Courville at Nashua is a small facility located in Nashua, New Hampshire. With an overall grade of A-, this is clearly a very good nursing home. We ranked this nursing home as one of the 50 best nursing homes in New Hampshire. This facility's strong report card was highlighted by its short-term care rating, which you can find in the next section.
Courville at Nashua
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
On top of faring well overall, this facility earned an excellent short-term care grade. In fact, we gave it an A in that area. In determining our short-term care scores, we look at the facility's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This grade is frequently a meaningful assessment of the nursing home's rehabilitation. We were not able to track down information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The final metric we looked at in this area is the number of patients that who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. We found that 6.6 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
We also want to note the fact that this facility received a strong score of A- in our long-term care area. For prospective residents looking for a permanent residence rather than rehabilitation, long-term care is a very important category. On top of assessing the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 91.83674 percent of its patients. This is somewhat less than we were hoping for but still a reasonably acceptable percentage. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Courville at Nashua?
Adding to this facility's impressive resume, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A- for our inspections rating. Inspection scores weigh several factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher scores in this area generally have very few severe deficiencies. Unfortunately, it does not look like we were able to find information about this nursing home's deficiencies. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
In our final area, this facility also was given an excellent nursing grade, with a grade of B+. This finished off a first-rate report card. Our nursing rating is primarily associated with a nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as having a protocol of moving patients more frequently.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Courville at Nashua Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Courville at Nashua, 6.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from remaining in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Courville at Nashua, 5.16% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents that had a fall which resulted in serious injury. We use this statistic in determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Courville at Nashua, 2.81% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that have had urinary tract infections. UTI's could be an indication of lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic can be misleading for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Courville at Nashua, 17.01% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term stay patients which are administered antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may mean a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents in situations where such medications are not medically indicated. However, some nursing homes may need to rely on these medications due to having more residents with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Courville at Nashua, 16.61% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Courville at Nashua, 5.77% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. High rates of depression could be an indicator worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Courville at Nashua, 95.49% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Courville at Nashua, 18.58% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Courville at Nashua, 22.17% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents that maintained mobility. Some argue that mobility is vital to patients physical and mental well-being.
In Courville at Nashua, 1.27 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Courville at Nashua, 22.17 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Courville at Nashua, 12.13 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Courville at Nashua, 78.43% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with activities of daily living typically correlates with superior rehabilitation.
- St Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.51 miles away172 Kinsley St Nashua New Hampshire 03060Voluntary non-profit - Other(603) 882-3000
- Southern Nh Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.81 miles away8 Prospect Street Nashua New Hampshire 03060Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 577-2000
- Lowell General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.5 miles away295 Varnum Avenue Lowell Massachusetts 01854Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 937-6000
- Parkland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.94 miles away1 Parkland Drive Derry New Hampshire 03038Proprietary(603) 421-2100
- Nashoba Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.08 miles away200 Groton Road Ayer Massachusetts 01432Proprietary(978) 784-9000
- Holy Family HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.13 miles away70 East Street Methuen Massachusetts 01844Proprietary(978) 687-0156
- Elliot HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.65 miles away1 Elliot Way Manchester New Hampshire 03103Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 669-5300
- Catholic Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.11 miles away100 Mcgregor Street Manchester New Hampshire 03102Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 668-3545
- Davita Nashua Dialysis0.92 miles away38 Tyler Street Nashua New Hampshire 03061CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (603) 598-1665
- Bio-Medical Applications of New Hampshire, Inc.3.21 miles away20 Cotton Road Suite 200 Nashua New Hampshire 03063Dialysis Stations: 21 (603) 577-4547
- Fresenius Medical Care Southern Nh Dialysis Center9.22 miles away586 Nashua St Unit #20 Milford New Hampshire 03055Dialysis Stations: 13 (603) 672-6678
- Davita Derry Dialysis10.2 miles away1 Action Blvd suite2 Londonderry New Hampshire 03053Dialysis Stations: 13 (603) 421-9724
- Fresenius Medical Care Londonderry10.2 miles away1f Common Drive Londonderry New Hampshire 03053Dialysis Stations: 13 (603) 434-4517
- Versailles Dialysis LLC11.35 miles away18 Pelham Road Salem New Hampshire 03079Dialysis Stations: 10 (603) 870-9487
- Bio-Medical Applications of New Hampshire Inc11.47 miles away19 Keewadin Drive Suite 1 Salem New Hampshire 03079Dialysis Stations: 1 (603) 870-0969
- Fresenius Medical Care Chelmsford12.68 miles away27 Industrial Ave Chelmsford Massachusetts 01824Dialysis Stations: 16 (978) 250-0981