Sedgewood Manor is a small facility located in Hopkins, South Carolina. With an overall rating of B-, this looks like a decent nursing home. As far as we can see, this nursing home ought to be a good fit for quite a few people. One of the highlights of this nursing home's report card is its strong inspection rating, which we will address in the next section.
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
1645 Ridge Road,
Hopkins SC 29061
93.42% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
This facility earned a solid overall grade as described above, but we really wanted to point out its excellent health inspections in recent years. We awarded them an A- in this category. Inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this nursing home had some deficiencies on its report, none were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. A couple relatively minor deficiencies aren't necessarily something to panic about.
Another one of this nursing home's stronger areas was in the category of nursing care. In that area, we gave this facility a grade of B. Our nursing rating is mostly associated with a nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Sedgewood Manor?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's next most favorable area ended up being its short-term care grade, where it received a grade of B-. Short-term care scores are based on the nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled nursing services. This means a vast spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. We weren't able to find information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most facilities, closer to half of their residents are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we graded was long-term care, ended up being this facility's worst category. We awarded this facility a D in this category. This was one of just a few weak points of an otherwise impressive profile. For residents seeking a permanent residence as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care grades are a key measure. Once we looked at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination records. We were pleased to learn that this facility vaccinated 98.42519 percent of its patients against pneumonia. To our surprise, this place also fared well at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Sadly, a few of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Sedgewood Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Sedgewood Manor, 9.53% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term stay residents which suffered from pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a reliable measure of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Sedgewood Manor, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term residents which had falls which caused serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Sedgewood Manor, 3.18% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often associated with nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Better hygiene protocols can minimize the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Note that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Sedgewood Manor, 15.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to residents for a variety of medical conditions, such as dementia. Tragically, in limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Sedgewood Manor, 19.68% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Sedgewood Manor, 2.85% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. High levels of depression could be an indicator worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Sedgewood Manor, 88.92% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Sedgewood Manor, 14.02% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom. Some experts believe this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Sedgewood Manor, 20.24% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Sedgewood Manor, 20.24 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Sedgewood Manor, 73.11% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Prisma Health BaptistAcute Care Hospitals 11.2 miles away1330 Taylor at Marion St Columbia South Carolina 29220Voluntary non-profit - Private(803) 296-5678
- Providence HealthAcute Care Hospitals 11.61 miles away120 Gateway Corporate Blvd Columbia South Carolina 29203Proprietary(803) 256-5300
- Prisma Health Richland HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.69 miles away5 Medical Park Columbia South Carolina 29203Voluntary non-profit - Private(803) 296-2548
- Lexington Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.65 miles away2720 Sunset Blvd West Columbia South Carolina 29169Government - Hospital District or Authority(803) 791-2000
- Fresenius Medical Care Lower Richland4.95 miles away1840 Pineview Drive Columbia South Carolina 29209CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (803) 695-3628
- Dentsville Kidney Center9.71 miles away201 Columbia Mall Blvd Suite 141 Columbia South Carolina 29223Dialysis Stations: 10 (803) 865-1068
- Fresenius Medical Care Columbia11.24 miles away2125 Adams Grove Rd Columbia South Carolina 29203CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (803) 779-7511
- Fresenius Medical Care South Columbia11.24 miles away2139 Adams Grove Road Columbia South Carolina 29203Dialysis Stations: 21 (803) 779-4073
- Fmc Meadowlake Dialysis11.87 miles away7631 Wilson Blvd Columbia South Carolina 29203CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (803) 754-7377
- Central Columbia Kidney Center11.91 miles away3511 Medical Drive Columbia South Carolina 29203Dialysis Stations: 25 (803) 771-0518
- Fresenius Medical Care Midtown11.98 miles away150 Park Central Drive Columbia South Carolina 29203CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (803) 771-0107
- Fresenius Medical Care Columbia Home12.03 miles away121 Park Central Dr Columbia South Carolina 29203Dialysis Stations: 2 (803) 799-1266