19 (724) 779-3930
- Liberty Dialysis - Baden7.72 miles away1682 State Street Baden Pennsylvania 15005CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (724) 869-2830
- Davita Avonworth Dialysis10.44 miles away259 Mt. Nebo Pointe Road Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15237Dialysis Stations: 9 (412) 364-3238
- Dci of North Hills10.71 miles away3412 Babcock Boulevard Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15237CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (412) 635-0211
- Liberty Dialysis - Friendship Ridge12.06 miles away246 Friendship Circle Beaver Pennsylvania 15009Dialysis Stations: 6 (724) 728-4320
- Liberty Dialysis - Hopewell12.43 miles away400 Corporation Drive Aliquippa Pennsylvania 15001Dialysis Stations: 22 (724) 378-6304
- Davita Thorn Run Dialysis13.06 miles away1136 Thorn Run Road, Suite j1 Coraopolis Pennsylvania 15108Dialysis Stations: 15 (412) 269-2304