Located in Nashua, New Hampshire, Courville at Nashua is one of just two facilities in this city. We gave this facility an overall grade of B+. A grade of this caliber requires strong marks in most areas. Based on our ratings, you could do much worse than this facility. Fortunately, this facility didn't have any bad scores in any of the major categories. Additional information about its category grades can be found below.
Courville at Nashua
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
22 Hunt Street,
Nashua NH 03060
73.8% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with a favorable overall grade, we awarded this place an A+ for inspections. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating these inspection scores. One key factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these end up being relatively minor. Unfortunately, we were not able to locate deficiency data for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Another strong feature for this nursing home is that it was awarded a very positive long-term care grade. In fact, this proved to be its second best category grade. In that category, we gave this nursing home a grade of B+. Facilities that do well in long-term care tend to provide residents with more supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. One of the datapoints we considered in addition to nursing hours was vaccines. This facility administered the pneumonia vaccination to 96.482414 percent of its patients. Vaccination is a proven method to avoid unnecessary deaths and hospitalizations for the aged 65 and up population. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.55 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Courville at Nashua?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the third category, this facility also received a grade of B for its short-term care rating. This is a well above average grade in this category. In calculating our short-term care scores, we assess a nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This score is considered to be a meaningful measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. One of this nursing home's strengths is physical therapy hours. We found that it offers more hours with physical therapists to its residents than most facilities. Finally, we looked at the number of patients who ultimately were able to return home from this nursing home. In addition to excelling in the area of physical therapy staffing, we found that it performed as well as just about any facility in the country in this area with 62.2 percent of its residents returning home. Most nursing homes are below 50 percent in this statistic.
The last category we analyzed is nursing. In this area, we awarded this nursing home an acceptable grade of C. This was this facility's least impressive category. Nursing scores are tied to quantity of nursing care available. This nursing home provides 3.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed a few nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these data points. With less than five percent of its patients sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed well in this statistic. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by having a policy of turning patients more frequently.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Courville at Nashua Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Courville at Nashua, 6.32% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care minimizes the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Courville at Nashua, 5.23% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term care residents who have experienced falls resulting in serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indicator of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Courville at Nashua, 2.97% of Patients had UTIs
This figure measures the percent of long-term stay patients who sustained UTI's. UTI's may be an indication of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this datapoint can be misleading for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Courville at Nashua, 17.25% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These medications may be used for a variety of conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Courville at Nashua, 17.14% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly given to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Courville at Nashua, 5.66% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients exhibiting symptoms of depression. Some experts argue that this is a reasonable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Courville at Nashua, 95.56% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these types of vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Courville at Nashua, 19.92% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Courville at Nashua, 24.87% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Courville at Nashua, 1.2 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Courville at Nashua, 24.87 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Courville at Nashua, 11.97 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Courville at Nashua, 77.37% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- St Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.51 miles away172 Kinsley St Nashua New Hampshire 03060Voluntary non-profit - Other(603) 882-3000
- Southern Nh Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.81 miles away8 Prospect Street Nashua New Hampshire 03060Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 577-2000
- Lowell General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.5 miles away295 Varnum Avenue Lowell Massachusetts 01854Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 937-6000
- Parkland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.94 miles away1 Parkland Drive Derry New Hampshire 03038Proprietary(603) 421-2100
- Nashoba Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.08 miles away200 Groton Road Ayer Massachusetts 01432Proprietary(978) 784-9000
- Holy Family HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.13 miles away70 East Street Methuen Massachusetts 01844Proprietary(978) 687-0156
- Elliot HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.65 miles away1 Elliot Way Manchester New Hampshire 03103Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 669-5300
- Catholic Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.11 miles away100 Mcgregor Street Manchester New Hampshire 03102Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 668-3545
- Davita Nashua Dialysis0.92 miles away38 Tyler Street Nashua New Hampshire 03061CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (603) 598-1665
- Bio-Medical Applications of New Hampshire, Inc.3.21 miles away20 Cotton Road Suite 200 Nashua New Hampshire 03063Dialysis Stations: 21 (603) 577-4547
- Fresenius Medical Care Southern Nh Dialysis Center9.22 miles away586 Nashua St Unit #20 Milford New Hampshire 03055Dialysis Stations: 13 (603) 672-6678
- Davita Derry Dialysis10.2 miles away1 Action Blvd suite2 Londonderry New Hampshire 03053Dialysis Stations: 13 (603) 421-9724
- Fresenius Medical Care Londonderry10.2 miles away1f Common Drive Londonderry New Hampshire 03053Dialysis Stations: 13 (603) 434-4517
- Versailles Dialysis LLC11.35 miles away18 Pelham Road Salem New Hampshire 03079Dialysis Stations: 10 (603) 870-9487
- Bio-Medical Applications of New Hampshire Inc11.47 miles away19 Keewadin Drive Suite 1 Salem New Hampshire 03079Dialysis Stations: 1 (603) 870-0969
- Fresenius Medical Care Chelmsford12.68 miles away27 Industrial Ave Chelmsford Massachusetts 01824Dialysis Stations: 16 (978) 250-0981