Covenant Village of Green Township is an average-sized nursing home located in Cincinnati, Ohio. Featuring an overall score of B-, this is likely a middle of the pack facility. This grade was right in line with the city grade in Cincinnati. The best part of this place's report card is is its inspection reports. We discuss inspections in the next section.
Covenant Village of Green Township
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
3210 West Fork Road,
Cincinnati OH 45211
82.14% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
While this facility's overall grade was not bad, it really excelled in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- for that category, which is one of our best scores. Inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was awarded a positive grade in our short-term care category. We awarded this nursing home an above average grade of B+ in this category. Short-term care grades are commonly used to judge a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation. In order to offer highly rated rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to feature higher levels of highly skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other types of therapists. Fortunately, this nursing home offers both physical therapists and registered nurses. Not all facilities offer both. The final datapoint we looked at in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. This place performed as well as just about any facility in Ohio in this area with 63.6 percent of its residents returning home. At most facilities, fewer than half of their short-term residents are able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Covenant Village of Green Township?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's next most favorable area turned out to be long-term care. In that area, we awarded this facility a B-. Long-term care grades are based in part on a nursing home's quantity of nursing services. This includes a broad spectrum of personal care services, ranging from help with activities of daily living to routine medical services. After considering the above average volume of nursing care provided by this nursing home, we turned to the facility's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 97.32143 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which appears to be higher than the majority of nursing homes. This combination proved to be successful as this place keeps its residents out of the hospital. While it had 2.45 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, its risk adjusted score was better than the majority of nursing homes since it had more complex patients.
The next category we looked at is nursing. We awarded it a grade of C in that area. This is a fair grade in this category. When calculating our nursing scores, we factor in both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the training levels of the nurses. This facility provides 4 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This is better than average. In calculating our scores, we apply more weight to hours performed by more highly trained nurses such as registered nurses. Lastly, we also factored a few quality-based metrics into our nursing grades. This nursing home was relatively weak in two of the metrics we focus on, with subpar scores for minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. These areas are typically good measures of the quality of nursing care offered.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Covenant Village of Green Township Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Covenant Village of Green Township, 7.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure tells you the percent of long-term stay residents who suffer from pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are an measure of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Covenant Village of Green Township, 3.62% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls resulting in injury are often caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Covenant Village of Green Township, 1.75% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of long-term residents that have sustained a urinary tract infection. While more infections may reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it can be problematic to compare between facilities due to nursing homes having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Covenant Village of Green Township, 12.79% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many residents, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Covenant Village of Green Township, 22.34% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Covenant Village of Green Township, 19.84% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Covenant Village of Green Township, 90.11% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Covenant Village of Green Township, 15.05% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Covenant Village of Green Township, 18.59% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents that retained mobility levels.
In Covenant Village of Green Township, 1.39 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Covenant Village of Green Township, 18.59 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Covenant Village of Green Township, 11.79 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to measure patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Covenant Village of Green Township, 74.53% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Cincinnati, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Cincinnati, Ohio has 51 other nursing homes
- Mercy Health - West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.14 miles away3300 Mercy Health Blvd Cincinnati Ohio 45211Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 215-5000
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.69 miles away375 Dixmyth Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45220Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 862-2646
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical CenterChildrens 5.65 miles away3333 Burnet Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45229Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 636-3333
- University of Cincinnati Medical Center, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 5.7 miles away234 Goodman Street Cincinnati Ohio 45219Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 584-1000
- Christ HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.11 miles away2139 Auburn Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45219Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 585-2000
- Mercy Health - Fairfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.82 miles away3000 Mack Road Fairfield Ohio 45014Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 870-7197
- St Elizabeth Ft ThomasAcute Care Hospitals 9.85 miles away85 North Grand Avenue Fort Thomas Kentucky 41075Voluntary non-profit - Private(859) 572-3100
- St Elizabeth FlorenceAcute Care Hospitals 11.58 miles away4900 Houston Road Florence Kentucky 41042Voluntary non-profit - Private(859) 212-5220
- Davita - White Oak Dialysis2.44 miles away5520 Cheviot Road, Suite B Cincinnati Ohio 45247CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (513) 741-1062
- Davita - White Oak Home Dialysis2.44 miles away5520 Cheviot Road, Suite B Cincinnati Ohio 45247Dialysis Stations: 4 (513) 385-3580
- Dci - Western Hills2.96 miles away6432 Glenway Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45211Dialysis Stations: 13 (513) 598-9050
- Davita - Western Hills Dialysis3.18 miles away3267 Westbourne Ave. Cincinnati Ohio 45248CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (513) 347-0444
- Cinld, LLC3.46 miles away1555 Goodman Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45224Dialysis Stations: 17 (513) 521-2018
- Davita - Winton Road Dialysis4.1 miles away6550 Winton Road Cincinnati Ohio 45224CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (513) 591-2900
- Davita - Delhi Dialysis4.42 miles away5040 Delhi Pike Cincinnati Ohio 45238CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (513) 922-5900
- Borrego Dialysis LLC4.53 miles away6909 Good Samaritan Dr. Suite C Cincinnati Ohio 45247Dialysis Stations: 15 (513) 353-0237