Cra-Mar Meadows is one of just two facilities in Cranston, Rhode Island. This facility was given an A- overall, which is one of our better grades. In fact, this nursing home is one of the top 50 facilities in Rhode Island. The best part of this facility's strong report card is its nursing grade. Nursing grades are discussed in the next section
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Top Nursing Home in Rhode Island Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Rhode Island Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
We also would like to emphasize the fact that this nursing home received an impressive grade of A for our nursing rating. In calculating a nursing home's nursing rating, we assess the amount of time nurses are caring for patients and the level of skill of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Adding to this facility's impressive resume, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. Our inspection ratings are based on several datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent government inspections. Places that score well in this category tend to have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about Cra-Mar Meadows?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to another strength for this facility, we awarded them one of our better scores in our short-term care category as well, with a B+. With our short-term care grade, we seek to craft a meaningful gauge for rehabilitation. In this process, we look at the facility's levels of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last statistic we looked at in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the fourth category, this facility was awarded a decent long-term care grade. Even though this isn't quite as strong as many of its other scores, this is truly not the end of the world. In the area of long-term care, we focus on the quantity of services offered by a facility, rather than more medically-intensive services. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. As it turns out, this nursing home gave the vaccine to only 89.01099 percent of its residents, which is quite a bit lower than we expected. On a more positive note, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Cra-Mar Meadows Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Cra-Mar Meadows, 7.49% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term stay patients who suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a reliable indicator of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Cra-Mar Meadows, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a fall resulting in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Cra-Mar Meadows, 2.83% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Cra-Mar Meadows, 17.89% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to patients for a variety of conditions, including cognitive disorders. Unfortunately, in limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Cra-Mar Meadows, 15.01% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are administered to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Cra-Mar Meadows, 2.58% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Cra-Mar Meadows, 94.38% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Cra-Mar Meadows, 16.46% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and taking a bath. Some experts would argue that this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Cra-Mar Meadows, 20.63% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients who maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Cra-Mar Meadows, 20.63 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Cra-Mar Meadows, 77.52% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts would argue this is a measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
- Kent County Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.62 miles away455 Toll Gate Rd Warwick Rhode Island 02886Proprietary(401) 737-7010
- Women & Infants Hospital of Rhode IslandAcute Care Hospitals 8.45 miles away101 Dudley Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 274-1100
- Roger Williams Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.63 miles away825 Chalkstone Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02908Proprietary(401) 456-2025
- Rhode Island HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.71 miles away593 Eddy Street Providence Rhode Island 02903Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 444-4000
- Our Lady of Fatima HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.1 miles away200 High Service Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02904Proprietary(401) 456-3000
- Emma Pendleton Bradley HospitalPsychiatric 10 miles away1011 Veterans Memorial Parkway Riverside Rhode Island 02915Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 432-1000
- The Miriam HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.85 miles away164 Summit Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02906Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 793-2500
- Landmark Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.45 miles away115 Cass Avenue Woonsocket Rhode Island 02895Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 769-4100
- Dialysis Center of West Warwick4.45 miles away1775 Bald Hill Road Warwick Rhode Island 02886CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 34 (401) 823-8420
- Fresenius Medical Care of Warwick5.66 miles away2814 Post Road Warwick Rhode Island 02886CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (401) 738-4050
- Dialysis Center of Johnston6.3 miles away1526 Atwood Avenue Johnston Rhode Island 02919CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 521-0400
- Dialysis Center of Providence7.95 miles away9 Plenty Street Providence Rhode Island 02907Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 273-4898
- Davita North Providence Renal Center9.84 miles away1635 Mineral Spring Ave. Providence Rhode Island 02904Dialysis Stations: 18 (401) 354-5340
- Nna of Providence9.88 miles away125 Corliss Street Providence Rhode Island 02904CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (401) 521-9300
- The Dialysis Center of Rhode Island Hospital10.6 miles away22 Baker Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Dialysis Stations: 18 (401) 444-4440
- Dialysis Center of Rhode Island Hospital10.81 miles away950 Warren Avenue Suite 101 East Providence Rhode Island 02914Dialysis Stations: 12 (401) 606-1002