Courville at Manchester is one of nine facilities in Manchester, New Hampshire. This is an A rated facility. It received one of the most impressive scores that we offer. A score in this range requires superb marks across the board. In fact, we were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it as one of the highest rated nursing homes in Manchester. This nursing home also received consistently good grades in each of our categories. Additional information about its category grades can be found below.
Courville at Manchester
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received an A+ inspection grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this very important category. Inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also was elite in the area of long-term care, where it received a grade of A. Only a select group of nursing homes received a better grade in this area. When facilities receive this kind of score in this category it is usually a good sign for resident care and suggests that the facility is well-staffed with nurses aids. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by nurses, we then looked at the facility's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 97.66355 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia tragically can be a life threatening ailment for nursing home patients so we strongly prefer when a facility doesn't roll the dice on this issue. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Courville at Manchester?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning the page to our third category, this facility was given a top-shelf short-term care score. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- in this area. In calculating our short-term care grades, we look at the nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other licensed professionals. This grade is often a useful assessment of a facility's rehabilitation services. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the percentage of patients that were able to return home from this facility. We found that 5.8 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
In the final category we looked at, this facility was awarded a very strong grade of B+ in our nursing category. With this score, the nursing home rounded out a very favorable profile. Nursing grades are mostly based on the facility's nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Courville at Manchester Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Courville at Manchester, 6.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This gauges the percentage of long-term patients who suffered from pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a reliable barometer of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Courville at Manchester, 5.18% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care . Major falls leading to injury are often the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Courville at Manchester, 3.06% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often the result of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this datapoint can be skewed for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Courville at Manchester, 16.95% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Courville at Manchester, 16.72% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Courville at Manchester, 5.54% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Courville at Manchester, 95.74% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Courville at Manchester, 19.68% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Courville at Manchester, 24.67% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients that maintained mobility. Some would argue that the ability to move around is important for patients physical and mental health.
In Courville at Manchester, 1.18 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is critical to preserving the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Courville at Manchester, 24.67 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Courville at Manchester, 11.85 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Courville at Manchester, 77.92% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with activities of daily living generally correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
Scores for Manchester, NH
- Overall Rating has a grade of A
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Manchester, New Hampshire has 8 other nursing homes
- Catholic Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.11 miles away100 Mcgregor Street Manchester New Hampshire 03102Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 668-3545
- Elliot HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.23 miles away1 Elliot Way Manchester New Hampshire 03103Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 669-5300
- Parkland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.68 miles away1 Parkland Drive Derry New Hampshire 03038Proprietary(603) 421-2100
- New Hampshire Hosp-Psych UnitPsychiatric 13.59 miles away36 Clinton Street Concord New Hampshire 03301Government - State(603) 271-5300
- Concord HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.08 miles away250 Pleasant St Concord New Hampshire 03301Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 225-2711
- Southern Nh Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.52 miles away8 Prospect Street Nashua New Hampshire 03060Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 577-2000
- St Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.93 miles away172 Kinsley St Nashua New Hampshire 03060Voluntary non-profit - Other(603) 882-3000
- Manchester Kidney Center0.17 miles away1750 Elm Street Suite 100 Manchester New Hampshire 03103CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (603) 647-4042
- Davita Manchester Dialysis1.16 miles away903 Hanover Street Manchester New Hampshire 03104Dialysis Stations: 10 (603) 621-4903
- Bedford Dialysis Davita4.04 miles away15 Constitution Dr, Suite 1c Bedford New Hampshire 03110Dialysis Stations: 13 (603) 471-1904
- Davita Derry Dialysis9.01 miles away1 Action Blvd suite2 Londonderry New Hampshire 03053Dialysis Stations: 13 (603) 421-9724
- Fresenius Medical Care Londonderry9.01 miles away1f Common Drive Londonderry New Hampshire 03053Dialysis Stations: 13 (603) 434-4517
- New Hampshire Kidney Center (Fmc)14.31 miles away248 Pleasant Street Pillsbury Bldg., g400 Concord New Hampshire 03301CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (603) 224-9996
- Fresenius Medical Care Southern Nh Dialysis Center15.02 miles away586 Nashua St Unit #20 Milford New Hampshire 03055Dialysis Stations: 13 (603) 672-6678
- Bio-Medical Applications of New Hampshire, Inc.15.75 miles away20 Cotton Road Suite 200 Nashua New Hampshire 03063Dialysis Stations: 21 (603) 577-4547