Courville at Nashua is a small facility located in Nashua, New Hampshire. With an overall grade of A, this facility is among the best nursing homes we looked at. We were impressed enough to rate this facility as one of the top 50 facilities in New Hampshire. Headlining this nursing home's remarkable profile is its short-term care score, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Courville at Nashua
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
22 Hunt Street,
Nashua NH 03060
119.5% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
To pair with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing grade. In the area of short-term care, we seek to qualify measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We look at a nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.6 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Adding to its strong resume, this facility also received an excellent nursing score, with a grade of A. Our nursing rating is primarily tied to the facility's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a system of turning patients more frequently.
Does this page answer your questions about Courville at Nashua?
Another quality feature of this nursing home is its inspection score. In that category, we gave this facility an impressive grade of A-. Perhaps the most critical factor we look at in calculating our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Places with better scores in this area most likely dodged the more severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. Unfortunately, we weren't able to find deficiency counts for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to our final area, this facility also performed well in our long-term care category. We awarded it a grade of A- for this category. This finalized truly elite profile. In a long-term care environment, the primary goal is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. Once we assessed the amount of nursing care, we next considered the facility's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 71.19565 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Courville at Nashua Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Courville at Nashua, 6.48% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often the result of residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care limits the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Courville at Nashua, 5.13% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a fall leading to serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Courville at Nashua, 2.56% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often the result of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this datapoint may also be skewed for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Courville at Nashua, 16.15% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs are sometimes used for treating several medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Courville at Nashua, 14.9% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are given to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Courville at Nashua, 6.23% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Courville at Nashua, 94.94% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Courville at Nashua, 18.44% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate the deterioration of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Courville at Nashua, 18.81% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents who maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Courville at Nashua, 1.55 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Courville at Nashua, 18.81 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Courville at Nashua, 13.79 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Courville at Nashua, 81.87% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term residents that saw functional improvements.
- St Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.51 miles away172 Kinsley St Nashua New Hampshire 03060Voluntary non-profit - Other(603) 882-3000
- Southern Nh Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.81 miles away8 Prospect Street Nashua New Hampshire 03060Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 577-2000
- Lowell General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.5 miles away295 Varnum Avenue Lowell Massachusetts 01854Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 937-6000
- Parkland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.94 miles away1 Parkland Drive Derry New Hampshire 03038Proprietary(603) 421-2100
- Nashoba Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.08 miles away200 Groton Road Ayer Massachusetts 01432Proprietary(978) 784-9000
- Holy Family HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.13 miles away70 East Street Methuen Massachusetts 01844Proprietary(978) 687-0156
- Elliot HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.65 miles away1 Elliot Way Manchester New Hampshire 03103Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 669-5300
- Catholic Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.11 miles away100 Mcgregor Street Manchester New Hampshire 03102Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 668-3545
- Davita Nashua Dialysis0.92 miles away38 Tyler Street Nashua New Hampshire 03061CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (603) 598-1665
- Bio-Medical Applications of New Hampshire, Inc.3.21 miles away20 Cotton Road Suite 200 Nashua New Hampshire 03063Dialysis Stations: 21 (603) 577-4547
- Fresenius Medical Care Southern Nh Dialysis Center9.22 miles away586 Nashua St Unit #20 Milford New Hampshire 03055Dialysis Stations: 13 (603) 672-6678
- Davita Derry Dialysis10.2 miles away1 Action Blvd suite2 Londonderry New Hampshire 03053Dialysis Stations: 13 (603) 421-9724
- Fresenius Medical Care Londonderry10.2 miles away1f Common Drive Londonderry New Hampshire 03053Dialysis Stations: 13 (603) 434-4517
- Versailles Dialysis LLC11.35 miles away18 Pelham Road Salem New Hampshire 03079Dialysis Stations: 10 (603) 870-9487
- Bio-Medical Applications of New Hampshire Inc11.47 miles away19 Keewadin Drive Suite 1 Salem New Hampshire 03079Dialysis Stations: 1 (603) 870-0969
- Fresenius Medical Care Chelmsford12.68 miles away27 Industrial Ave Chelmsford Massachusetts 01824Dialysis Stations: 16 (978) 250-0981