Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute's Trp is in Minneapolis, Minnesota, which features more than 20 nursing homes. Sporting an overall score of B, this is a fine nursing home. The nursing homes in Minneapolis received high scores across the board with a B+ city grade, making this one of the better places in Minnesota to find a nursing home. One of the better aspects of this nursing home's report card is its impressive short-term care rating, which you can find in the next section.
Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute's Trp
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a quality nursing home overall, this nursing home excelled in our short-term care category, where it earned an A. Our short-term care scores are thought to be more meaningful for patients needing rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation usually requires more highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means not just nursing services, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last statistic we considered in this category is the number of patients who eventually returned home from the facility. We found that 6 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
We also wanted to emphasize this nursing home's nearly flawless inspections in recent years. We gave them an A in this category. Perhaps the most critical factor we look at in calculating our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places with higher grades in this category typically avoided the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute's Trp?
Adding to its profile, this facility also earned a grade of B for its nursing rating. This is a well above average score in this category. When computing a nursing home's nursing score, we assess the amount of time nurses commit to patients and the level of skill of the nurses. This particular nursing home provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by having a policy of moving a patient even once per day.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to the last area, we awarded this nursing home a D for long-term care. This is the facility's worst category rating. Unfortunately, this category pulled down the nursing home's overall grade a bit. Nursing homes that don't fare well in long-term care typically are not as well-staffed and are lagging in some of the areas of routine personal care we assessed. After considering the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination statistics. We were a bit worried that this facility vaccinated 71.875 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is several points below the national average. To our surprise, this place actually fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This is its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute's Trp Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute's Trp, 6.84% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute's Trp, 4.32% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who experienced falls resulting in serious injury. We use this statistic in determining nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute's Trp, 2.81% of Patients had UTIs
This is an indication of the percent of long-term patients which have sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be an indication of a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this datapoint may also be skewed for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute's Trp, 16.37% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications are sometimes used for treating a variety of medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute's Trp, 12.17% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric tells you the percent of long-term care patients which are administered antianxiety drugs. These medications are used to treat patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute's Trp, 4.73% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute's Trp, 93.57% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute's Trp, 13.28% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may indicate the deterioration of a patient's well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute's Trp, 20.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute's Trp, 76.19% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living often correlates with successful rehabilitation.
Scores for Minneapolis, MN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Minneapolis, Minnesota has 52 other nursing homes
- North Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 1.1 miles away3300 Oakdale North Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 520-5200
- Hennepin County Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 3.75 miles away701 Park Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55415Government - Local(612) 873-3629
- Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MnChildrens 4.44 miles away2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 813-6112
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.65 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, FairviewAcute Care Hospitals 5.03 miles away2450 Riverside Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 273-3000
- Park Nicollet Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.25 miles away6500 Excelsior Blvd Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 993-5000
- Fairview Southdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.83 miles away6401 France Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55435Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 924-5100
- United HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.52 miles away333 North Smith Avenue Saint Paul Minnesota 55102Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 241-8810
- Robbinsdale Dialysis of Davita1.32 miles away3461 W Broadway Ave Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Dialysis Stations: 16 (763) 521-4865
- Fmc Dialysis - Golden Valley1.42 miles away6155 Duluth St Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Dialysis Stations: 18 (763) 544-0298
- Fmc - Robbinsdale Dialysis2.17 miles away4094 Lakeland Ave N Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Dialysis Stations: 24 (763) 533-3759
- Home Dialysis of Davita - Pd Unit3.85 miles away825 S 8th St Suite 1202, Pd Unit Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Dialysis Stations: 6 (612) 347-4458
- Minneapolis Dialysis of Davita4.28 miles away825 S 8th St, sl42 Minneapolis Minnesota 55404CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (612) 347-5972
- Bio-Medical Applications of Minnesota, Inc.4.41 miles away2637 Park Ave S Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Dialysis Stations: 14 (612) 872-1946
- Fresenius - St Louis Park Dialysis4.45 miles away5680 36th St W Minneapolis Minnesota 55416Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 926-0959
- St Louis Park Dialysis of Davita4.56 miles away3505 Louisiana Ave S Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Dialysis Stations: 28 (952) 285-1400