Countryside Nursing & Rehab Center is located in Dolton, Illinois. The city has a population of 22,788 people. Featuring an overall rating of F, we consider this to be a lower end facility. Based on our ratings, this facility probably isn't a good fit for anyone. We would not blame you if you are ready to stop reading and find another nursing home. However, if you want to learn more about this facility's category grades, we will discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
Countryside Nursing & Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
1635 East 154th Street,
Dolton IL 60419
77.61% estimated occupancy 1
Note: Countryside Nursing & Rehab Center has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
While we graded this facility incredibly poorly overall, it received a fairly respectable inspection report this year. As a result, it received a decent grade in that category with a score of B-. Our inspection grades weigh a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we rely on is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. This facility was hit with 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This indicates that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to create an immediate threat to resident health or safety. Lastly, this facility was flagged by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. We prefer to avoid facilities with this designation. Please do your best to find an alternative nursing home.
Long-term Care Quality
Sadly, this nursing home only earned a D for its long-term care rating, which is actually one of its more respectable category grades. For prospective residents looking for a permanent place to live rather than rehabilitation, long-term care is a very important category. Once we concluded our assessment of the quantity of nursing care, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination statistics. We were optimistic to find that this facility vaccinated 99.67585 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Surprisingly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility has fewer hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. Sadly, some of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Does this page answer your questions about Countryside Nursing & Rehab Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Another issue was the F this facility was given in the category of short-term care. Our short-term care ratings are crucial for prospective residents in need of rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically requires additional skilled nursing. This includes a wide spectrum of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Not surprisingly, we learned that this facility provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the typical nursing home. Lastly, we considered the percentage of residents who who were able to eventually return home from this facility. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit off the national average.
The last area we looked at was nursing. This nursing home received a rock bottom grade of F in this category. Our nursing rating consists of many data points, however, the most important consideration is the level of nurse hours spent with patients. This facility provided just 0.2 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Countryside Nursing & Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Countryside Nursing & Rehab Center, 8.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often caused by patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can minimize the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Countryside Nursing & Rehab Center, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term stay patients which suffered falls leading to serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Countryside Nursing & Rehab Center, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often associated with facilities with worst hygiene practices. Better hygiene protocols can limit the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. We want to point out that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Countryside Nursing & Rehab Center, 18.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This measures the percentage of long-term residents which were given antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs aren't medically required. However, some nursing homes need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of patients suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Countryside Nursing & Rehab Center, 19.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are given to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Countryside Nursing & Rehab Center, 30.45% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients demonstrating signs of depression. High levels of depression could reveal a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Countryside Nursing & Rehab Center, 87.4% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Countryside Nursing & Rehab Center, 13.9% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Countryside Nursing & Rehab Center, 17.56% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that were able to retain mobility.
In Countryside Nursing & Rehab Center, 1.66 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Countryside Nursing & Rehab Center, 17.56 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Countryside Nursing & Rehab Center, 11.82 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the quality of nursing home care.
- Franciscan Health HammondAcute Care Hospitals 2.85 miles away5454 Hohman Ave Hammond Indiana 46320Voluntary non-profit - Church(219) 932-2300
- Ingalls Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.29 miles away1 Ingalls Drive Harvey Illinois 60426Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 333-2300
- Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.84 miles away901 Macarthur Blvd Munster Indiana 46321Voluntary non-profit - Private(219) 836-1600
- Roseland Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.86 miles away45 W 111th Street Chicago Illinois 60628Voluntary non-profit - Other(773) 995-3000
- Franciscan Health MunsterAcute Care Hospitals 6.35 miles away701 Superior Ave Munster Indiana 46321Voluntary non-profit - Private(219) 922-4200
- St Catherine Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 6.76 miles away4321 Fir St East Chicago Indiana 46312Voluntary non-profit - Private(219) 392-7004
- Advocate South Suburban HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.93 miles away17800 S Kedzie Ave Hazel Crest Illinois 60429Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 799-8000
- Advocate Trinity HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.69 miles away2320 E 93rd St Chicago Illinois 60617Voluntary non-profit - Other(773) 967-5002
- Davita - Calumet City Dialysis1.3 miles away1200 Sibley Blvd Calumet City Illinois 60409Dialysis Stations: 16 (708) 862-6454
- Fmc - Neomedica - South Holland2.36 miles away17225 S Paxton Ave South Holland Illinois 60473CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (708) 474-8700
- Davita - South Holland2.39 miles away16110 Lasalle Street South Holland Illinois 60473CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (708) 331-7697
- Hammond Dialysis Center2.75 miles away7 Sibley Street Hammond Indiana 46320Dialysis Stations: 29 (219) 937-2819
- Fmc - North Hammond2.82 miles away5454 Hohman Avenue Dialysis Unit on Campus Hammond Indiana 46320CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (219) 933-2089
- Davita - Hammond Dialysis2.92 miles away222 Douglas Street Hammond Indiana 46320CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (219) 932-1199
- Davita - Harvey Dialysis3.06 miles away16641 S. Halsted St., Ste A Harvey Illinois 60426Dialysis Stations: 18 (708) 210-9500
- Fmc - Liberty Dialysis - Hammond4.18 miles away7214 Calumet Avenue Hammond Indiana 46324CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (219) 228-4477