Courtyard Care Center is an average-sized nursing home located in San Jose, California. This facility was awarded an overall grade of B+, which is very favorable rating. You could definitely do much worse than this place. We were also pleased to find that this nursing home did not have any poor grades in any of the four major categories. Additional information about these categories is available below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Courtyard Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on San Jose senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this place received a great overall grade is that it received a very impressive nursing score. In that area, we awarded this nursing home an A. In calculating our nursing grades, we analyze both staffing levels and the skill levels of those nurses. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
Among this facility's other accomplishments is its high-end short-term care score. We gave them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of A-. Our short-term care ratings are based in part on a nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled nursing services. This includes a vast range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Courtyard Care Center?
This facility earned a B for its inspections rating. This is an above average score in this category. Inspection scores weigh several factors found on a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher scores in this area usually have very few of these severe deficiencies. Fortunately, although this nursing home had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G through L. This tells you the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe made us feel better about this inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we rated is long-term care. In that area, we awarded this nursing home a decent grade of B-. This ended up being this facility's least impressive category. In computing our long-term care ratings, we assess the assistance with daily living offered to a facility's patients. After looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination records. We were pleased to discover that this facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Finally, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Courtyard Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Courtyard Care Center, 2.86% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by remaining in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Courtyard Care Center, 1.77% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of long-term residents that sustained a fall leading to severe injury. We use this statistic in determining nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Courtyard Care Center, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often caused by a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this datapoint could also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Courtyard Care Center, 6.21% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. These medications may be used to treat several medical conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Courtyard Care Center, 9.86% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are given to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Courtyard Care Center, 0.56% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who are exhibiting signs of depression. Some believe that this is a reliable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Courtyard Care Center, 100% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Courtyard Care Center, 11.11% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Courtyard Care Center, 16.8% of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Courtyard Care Center, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is key to the physical health of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Courtyard Care Center, 16.8% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Courtyard Care Center, 16.76% of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Courtyard Care Center, 88.53% of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for San Jose, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? San Jose, California has 6 other nursing homes
- O'connor HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.73 miles away2105 Forest Avenue San Jose California 95128Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 947-2500
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Santa ClaraAcute Care Hospitals 1.78 miles away700 Lawrence Expressway Santa Clara California 95051Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 236-6400
- Kaiser Permanente Psychiatric Health Facility-SantPsychiatric 2.09 miles away3840 Homestead Road Santa Clara California 95051Proprietary(408) 851-4850
- Santa Clara Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.09 miles away751 South Bascom Avenue San Jose California 95128Government - Local(408) 885-5000
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.1 miles away2425 Samaritan Drive San Jose California 95124Proprietary(408) 559-2011
- El Camino HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.89 miles away2500 Grant Road Mountain View California 94040Government - Hospital District or Authority(650) 940-7000
- Regional Medical Center of San JoseAcute Care Hospitals 7.09 miles away225 N Jackson Avenue San Jose California 95116Government - Federal(408) 259-5000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-San JoseAcute Care Hospitals 10.87 miles away250 Hospital Parkway San Jose California 95119Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 972-7000
- Satellite Dialysis Stevens Creek0.59 miles away4360-a Stevens Creek Blvd San Jose California 95129CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 42 (408) 517-5777
- Stevens Creek Dialysis Center0.64 miles away275 Di Salvo Ave San Jose California 95128CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (408) 297-0103
- San Jose at Home0.69 miles away4400 Stevens Creek Blvd. Suite 50 San Jose California 95129Dialysis Stations: 4 (408) 985-2011
- Davita Santa Clara Dialysis Center1.84 miles away777 Lawrence Expressway Santa Clara California 95051Dialysis Stations: 24 (408) 243-1130
- Cornerhouse Dialysis Center2 miles away2005 Naglee Avenue San Jose California 95128Dialysis Stations: 16 (408) 998-0183
- Santa Clara Valley Renal Care Center2.01 miles away2220 Moorpark Avenue San Jose California 95128CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (408) 885-5730
- Satellite Healthcare San Jose2.17 miles away888 South Bascom Avenue San Jose California 95128CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (408) 855-6900
- Wellbound of San Jose LLC3.46 miles away1525 Meridian Avenue Suite 101 San Jose California 95125Dialysis Stations: 4 (408) 269-3600