Covenant Village Care Center is in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. The city has a multitude of options. Featuring an overall score of A-, we deemed this facility to be ranked among the top ten facilities in Fort Lauderdale. Overall scores in this range are a good indicator of top-notch nursing home. Based on our assessment, this place is simply as good as it gets. This facility's strong report card was highlighted by its inspection score, which is addressed in the next section.
Covenant Village Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a great facility overall, it also earned A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were nearly flawless. Inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this nursing home had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. We should note that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in the industry.
Short-term Care Quality
Compounding its impressive accomplishments in other areas, we awarded this facility a score of A for its short-term care score. In forming our short-term care grades, we look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our goal is to devise a tool for comparing the rehabilitation services of various facilities. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final measure we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients who returned home from the facility. We found that 7.3 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Covenant Village Care Center?
This facility received a very good nursing grade this year as well. It received one of our better scores in that category with a grade of B. In determining a facility's nursing score, we assess the amount of time nurses are seeing residents and the skill levels of those nurses. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as having a protocol of turning patients even once per day.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to our final area, this facility received an acceptable long-term care grade. Although this was not as impressive as some of its other grades, this is really not a bad grade. In computing our long-term care ratings, we quantify the facility's personal care services. In addition to assessing the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Thankfully, this nursing home administered the vaccine to 99.23077 percent of its residents, which is a very respectable figure. This nursing home also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Covenant Village Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Covenant Village Care Center, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who suffer from pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a solid barometer of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Covenant Village Care Center, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure gauges the percent of long-term care patients that had falls which caused severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Covenant Village Care Center, 1.82% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . UTI's are often the result of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this statistic can also be misleading for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Covenant Village Care Center, 10.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Covenant Village Care Center, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are administered to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Covenant Village Care Center, 2.43% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Covenant Village Care Center, 94.61% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home residents, making these vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Covenant Village Care Center, 13.17% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of the erosion of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Covenant Village Care Center, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Covenant Village Care Center, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Covenant Village Care Center, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Covenant Village Care Center, 9.19 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to assess patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Covenant Village Care Center, 77.65% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Fort Lauderdale, Florida has 18 other nursing homes
- Plantation General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.98 miles away401 Nw 42nd Ave Fort Lauderdale Florida 33317Voluntary non-profit - Private(954) 587-5010
- Memorial Hospital PembrokeAcute Care Hospitals 6.25 miles away7800 Sheridan St Hollywood Florida 33024Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 962-9650
- University Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.31 miles away7201 N University Dr Fort Lauderdale Florida 33321Proprietary(954) 721-2200
- Cleveland Clinic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.85 miles away3100 Weston Rd Fort Lauderdale Florida 33331Voluntary non-profit - Private(954) 689-5000
- Broward Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.87 miles away1600 S Andrews Ave Fort Lauderdale Florida 33316Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 355-4400
- Memorial Hospital WestAcute Care Hospitals 7.95 miles away703 N Flamingo Rd Pembroke Pines Florida 33028Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 436-5000
- South Florida State HospitalPsychiatric 8.21 miles away800 E Cypress Dr Hollywood Florida 33025Government - State(305) 967-7000
- Broward Health Coral SpringsAcute Care Hospitals 10.21 miles away3000 Coral Hills Dr Pompano Beach Florida 33065Government - Hospital District or Authority(954) 344-3000
- Plantation Home Training1.27 miles away8144 W Broward Blvd Fort Lauderdale Florida 33324Dialysis Stations: 3 (954) 473-9138
- Plantation Dialysis - Plantation1.52 miles away7061 Cypress Rd Ste 103 Fort Lauderdale Florida 33317CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (954) 583-2100
- Fmc - Plantation1.56 miles away849 N Nob Hill Rd Fort Lauderdale Florida 33324Dialysis Stations: 19 (954) 382-0151
- Pine Island Kidney Center1.84 miles away1871 N Pine Island Rd Fort Lauderdale Florida 33322Dialysis Stations: 20 (954) 916-8958
- Universal Kidney Center of Davie2.25 miles away11570 W State Road 84 Fort Lauderdale Florida 33325Dialysis Stations: 21 (954) 727-9100
- Davie City Dialysis2.65 miles away7950 Sw 30th Street Fort Lauderdale Florida 33328Dialysis Stations: 15 (954) 577-2778
- Florida Kidney Center4.18 miles away7309 West Oakland Park Blvd Fort Lauderdale Florida 33319CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (954) 578-7678
- Renal Care Partners Home Program4.26 miles away4970 Sw 52nd St #304 Fort Lauderdale Florida 33314Dialysis Stations: 10 (954) 791-7301