Courtyards of Orlando Care Center is one of eight available facilities in Orlando, Florida. Sporting an overall rating of B-, this is a middle of the road nursing home. Based on our analysis, this place ought to meet the needs of many people. This nursing home is stronger in some categories than others, but it didn't have any poor grades in any of our major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Courtyards of Orlando Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Orlando senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
On top of having a decent overall score, we also would like to point out that this facility earned favorable inspections in recent years. We gave them one of our better scores in that area, with a B+. This is a notably better grade than the nursing home's overall grade. These inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this nursing home had some minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G through L. This tells you the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Remember that deficiency-free inspections are rare in the industry.
Long-term Care Quality
We also awarded this nursing home an impressive grade in long-term care. This facility earned a grade of B+ in this category, which is one of our higher scores. When facilities receive this type of score in this category it is a good sign for resident care and suggests that the facility is well-staffed with nurses aids. One of the factors we considered in addition to nursing hours was vaccines. This facility administered the pneumonia vaccination to 99.184784 percent of its patients. Vaccination is a great way to minimize negative health outcomes for the nursing home population. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Courtyards of Orlando Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was awarded a positive score in our short-term care category. We gave this facility a better than average grade of B in this category. With our short-term care rating, we endeavor to forge a fair gauge for rehabilitation. In this process, we analyze a nursing home's offerings of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. It does not look like this facility provided registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. Finally, we considered the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Moving on to our last area, this nursing home was awarded a respectable nursing score of B-. In calculating a facility's nursing rating, we consider the amount of time nurses are caring for residents and the skill levels of those nurses. This nursing home averages just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low figure. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility surprisingly fared better in some of the quality-based metrics we assessed. It performed well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Courtyards of Orlando Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Courtyards of Orlando Care Center, 9.19% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Courtyards of Orlando Care Center, 2.87% of Patients had Serious Falls
This gauges the percentage of long-term residents who have sustained a fall resulting in severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Courtyards of Orlando Care Center, 1.78% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of long-term residents who had a UTI. While a higher rate of these infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it is difficult to compare between nursing homes due to differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Courtyards of Orlando Care Center, 10.42% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients given antipsychotic medications. These drugs are used for a variety of medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Courtyards of Orlando Care Center, 21.31% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety medications. These drugs are commonly prescribed to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Courtyards of Orlando Care Center, 2.53% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents demonstrating symptoms of depression. Higher levels of depression may be an indicator worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Courtyards of Orlando Care Center, 95.81% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Courtyards of Orlando Care Center, 12.69% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could indicate the deterioration of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Courtyards of Orlando Care Center, 14.03% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Courtyards of Orlando Care Center, 2.07 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is critical to the physical health of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Courtyards of Orlando Care Center, 14.03 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Courtyards of Orlando Care Center, 9.64 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Courtyards of Orlando Care Center, 77.72% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Orlando, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Orlando, Florida has 7 other nursing homes
- Adventhealth OrlandoAcute Care Hospitals 3.71 miles away601 E Rollins St Orlando Florida 32803Voluntary non-profit - Private(407) 303-1976
- Orlando Health Orlando Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.21 miles away52 W Underwood St Orlando Florida 32806Voluntary non-profit - Private(321) 843-8000
- Health CentralAcute Care Hospitals 5.96 miles away10000 W Colonial Dr Ocoee Florida 34761Government - State(407) 296-1820
- Oviedo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.94 miles away8300 Red Bug Lake Rd Oviedo Florida 32765Proprietary(407) 890-2100
- Nemours Children's HospitalChildrens 16.01 miles away13535 Nemours Pkwy Orlando Florida 32827Voluntary non-profit - Private(407) 567-4000
- Osceola Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.39 miles away700 West Oak Street Kissimmee Florida 34741Proprietary(407) 846-2266
- Central Florida Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.53 miles away1401 W Seminole Blvd Sanford Florida 32771Proprietary(407) 321-4500
- West Orange Orlando Dialysis Center LLC1.03 miles away828 Mercy Drive Suite 2 Orlando Florida 32808Dialysis Stations: 16 (321) 710-0352
- Central Orlando Dialysis1.49 miles away2548 N Orange Blossom Trail #400 Orlando Florida 32804CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (407) 246-5081
- Orlando Park Dialysis1.83 miles away5397 West Colonial Drive, Suite #120 Orlando Florida 32808CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (407) 532-3109
- Bma - West Orlando2.08 miles away5600 W Colonial Dr Ste 101 Orlando Florida 32808Dialysis Stations: 20 (407) 297-3777
- Orlando North Dialysis3.15 miles away5135 Adanson St Ste 700 Orlando Florida 32804Dialysis Stations: 16 (407) 539-3998
- Florida Hospital Esrd3.76 miles away601 E Rollins St Orlando Florida 32803Dialysis Stations: 12 (407) 303-1985
- Central Florida Kidney Centers Inc3.83 miles away203 Ernestine Street Orlando Florida 32801CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (407) 843-6110
- Orlando Home Training Dialysis4.19 miles away116 Sturtevant St Ste 2 Orlando Florida 32806Dialysis Stations: 4 (407) 849-1567