Courtyards of Orlando Care Center is an average-sized nursing home located in Orlando, Florida. Sporting an overall grade of B, this appears to be a very respectable nursing home. Even in a city of 20 other nursing homes, this nursing home turns out to be a respectable option. This nursing home is stronger in some categories than others, but it did not have any poor grades in any of the major categories discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Courtyards of Orlando Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
On top of performing well in its overall grade, this facility performed at an even higher level in the area of inspections. In fact, it received a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A-. Our inspection scores are tied to many items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that excel in this category typically have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. Although this facility had a few deficiencies on its report, none were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility received strong marks in the category of long-term care as well. Indeed, it received one of our most dominant scores in that area with a score of A-. In a long-term care setting, the facility's primary objective is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. In addition to looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 88.3792 percent of its residents, which is slightly less than we were hoping for. Although its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we had hoped, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.04 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Courtyards of Orlando Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
The third highest category we gave this facility in any category came in the area of short-term care, where we awarded it a C. With our short-term care category, we seek to craft a fair gauge for rehabilitation. In doing so, we analyze the facility's level of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. We were not able to locate information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Finally, we assessed the number of residents that ultimately were able to return home from this facility. We found that 4.7 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit below average.
The next category we scored was nursing. We awarded this nursing home a C in this category. Our nursing grade features a host of subcategories. The most heavily weighted factor is the number of hours nurses spend with residents. This nursing home provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This figure is far below the national average. Lastly, nursing ratings also consider quality-based measures, such as preventing major falls. Despite not having the highest total nursing hours, this nursing home actually performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is often an indicator that a facility has sufficient quality controls in place. Many falls can be avoided if a facility supplies enough nurses to assist its patients.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Courtyards of Orlando Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Courtyards of Orlando Care Center, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term residents that developed new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Courtyards of Orlando Care Center, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are often the result of poor nursing care. Better nursing protocols can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Courtyards of Orlando Care Center, 1.82% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term residents who had a UTI. UTI's could be a sign of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this datapoint can also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Courtyards of Orlando Care Center, 10.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure measures the percentage of long-term care residents who were administered antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may mean that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents in situations where such medications are not medically required. However, some nursing homes need to rely more on these drugs due to having more residents suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Courtyards of Orlando Care Center, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term care patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Courtyards of Orlando Care Center, 2.43% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Courtyards of Orlando Care Center, 94.61% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Courtyards of Orlando Care Center, 13.17% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could indicate the deterioration of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Courtyards of Orlando Care Center, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Courtyards of Orlando Care Center, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is critical to the physical health of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Courtyards of Orlando Care Center, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Courtyards of Orlando Care Center, 9.19 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Courtyards of Orlando Care Center, 77.65% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Orlando, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Orlando, Florida has 19 other nursing homes
- Adventhealth OrlandoAcute Care Hospitals 3.71 miles away601 E Rollins St Orlando Florida 32803Voluntary non-profit - Private(407) 303-1976
- Orlando Health Orlando Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.21 miles away52 W Underwood St Orlando Florida 32806Voluntary non-profit - Private(321) 843-8000
- Health CentralAcute Care Hospitals 5.96 miles away10000 W Colonial Dr Ocoee Florida 34761Government - State(407) 296-1820
- Oviedo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.94 miles away8300 Red Bug Lake Rd Oviedo Florida 32765Proprietary(407) 890-2100
- Nemours Children's HospitalChildrens 16.01 miles away13535 Nemours Pkwy Orlando Florida 32827Voluntary non-profit - Private(407) 567-4000
- Osceola Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.39 miles away700 West Oak Street Kissimmee Florida 34741Proprietary(407) 846-2266
- Central Florida Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.53 miles away1401 W Seminole Blvd Sanford Florida 32771Proprietary(407) 321-4500
- West Orange Orlando Dialysis Center LLC1.03 miles away828 Mercy Drive Suite 2 Orlando Florida 32808Dialysis Stations: 16 (321) 710-0352
- Central Orlando Dialysis1.49 miles away2548 N Orange Blossom Trail #400 Orlando Florida 32804CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (407) 246-5081
- Orlando Park Dialysis1.83 miles away5397 West Colonial Drive, Suite #120 Orlando Florida 32808CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (407) 532-3109
- Bma - West Orlando2.08 miles away5600 W Colonial Dr Ste 101 Orlando Florida 32808Dialysis Stations: 20 (407) 297-3777
- Orlando North Dialysis3.15 miles away5135 Adanson St Ste 700 Orlando Florida 32804Dialysis Stations: 16 (407) 539-3998
- Florida Hospital Esrd3.76 miles away601 E Rollins St Orlando Florida 32803Dialysis Stations: 12 (407) 303-1985
- Central Florida Kidney Centers Inc3.83 miles away203 Ernestine Street Orlando Florida 32801CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (407) 843-6110
- Orlando Home Training Dialysis4.19 miles away116 Sturtevant St Ste 2 Orlando Florida 32806Dialysis Stations: 4 (407) 849-1567