Courtyard Health Care Center is an average-sized facility located in Davis, California. This is a fine facility. We awarded this it an overall grade of B+, which is very good grade. Based on the data we reviewed, you could do much worse than this facility. The best part of this facility's strong report card is its short-term care rating. short-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph
Courtyard Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
1850 East 8th Street,
Davis CA 95616
95.53% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a quality nursing home overall, this facility excelled in the area of short-term care, where it received an impressive grade of A. Few facilities fared better in this category. In determining our short-term care grades, we assess the facility's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This grade is often a solid measure of a facility's rehabilitation services. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents who ultimately returned home from this nursing home. We found that 5.6 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
One of the other reasons we rated this facility so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing grade. In fact, nursing turned out to be its second best category grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A-. Our nursing rating is mostly associated with the nursing home's nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Courtyard Health Care Center?
Turning to another of this nursing home's strengths, it also earned a very impressive inspection rating. In fact, inspections proved to be one of its best category grades. In that category, we awarded this facility an impressive grade of B+. Arguably the most critical factor we consider in computing our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places with better scores in this category typically avoided the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. Fortunately, although this place had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe made us feel better about this inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we rated was nursing, is this nursing home's worst category. We gave this facility a D in that area. This really was one of the couple of weak links on a very solid profile. In a long-term care setting, the facility's primary objective is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. Once we looked at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is better than the average nursing home. Surprisingly, this nursing home also fared well at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Courtyard Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Courtyard Health Care Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Courtyard Health Care Center, 1.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of long-term stay patients which experienced falls resulting in major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Courtyard Health Care Center, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This figure measures the percentage of long-term residents that suffered from UTI's. Although more of these infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it is problematic to compare between facilities due to nursing homes having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Courtyard Health Care Center, 10.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. These drugs are sometimes used for several medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Courtyard Health Care Center, 13.84% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Courtyard Health Care Center, 5.83% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Courtyard Health Care Center, 95.65% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Courtyard Health Care Center, 8.26% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and bathing. Many argue this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Courtyard Health Care Center, 10.41% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Courtyard Health Care Center, 1.78 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is important to preserving the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Courtyard Health Care Center, 10.41 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Courtyard Health Care Center, 11.34 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Courtyard Health Care Center, 79.12% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements.
- Sutter Davis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.47 miles away2000 Sutter Place Davis California 95616Voluntary non-profit - Private(530) 756-6440
- Woodland Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.53 miles away1325 Cottonwood Street Woodland California 95695Voluntary non-profit - Other(530) 662-3961
- Sutter Medical Center, SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 13.92 miles away2825 Capitol Avenue Sacramento California 95816Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 733-8999
- University of California Davis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.55 miles away2315 Stockton Boulevard Sacramento California 95817Voluntary non-profit - Other(916) 734-2011
- Mercy General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.84 miles away4001 J St Sacramento California 95819Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 453-4453
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - VacavilleAcute Care Hospitals 15.79 miles away1 Quality Drive Vacaville California 95688Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 624-4000
- Kaiser Foundation Hosp So SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 17.43 miles away6600 Bruceville Road Sacramento California 95823Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 688-2000
- Methodist Hospital of SacramentoAcute Care Hospitals 17.99 miles away7500 Hospital Drive Sacramento California 95823Voluntary non-profit - Private(916) 423-6010
- Joy of Dixon Dialysis Center8.47 miles away1640 North Lincoln Street Dixon California 95620Dialysis Stations: 11 (707) 693-8301
- Fmc Woodland9.22 miles away35 West Main Street Woodland California 95695CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (530) 668-4503
- Fmc Solano County9.39 miles away125 North Lincoln Street, Suite B Dixon California 95620Dialysis Stations: 12 (707) 678-6433
- West Sacramento Dialysis Clinic9.68 miles away3450 Industrial Boulevard Suite 100 West Sacramento California 95691CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (916) 371-4947
- Wellbound of Sacramento11.87 miles away2610 El Paseo Lane Suite f19 Sacramento California 95821Dialysis Stations: 4 (916) 486-8005
- Natomas Dialysis12.4 miles away30 g0ldenland Court Building G Sacramento California 95834CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (916) 285-6452
- Davita Arena Dialysis12.67 miles away2980 Advantage Way Sacramento California 95834Dialysis Stations: 24 (916) 575-7658
- Dci-Meadowview Dialysis Clinic13.31 miles away1545 Meadowview Rd., Suite 130-180 Sacramento California 95832Dialysis Stations: 24 (916) 392-1250