Coweta Manor Nursing Home is an average-sized nursing home located in Coweta, Oklahoma. We awarded this nursing home an overall grade of B+. A score of this caliber requires favorable scores in most areas. Based on our ratings, you could do much worse than this place. We were also pleased to find that this place did not have any bad scores in any of the four major categories. Additional information about its category grades is available below.
Coweta Manor Nursing Home
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Please note our records indicate that Coweta Manor Nursing Home has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
We also found that this facility excelled in our long-term care rating. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. When facilities receive a grade in this range in long-term care it generally means it's well-staffed and is a quality place to reside on a permanent basis. In addition to considering the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia tragically can be a dangerous illness for nursing home residents so we like it when a nursing home doesn't leave this to chance. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
This facility also excelled in inspections. We gave it a grade of A- for that category. These inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This place was assessed 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be major deficiencies. This tells you that the government inspectors did not deem any of these deficiencies to pose an imminent risk to resident health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Coweta Manor Nursing Home?
Short-term Care Quality
We also awarded this nursing home a middle of the pack grade in the category of short-term care, where it received a B-. Our short-term care grades are likely more important for folks in need of a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually requires additional skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes not just nursing services, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other types of therapy. It does not look like this nursing home submitted information about its staffing of registered nurses or physical therapists. The last measure we assessed in this area is the number of patients who eventually returned home from the facility. We found that just 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home. This figure was below average.
The final area we analyzed was nursing. We gave this facility an acceptable score in this category, with a C. Although this was not as favorable as some of this nursing home's other scores, it is nevertheless not a poor grade. We assessed the licensure of nurses working for the facility, as well as the number of hours those nurses spent with residents, in calculating our score in this area. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other nursing homes. Finally, while this place got docked a bit for nursing hours per resident, it excelled in a few of our quality measures. With less than five percent of its residents experiencing pressure ulcers, it did remarkably well in this area.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Coweta Manor Nursing Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Coweta Manor Nursing Home, 8.97% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by remaining in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Coweta Manor Nursing Home, 4.39% of Patients had Serious Falls
This gauges the percent of long-term care patients which sustained falls leading to major injury. We use this statistic in computing nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Coweta Manor Nursing Home, 3.49% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often linked to lower quality nursing care. However, this datapoint could be misleading for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Coweta Manor Nursing Home, 14.15% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to residents for many conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Unfortunately, in some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Coweta Manor Nursing Home, 24.47% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are administered to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Coweta Manor Nursing Home, 3.91% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents showing depressive symptoms. High rates of depression may indicate a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Coweta Manor Nursing Home, 92.49% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Coweta Manor Nursing Home, 14.12% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Coweta Manor Nursing Home, 14.93% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Coweta Manor Nursing Home, 1.77 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is critical to the physical health of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Coweta Manor Nursing Home, 14.93 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Coweta Manor Nursing Home, 14.86 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
- St John Broken Arrow, IncAcute Care Hospitals 12.75 miles away1000 West Boise Circle Broken Arrow Oklahoma 74012Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 994-8100
- Saint Francis Hospital South, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 13.45 miles away10501 East 91st Street South Tulsa Oklahoma 74133Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 307-6000
- Hillcrest Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 13.97 miles away8801 South 101st East Avenue Tulsa Oklahoma 74133Proprietary(918) 294-4000
- Wagoner Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.04 miles away1200 West Cherokee Street Wagoner Oklahoma 74467Government - Hospital District or Authority(918) 485-5514
- Southwestern Regional Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 14.27 miles away10109 East 79th Street Tulsa Oklahoma 74133Proprietary(918) 286-5000
- Shadow Mountain Behavioral Health SystemPsychiatric 17.12 miles away6262 South Sheridan Road Tulsa Oklahoma 74133Proprietary(918) 492-8200
- Saint Francis Hospital, IncAcute Care Hospitals 18.01 miles away6161 South Yale Tulsa Oklahoma 74136Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 494-2200
- Saint Francis Hospital MuskogeeAcute Care Hospitals 18.62 miles away300 Rockefeller Drive Muskogee Oklahoma 74401Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 682-5501
- Davita - Berkshire at Home11.01 miles away4800 W San Antonio St Ste 201 Broken Arrow Oklahoma 74012Dialysis Stations: 11 (918) 249-9716
- Davita - Broken Arrow11.49 miles away1710 N 9th St Broken Arrow Oklahoma 74012Dialysis Stations: 16 (918) 355-0657
- Davita - dt4 Dialysis13.31 miles away4800 West San Antonio Street Broken Arrow Oklahoma 74012Dialysis Stations: 4 (918) 307-1320
- Fkc - Beverly Mathis Memorial Dialysis13.65 miles away5230 S Mingo Rd Tulsa Oklahoma 74146Dialysis Stations: 13 (918) 660-0816
- Davita - Wagoner Dialysis13.66 miles away402 S Wall Street Wagoner Oklahoma 74467Dialysis Stations: 13 (918) 485-4363
- Davita - Southcrest13.75 miles away10921 East 81st St Tulsa Oklahoma 74133CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (918) 249-8402
- Fmcna - East Tulsa15.25 miles away5147 S Garnett Rd Ste C Tulsa Oklahoma 74146CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (918) 250-3427
- St Francis Hospital-Dialysis17.84 miles away6161 S Yale Ave Tulsa Oklahoma 74136CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (918) 494-5575