Courtyard Manor Nurse Care Center & Assisted Liv is a senior living facility in Lafayette, Louisiana, a city with a population of 151,705 people. We gave it an overall grade of B-, which is a middle of the pack rating. This grade was right in line with the city grade in Lafayette. The best part of this nursing home's report card was its exemplary inspection reports. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph.
Courtyard Manor Nurse Care Center & Assisted Liv
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Meal Delivery
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
We want to draw your attention to the fact that this facility really outperformed its overall score in the category of inspections. In fact, it received an excellent government inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a grade of A. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating these inspection grades. One key factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these end up being relatively minor. Although this place had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' scale. Keep in mind that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in this industry.
Long-term Care Quality
Additionally, we gave this facility a B+ in our long-term care category. This is one of our more impressive scores. Nursing homes that receive this type of score in this category tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to make sure patients are kept in good health. Once we concluded our assessment of the amount of care provided by nurses, we next considered the facility's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia sadly can be a life threatening ailment for nursing home patients so we strongly prefer when a nursing home does not leave its residents vulnerable. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Courtyard Manor Nurse Care Center & Assisted Liv?
This nursing home's nursing grade appears to be one of its better features. The facility received a grade of C in this category. The nursing rating consists of many factors, but the main one is the level of nurse hours spent with patients. This nursing home provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This figure is far below the national average. Finally, our nursing scores also factor in quality-based measures, such as preventing major falls. Despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours per resident, this place actually performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is usually a good indicator that a nursing home has sufficient quality controls in place. Some falls can be avoided if a nursing home provides enough nurses aids to assist its patients.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we scored was short-term care, which proved to be this facility's least impressive area. We gave it an abysmal F for this area, which is certainly concerning. Short-term care grades are generally used to measure a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation. To provide highly graded rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to feature better levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other highly trained professionals. In this nursing home's case, we found that it provides less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. The final measure we considered in this area is the number of patients who returned home from the nursing home. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 4 percent of its patients returning home. Unfortunately, this was well below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Courtyard Manor Nurse Care Center & Assisted Liv Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Courtyard Manor Nurse Care Center & Assisted Liv, 9.76% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care reduces the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Courtyard Manor Nurse Care Center & Assisted Liv, 3.46% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients which have suffered a fall which caused severe injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be a sign of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Courtyard Manor Nurse Care Center & Assisted Liv, 2.79% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Courtyard Manor Nurse Care Center & Assisted Liv, 16.28% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Courtyard Manor Nurse Care Center & Assisted Liv, 22.6% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are generally used to treat patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Courtyard Manor Nurse Care Center & Assisted Liv, 1.48% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients exhibiting depressive symptoms. Increased levels of depression could indicate a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Courtyard Manor Nurse Care Center & Assisted Liv, 89.54% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Courtyard Manor Nurse Care Center & Assisted Liv, 17.84% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom. Many would argue this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Courtyard Manor Nurse Care Center & Assisted Liv, 15.38% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Courtyard Manor Nurse Care Center & Assisted Liv, 2.05 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is critical to maintaining the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Courtyard Manor Nurse Care Center & Assisted Liv, 15.38 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Courtyard Manor Nurse Care Center & Assisted Liv, 12.77 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Scores for Lafayette, LA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Lafayette, Louisiana has 7 other nursing homes
- University Hospital & ClinicsAcute Care Hospitals 4.76 miles away2390 West Congress Lafayette Louisiana 70506Voluntary non-profit - Private(337) 261-6000
- Lafayette General Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.18 miles away1214 Coolidge Avenue Lafayette Louisiana 70503Voluntary non-profit - Private(337) 289-7991
- Heart Hospital of LafayetteAcute Care Hospitals 7.13 miles away1105 Kaliste Saloom Road Lafayette Louisiana 70508Proprietary(337) 521-1000
- St Martin HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 7.2 miles away210 Champagne Boulevard Breaux Bridge Louisiana 70517Voluntary non-profit - Private(337) 332-2178
- Our Lady of Lourdes Regional Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 8.95 miles away4801 Ambassador Caffery Parkway Lafayette Louisiana 70508Voluntary non-profit - Private(337) 470-2100
- Acadia St LandryCritical Access Hospitals 14.47 miles away810 South Broadway Street Church Point Louisiana 70525Government - Hospital District or Authority(337) 684-5435
- Opelousas General Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 18.62 miles away539 East Prudhomme Street Opelousas Louisiana 70570Government - Hospital District or Authority(337) 948-3011
- Fmcna - North Lafayette2.08 miles away910 Martin Luther King Dr Lafayette Louisiana 70501Dialysis Stations: 18 (337) 234-0084
- Dci - Kidney Treatment Options Ctr, LLC (Ktoc)2.94 miles away301 Alcide Dominique Road Lafayette Louisiana 70506Dialysis Stations: 26 (337) 456-7400
- Fmcna - East Lafayette3.89 miles away1340 Surrey Lafayette Louisiana 70501Dialysis Stations: 15 (337) 264-1265
- Dci - Kidney Care of Acadiana-Lafayette4.11 miles away224 St Landry Ste 3c Lafayette Louisiana 70506Dialysis Stations: 10 (337) 231-5511
- Fmcna - Breaux Bridge6.67 miles away100 Champagne Blvd Bldg A Breaux Bridge Louisiana 70517Dialysis Stations: 12 (337) 332-6817
- Fmcna - West Lafayette6.79 miles away2804 Ambassador Caffery Pkwy Lafayette Louisiana 70506CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (337) 984-7299
- Davita - Youngsville Dialysis8.45 miles away314 Youngsville Hwy, Ste 125 Lafayette Louisiana 70508Dialysis Stations: 15 (337) 837-5044
- Fmcna - Sunset9.79 miles away115 Acorn St Sunset Louisiana 70584Dialysis Stations: 16 (337) 662-3702