Courtyard Nursing and Rehabilitation is an average-sized nursing home located in Houston, Texas. This facility was awarded an uninspiring overall grade of D, which is a relatively poor rating. Fortunately, if you aren't satisfied with this facility, there are 60 nursing homes to choose from in the city so you should be able to find a better option. Nevertheless, this nursing home surprisingly performed well in our inspections category, which you can find more information about below.
Courtyard Nursing and Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Although we did not rate this nursing home favorably overall, we want to point out its nearly flawless health inspections in recent years. We awarded them an A in this category. Inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this facility had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. A couple minor deficiencies are not the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's second best category was long-term care, but it nevertheless earned just a D in that category. This is still a relatively poor score. If you are seeking services other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each facility's long-term care scores. After considering the amount of care provided by nurses, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination statistics. We were optimistic to discover that this facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia. To our surprise, this place also keeps its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had just 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Does this page answer your questions about Courtyard Nursing and Rehabilitation?
Short-term Care Quality
We gave this facility just a D for our short-term care grade. This is not an impressive grade. Our short-term care scores are based in part on a nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This includes a broad spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. With a grade this poor in this category, we were not stunned to discover this facility was below average in the two key staffing areas we assess. In fact, it supplied far fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other facilities. The final item we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients that who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 0 percent of its residents returning home. Unfortunately, this was well below average.
The next category we rated was nursing. It received a lowly F in this category, which is a bottom of the barrel score. We looked at the licensure of nurses at the nursing home, as well as the quantity of hours those nurses were with residents, in calculating our grade in this category. This place offered only 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This is not a very impressive figure. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing ratings. This nursing home performed well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Courtyard Nursing and Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Courtyard Nursing and Rehabilitation, 7.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents who suffer from pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Courtyard Nursing and Rehabilitation, 3.28% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents which experienced a fall resulting in severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indicator of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Courtyard Nursing and Rehabilitation, 1.64% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely the result of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this statistic could also be skewed for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Courtyard Nursing and Rehabilitation, 11.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are sometimes used for treating several medical conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Courtyard Nursing and Rehabilitation, 22.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Courtyard Nursing and Rehabilitation, 4.66% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Courtyard Nursing and Rehabilitation, 94.73% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Courtyard Nursing and Rehabilitation, 17.29% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and taking a bath. Many in the industry argue that this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Courtyard Nursing and Rehabilitation, 18.08% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Courtyard Nursing and Rehabilitation, 18.08 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Scores for Houston, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Houston, Texas has 59 other nursing homes
- Harris Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 5.81 miles away2525 Holly Hall Houston Texas 77054Government - Hospital District or Authority(713) 566-6417
- Chi St Luke's Health Baylor College of Medicine MeAcute Care Hospitals 6.37 miles away7200 Cambridge, 11th Floor Houston Texas 77030Voluntary non-profit - Church(832) 355-1000
- Hca Houston Healthcare SoutheastAcute Care Hospitals 6.57 miles away4000 Spencer Hwy Pasadena Texas 77504Proprietary(713) 359-1000
- Park Plaza HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.61 miles away1313 Hermann Dr Houston Texas 77004Proprietary(713) 527-5019
- St Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.64 miles away1401 St. Joseph Parkway Houston Texas 77002Proprietary(713) 757-1000
- Womans Hospital of Texas,TheAcute Care Hospitals 6.72 miles away7600 Fannin Houston Texas 77054Proprietary(713) 790-1234
- Sun Behavioral HoustonPsychiatric 6.75 miles away7601 Fannin Street Houston Texas 77054Proprietary(713) 795-5025
- Memorial Hermann Texas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.89 miles away6411 Fannin Houston Texas 77030Voluntary non-profit - Private(713) 704-3700
- Gulfgate Kidney Center1.77 miles away2916 Woodridge Drive Houston Texas 77087Dialysis Stations: 28 (346) 772-0517
- Southeast Kidney Center1.95 miles away8537 Gulf Freeway Bldg A Houston Texas 77017CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (713) 947-9564
- Davita Physicians Dialysis South Houston2.48 miles away5989 South Loop East Houston Texas 77033Dialysis Stations: 24 (713) 641-6130
- Lone Star Dialysis2.73 miles away8560 Monroe Houston Texas 77061CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 48 (713) 378-6094
- Fmc Sunnyside3.82 miles away8340 Coffee Houston Texas 77033Dialysis Stations: 25 (713) 731-7027
- Central Houston Dialysis4.2 miles away610 South Wayside Suite B Houston Texas 77011Dialysis Stations: 20 (713) 928-8188
- Baylor College of Medicine-Scott Street Dialysis4.47 miles away6120 Scott Street, Suite F Houston Texas 77021CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (713) 741-7059
- Clutch City Dialysis Center4.5 miles away5910 Scott Street Suite A Houston Texas 77021CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (713) 748-0554