Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute – Golden Valley is in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The city has a variety of available nursing homes. With an overall score of A, this is undoubtedly an elite nursing home. This facility turned out to be one of the better facilities in the city, which has a good selection of nursing homes. One of the best aspects of this nursing home's remarkable profile is its short-term care rating. We discuss short-term care in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute – Golden Valley
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Minneapolis senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
- Aquatic Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Minnesota Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We also found that this nursing home excelled at short-term care. We awarded them a grade of A+ in this area. Our short-term care grades are based in part on a nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a wide spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other types of therapy. We were pleased to find that this nursing home employs both registered nurses and physical therapists. The same can't be said for all nursing homes. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.4 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Adding to its impressive category grades, this nursing home also excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned a grade of A. These inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute – Golden Valley?
This facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A-. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Our nursing score weighs numerous subcategories. The most heavily weighted variable is the quantity of hours nurses spend with residents. This particular nursing home provided 0.8 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our next area, this facility was awarded a strong long-term care score. While this isn't nearly as impressive as some of its other scores, this is still one of the better grades a facility can receive. When nursing homes receive a grade in this range in long-term care it generally means it has plenty of staff and is an overall good place to live on a permanent basis. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 96.92308 percent of its patients, which is more than the vast majority of nursing homes. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute – Golden Valley Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute – Golden Valley, 6.14% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric gauges the percent of long-term patients which suffer from pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are an barometer of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute – Golden Valley, 3.86% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . Major falls which result in injury are often caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute – Golden Valley, 2.89% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often linked to nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Better nursing care reduces the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Note that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute – Golden Valley, 15.26% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute – Golden Valley, 11.96% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly used to treat residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute – Golden Valley, 4.16% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who are showing symptoms of depression. Increased rates of depression may be an indicator a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute – Golden Valley, 94.15% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute – Golden Valley, 13.41% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute – Golden Valley, 15.86% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that were able to retain mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute – Golden Valley, 15.86 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute – Golden Valley, 77.42% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with activities of daily living typically correlates with superior rehabilitation.
Scores for Minneapolis, MN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Minneapolis, Minnesota has 15 other nursing homes
- North Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 1.1 miles away3300 Oakdale North Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 520-5200
- Hennepin County Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 3.75 miles away701 Park Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55415Government - Local(612) 873-3629
- Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MnChildrens 4.44 miles away2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 813-6112
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.65 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, FairviewAcute Care Hospitals 5.03 miles away2450 Riverside Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 273-3000
- Park Nicollet Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.25 miles away6500 Excelsior Blvd Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 993-5000
- Fairview Southdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.83 miles away6401 France Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55435Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 924-5100
- United HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.52 miles away333 North Smith Avenue Saint Paul Minnesota 55102Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 241-8810
- Robbinsdale Dialysis of Davita1.32 miles away3461 W Broadway Ave Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Dialysis Stations: 16 (763) 521-4865
- Fmc Dialysis - Golden Valley1.42 miles away6155 Duluth St Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Dialysis Stations: 18 (763) 544-0298
- Fmc - Robbinsdale Dialysis2.17 miles away4094 Lakeland Ave N Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Dialysis Stations: 24 (763) 533-3759
- Home Dialysis of Davita - Pd Unit3.85 miles away825 S 8th St Suite 1202, Pd Unit Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Dialysis Stations: 6 (612) 347-4458
- Minneapolis Dialysis of Davita4.28 miles away825 S 8th St, sl42 Minneapolis Minnesota 55404CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (612) 347-5972
- Bio-Medical Applications of Minnesota, Inc.4.41 miles away2637 Park Ave S Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Dialysis Stations: 14 (612) 872-1946
- Fresenius - St Louis Park Dialysis4.45 miles away5680 36th St W Minneapolis Minnesota 55416Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 926-0959
- St Louis Park Dialysis of Davita4.56 miles away3505 Louisiana Ave S Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Dialysis Stations: 28 (952) 285-1400