Courtyard Manor Nurse Care Center & Assisted Liv is a senior living facility in Lafayette, Louisiana, a city with a population of 151,705 people. We gave it an overall grade of C, which is a middle of the pack rating. This grade was right in line with the city grade in Lafayette, which admittedly is admittedly a little below average nationally. The best part of this facility's profile is its exemplary inspection score. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Courtyard Manor Nurse Care Center & Assisted Liv
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Lafayette senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Meal Delivery
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a respectable nursing home overall, this place really excelled in the area of inspections, where it received an A. Few nursing homes performed better in this category. Our inspection scores weigh a host of factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with better scores in this area tend to have few severe deficiencies. Fortunately, although this facility had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A few minor deficiencies should not stop you from considering a nursing home.
Long-term Care Quality
Another one of this facility's more favorable category grades came in the area of long-term care. In that category, we awarded this facility a B. When facilities receive a score in this range in long-term care it typically means it has plenty of staff and is an overall good place to reside on a permanent basis. After looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 99.62264 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is more than the majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Courtyard Manor Nurse Care Center & Assisted Liv?
Another strength of this facility is its favorable grade in nursing. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of D. The nursing score consists of several datapoints, most of which are tied to quantities of nurse staffing. This place provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This is an alarmingly low total. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing ratings. This facility fared well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these datapoints to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's least impressive category was short-term care, which is the final area we looked at. It received an F for this area. Despite multiple decent scores in other areas, this score is nevertheless disappointing so we would like to to draw your attention to it. Short-term care grades are generally used to measure a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation. To provide highly graded rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to feature better levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other highly trained professionals. Considering its score in this area, we weren't surprised to discover that this facility is well below average in terms of its quantity of registered nurse and physical therapy hours offered to its residents based on the measures we looked at. Frankly, this was what we expected to find. Lastly, we considered the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that just 4 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Courtyard Manor Nurse Care Center & Assisted Liv Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Courtyard Manor Nurse Care Center & Assisted Liv, 10% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Courtyard Manor Nurse Care Center & Assisted Liv, 3.48% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are often the result of lower levels of patient supervision. More supervision minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Courtyard Manor Nurse Care Center & Assisted Liv, 2.69% of Patients had UTIs
This measures the percent of long-term stay residents who experienced a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be an indicator of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this metric could also be skewed for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Courtyard Manor Nurse Care Center & Assisted Liv, 16.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of long-term residents who are administered antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of patients suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Courtyard Manor Nurse Care Center & Assisted Liv, 22.29% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Courtyard Manor Nurse Care Center & Assisted Liv, 1.51% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Some experts believe that this is a measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Courtyard Manor Nurse Care Center & Assisted Liv, 85.51% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Courtyard Manor Nurse Care Center & Assisted Liv, 19.03% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and taking a bath. Some experts believe that this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Courtyard Manor Nurse Care Center & Assisted Liv, 13.75% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Courtyard Manor Nurse Care Center & Assisted Liv, 2.4 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Courtyard Manor Nurse Care Center & Assisted Liv, 13.75 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Courtyard Manor Nurse Care Center & Assisted Liv, 13.45 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of short-term care.
- University Hospital & ClinicsAcute Care Hospitals 4.76 miles away2390 West Congress Lafayette Louisiana 70506Voluntary non-profit - Private(337) 261-6000
- Lafayette General Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.18 miles away1214 Coolidge Avenue Lafayette Louisiana 70503Voluntary non-profit - Private(337) 289-7991
- Heart Hospital of LafayetteAcute Care Hospitals 7.13 miles away1105 Kaliste Saloom Road Lafayette Louisiana 70508Proprietary(337) 521-1000
- St Martin HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 7.2 miles away210 Champagne Boulevard Breaux Bridge Louisiana 70517Voluntary non-profit - Private(337) 332-2178
- Our Lady of Lourdes Regional Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 8.95 miles away4801 Ambassador Caffery Parkway Lafayette Louisiana 70508Voluntary non-profit - Private(337) 470-2100
- Acadia St LandryCritical Access Hospitals 14.47 miles away810 South Broadway Street Church Point Louisiana 70525Government - Hospital District or Authority(337) 684-5435
- Opelousas General Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 18.62 miles away539 East Prudhomme Street Opelousas Louisiana 70570Government - Hospital District or Authority(337) 948-3011
- Fmcna - North Lafayette2.08 miles away910 Martin Luther King Dr Lafayette Louisiana 70501Dialysis Stations: 18 (337) 234-0084
- Dci - Kidney Treatment Options Ctr, LLC (Ktoc)2.94 miles away301 Alcide Dominique Road Lafayette Louisiana 70506Dialysis Stations: 26 (337) 456-7400
- Fmcna - East Lafayette3.89 miles away1340 Surrey Lafayette Louisiana 70501Dialysis Stations: 15 (337) 264-1265
- Dci - Kidney Care of Acadiana-Lafayette4.11 miles away224 St Landry Ste 3c Lafayette Louisiana 70506Dialysis Stations: 10 (337) 231-5511
- Fmcna - Breaux Bridge6.67 miles away100 Champagne Blvd Bldg A Breaux Bridge Louisiana 70517Dialysis Stations: 12 (337) 332-6817
- Fmcna - West Lafayette6.79 miles away2804 Ambassador Caffery Pkwy Lafayette Louisiana 70506CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (337) 984-7299
- Davita - Youngsville Dialysis8.45 miles away314 Youngsville Hwy, Ste 125 Lafayette Louisiana 70508Dialysis Stations: 15 (337) 837-5044
- Fmcna - Sunset9.79 miles away115 Acorn St Sunset Louisiana 70584Dialysis Stations: 16 (337) 662-3702