Courtyard Care Center is an average-sized nursing home located in San Jose, California. This facility was awarded an overall grade of B, which is a very respectable rating. You could definitely do much worse than this place. We were also pleased to find that this nursing home did not have any poor grades in any of the four major categories. Additional information about these categories is available below.
Courtyard Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this place received a great overall grade is that it received a very impressive nursing score. In that area, we awarded this nursing home an A-. In calculating our nursing grades, we analyze both staffing levels and the skill levels of those nurses. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
Another one of this facility's above average category scores came in the area of short-term care. We gave them one of our better grades in that area, with a grade of B. Our short-term care ratings are based in part on a nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled nursing services. This includes a vast range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Courtyard Care Center?
This facility earned a B for its inspections rating. This is an above average score in this category. Inspection scores weigh several factors found on a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher scores in this area usually have very few of these severe deficiencies. Fortunately, although this nursing home had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G through L. This tells you the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe made us feel better about this inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
The next area we rated is long-term care. We awarded this facility a grade of C in that category. In determining our long-term care scores, we analyze the assistance with daily living received by a facility's patients. Once we looked at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination record. We were pleased to discover that this nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Finally, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Courtyard Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Courtyard Care Center, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents who are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Courtyard Care Center, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls are routinely caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Courtyard Care Center, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This metric gauges the percent of long-term patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Although a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it is problematic to compare different nursing homes due to facilities having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Courtyard Care Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to patients for a variety of medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Unfortunately, in some cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Courtyard Care Center, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are used to treat residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Courtyard Care Center, 4.64% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. High levels of depression may reveal a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Courtyard Care Center, 95.44% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Courtyard Care Center, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Courtyard Care Center, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term stay residents who maintained mobility.
In Courtyard Care Center, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Courtyard Care Center, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Courtyard Care Center, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Courtyard Care Center, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with activities of daily living usually correlates with successful rehabilitation.
Scores for San Jose, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? San Jose, California has 18 other nursing homes
- O'connor HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.73 miles away2105 Forest Avenue San Jose California 95128Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 947-2500
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Santa ClaraAcute Care Hospitals 1.78 miles away700 Lawrence Expressway Santa Clara California 95051Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 236-6400
- Kaiser Permanente Psychiatric Health Facility-SantPsychiatric 2.09 miles away3840 Homestead Road Santa Clara California 95051Proprietary(408) 851-4850
- Santa Clara Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.09 miles away751 South Bascom Avenue San Jose California 95128Government - Local(408) 885-5000
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.1 miles away2425 Samaritan Drive San Jose California 95124Proprietary(408) 559-2011
- El Camino HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.89 miles away2500 Grant Road Mountain View California 94040Government - Hospital District or Authority(650) 940-7000
- Regional Medical Center of San JoseAcute Care Hospitals 7.09 miles away225 N Jackson Avenue San Jose California 95116Government - Federal(408) 259-5000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-San JoseAcute Care Hospitals 10.87 miles away250 Hospital Parkway San Jose California 95119Voluntary non-profit - Private(408) 972-7000
- Satellite Dialysis Stevens Creek0.59 miles away4360-a Stevens Creek Blvd San Jose California 95129CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 42 (408) 517-5777
- Stevens Creek Dialysis Center0.64 miles away275 Di Salvo Ave San Jose California 95128CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (408) 297-0103
- San Jose at Home0.69 miles away4400 Stevens Creek Blvd. Suite 50 San Jose California 95129Dialysis Stations: 4 (408) 985-2011
- Davita Santa Clara Dialysis Center1.84 miles away777 Lawrence Expressway Santa Clara California 95051Dialysis Stations: 24 (408) 243-1130
- Cornerhouse Dialysis Center2 miles away2005 Naglee Avenue San Jose California 95128Dialysis Stations: 16 (408) 998-0183
- Santa Clara Valley Renal Care Center2.01 miles away2220 Moorpark Avenue San Jose California 95128CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (408) 885-5730
- Satellite Healthcare San Jose2.17 miles away888 South Bascom Avenue San Jose California 95128CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (408) 855-6900
- Wellbound of San Jose LLC3.46 miles away1525 Meridian Avenue Suite 101 San Jose California 95125Dialysis Stations: 4 (408) 269-3600