County Manor Rehabilitation & Hcc is in Tenafly, New Jersey. The city has a population of 14,573 people. Sporting an overall grade of A, this nursing home is among the best nursing homes we found. In fact, this facility has the prestigious distinction of being one of the 100 best nursing homes in New Jersey. This is an impressive achievement in a state with a long list of elite nursing homes. One of the best aspects of this facility's stellar profile is its inspection rating. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph.
County Manor Rehabilitation & Hcc
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
133 County Road,
Tenafly NJ 07670
92.31% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Top Nursing Home in New Jersey Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this facility had a few minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Among its many high-end grades, this facility was awarded a strong short-term care grade. In fact, we gave it a score of A in that category. In crafting these short-term care grades, we analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The goal is to create a scale for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about County Manor Rehabilitation & Hcc?
Adding to its impressive resume, this nursing home also excelled in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- for that category. When computing a facility's nursing score, we weigh the amount of time nurses are caring for residents and the levels of training of those nurses. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by having a system of turning a resident more often.
Long-term Care Quality
The fourth category we analyzed is long-term care, where this facility was given a grade of A-. This completed a very strong report card. Not many facilities earned an A- or higher in every single category. When nursing homes receive this type of grade in long-term care it is usually a good sign for patient care and suggests that the place is well-staffed with nurses and aids. After looking at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 99.39394 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is much higher than most nursing homes. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
County Manor Rehabilitation & Hcc Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In County Manor Rehabilitation & Hcc, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients which suffered from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In County Manor Rehabilitation & Hcc, 2.79% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care. More supervision can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In County Manor Rehabilitation & Hcc, 1.44% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In County Manor Rehabilitation & Hcc, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many patients, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In County Manor Rehabilitation & Hcc, 17.29% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are prescribed to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In County Manor Rehabilitation & Hcc, 6.37% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In County Manor Rehabilitation & Hcc, 89.73% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In County Manor Rehabilitation & Hcc, 10.05% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In County Manor Rehabilitation & Hcc, 10.04% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In County Manor Rehabilitation & Hcc, 1.88 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In County Manor Rehabilitation & Hcc, 10.04 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In County Manor Rehabilitation & Hcc, 9.47 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In County Manor Rehabilitation & Hcc, 81.82% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Englewood Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.85 miles away350 Engle St Englewood New Jersey 07631Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 894-3000
- St Joseph's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.34 miles away127 South Broadway Yonkers New York 10701Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 378-7000
- Holy Name Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.09 miles away718 Teaneck Rd Teaneck New Jersey 07666Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 833-3000
- Hackensack Meridian Health Pascack Valley MedicalAcute Care Hospitals 4.65 miles away250 Old Hook Road Westwood New Jersey 07675Proprietary(201) 383-1035
- St John's Riverside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.84 miles away976 North Broadway Yonkers New York 10701Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 964-4444
- Montefiore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.38 miles away111 East 210th Street Bronx New York 10467Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 920-4321
- Bergen New Bridge Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.55 miles away230 East Ridgewood Ave Paramus New Jersey 07652Government - Local(201) 967-4000
- Hackensack University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.93 miles away30 Prospect Ave Hackensack New Jersey 07601Voluntary non-profit - Private(551) 996-2000
- Fmc Englewood Dialysis Center2.59 miles away350 Engle Street Fl 1 Englewood New Jersey 07631CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (201) 503-1401
- Southern Westchester Dialysis Ctr3.26 miles away44 Vark Street Yonkers New York 10701CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (914) 965-0200
- Davita Renal Center of Englewood3.29 miles away300 Grand Avenue Suite 103 Englewood New Jersey 07631Dialysis Stations: 3 (201) 731-3149
- St. Josephs Hosp. Hlth Ctr-Yonkers3.31 miles away127 South Broadway Dialysis Unit Yonkers New York 10701Dialysis Stations: 6 (914) 378-7480
- Regency Dialysis Center3.55 miles away65 Ashburton Avenue Yonkers New York 10701Dialysis Stations: 12 (914) 963-4572
- Fmc Bergen Renal Home4.09 miles away222 Cedar Lane Suite 103 Teaneck New Jersey 07666Dialysis Stations: 2 (201) 692-0004
- Holy Name Renal Care Center, LLC4.12 miles away718 Teaneck Road Teaneck New Jersey 07666CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (201) 833-1701
- Fmc Bergen Rcc4.37 miles away647 Cedar Lane Teaneck New Jersey 07666CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (201) 692-1113