Courville at Manchester is one of nine facilities in Manchester, New Hampshire. This facility was given an A- overall, which is one of the highest ratings we offer. A grade of this caliber requires first-rate scores across the board. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it in the top 25 percent of all facilities in the country. This place also received very consistent grades in all of our categories. Additional information about these categories is available below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Courville at Manchester
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Manchester senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in New Hampshire Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in New Hampshire Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in New Hampshire Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our long-term care rating. For patients looking for a permanent residence rather than rehabilitation, long-term care grades are an important measure. After we finished assessing the amount of nursing care, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 93.269226 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Adding to this facility's impressive resume, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. Perhaps the most critical factor we look at in calculating our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher grades in this category most likely avoided the more severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Courville at Manchester?
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we analyzed is short-term care. Adding to its superb resume, this facility also performed well in this category. In fact, we gave it a grade of of A- in that area. In calculating our short-term care grades, we look at a nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other types of therapists. This grade is typically a useful assessment of the facility's ability to rehabilitate patients. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we considered the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5.4 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
The last area we rated was nursing, where this facility was given a B+. This rounded out a very impressive report card. Only a select few nursing homes earned a B+ or better in in each area we assessed. Nursing scores are based in large part on nurse staffing levels. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some quality-based measures in this category. This nursing home fared well in some of the quality measures we looked at. For example, in terms of the percentage of its patients suffering from pressure ulcers, this facility performed better than the national average. This is generally an indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Pressure ulcers can many times be avoided with better nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Courville at Manchester Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Courville at Manchester, 5.92% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Courville at Manchester, 4.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who sustained a fall which resulted in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Courville at Manchester, 3.16% of Patients had UTIs
This figure tells you the percent of long-term stay patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be an indication of a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this datapoint could be skewed for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Courville at Manchester, 7.84% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to patients for many medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Tragically, in limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Courville at Manchester, 21.69% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic measures the percent of long-term stay residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Courville at Manchester, 7.89% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. Increased rates of depression could indicate worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Courville at Manchester, 95.74% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Courville at Manchester, 12.2% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Courville at Manchester, 16.09% of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients that were able to retain mobility. Some experts would argue that mobility is vital to residents' physical and mental health.
In Courville at Manchester, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Courville at Manchester, 16.09% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Courville at Manchester, 18.51% of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Courville at Manchester, 79.74% of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Manchester, NH
- Overall Rating has a grade of A
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Manchester, New Hampshire has 8 other nursing homes
- Catholic Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.11 miles away100 Mcgregor Street Manchester New Hampshire 03102Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 668-3545
- Elliot HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.23 miles away1 Elliot Way Manchester New Hampshire 03103Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 669-5300
- Parkland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.68 miles away1 Parkland Drive Derry New Hampshire 03038Proprietary(603) 421-2100
- New Hampshire Hosp-Psych UnitPsychiatric 13.59 miles away36 Clinton Street Concord New Hampshire 03301Government - State(603) 271-5300
- Concord HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.08 miles away250 Pleasant St Concord New Hampshire 03301Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 225-2711
- Southern Nh Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.52 miles away8 Prospect Street Nashua New Hampshire 03060Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 577-2000
- St Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.93 miles away172 Kinsley St Nashua New Hampshire 03060Voluntary non-profit - Other(603) 882-3000
- Manchester Kidney Center0.17 miles away1750 Elm Street Suite 100 Manchester New Hampshire 03103CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (603) 647-4042
- Davita Manchester Dialysis1.16 miles away903 Hanover Street Manchester New Hampshire 03104Dialysis Stations: 10 (603) 621-4903
- Bedford Dialysis Davita4.04 miles away15 Constitution Dr, Suite 1c Bedford New Hampshire 03110Dialysis Stations: 13 (603) 471-1904
- Davita Derry Dialysis9.01 miles away1 Action Blvd suite2 Londonderry New Hampshire 03053Dialysis Stations: 13 (603) 421-9724
- Fresenius Medical Care Londonderry9.01 miles away1f Common Drive Londonderry New Hampshire 03053Dialysis Stations: 13 (603) 434-4517
- New Hampshire Kidney Center (Fmc)14.31 miles away248 Pleasant Street Pillsbury Bldg., g400 Concord New Hampshire 03301CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (603) 224-9996
- Fresenius Medical Care Southern Nh Dialysis Center15.02 miles away586 Nashua St Unit #20 Milford New Hampshire 03055Dialysis Stations: 13 (603) 672-6678
- Bio-Medical Applications of New Hampshire, Inc.15.75 miles away20 Cotton Road Suite 200 Nashua New Hampshire 03063Dialysis Stations: 21 (603) 577-4547