Countryside Nursing & Rehab Center is located in Dolton, Illinois. The city has a population of 22,788 people. Featuring an overall rating of F, we consider this to be a lower end facility. Based on our ratings, this facility probably isn't a good fit for anyone. We would not blame you if you are ready to stop reading and find another nursing home. However, if you want to learn more about this facility's category grades, we will discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
Countryside Nursing & Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Note: Countryside Nursing & Rehab Center has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
While we graded this facility incredibly poorly overall, it received a fairly respectable inspection report this year. As a result, it received a decent grade in that category with a score of B-. Our inspection grades weigh a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we rely on is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. This facility was hit with 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This indicates that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to create an immediate threat to resident health or safety. Lastly, this facility was flagged by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. We prefer to avoid facilities with this designation. Please do your best to find an alternative nursing home.
Long-term Care Quality
Sadly, this nursing home only earned a D for its long-term care rating, which is actually one of its more respectable category grades. For prospective residents looking for a permanent place to live rather than rehabilitation, long-term care is a very important category. Once we concluded our assessment of the quantity of nursing care, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination statistics. We were optimistic to find that this facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Surprisingly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility has fewer hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. Sadly, some of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Does this page answer your questions about Countryside Nursing & Rehab Center?
Among this nursing home's several poor grades was its F in the area of nursing care. We looked at the levels of nurses working for the facility, as well as the quantity of hours the nurses spent with residents, in calculating our score in this category. This place provided only 0.2 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing grades. This nursing home performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we analyzed was short-term care. This nursing home received a rock bottom grade of F in this area. Our short-term care scores are arguably more important for those in need of rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation generally requires more highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means not only nursing, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other types of therapy. As you might expect, we learned that this place offers significantly less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than a typical nursing home. Lastly, we considered the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that just 3.4 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Countryside Nursing & Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Countryside Nursing & Rehab Center, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term care residents which suffered from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Countryside Nursing & Rehab Center, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Major falls resulting in injury are often the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Countryside Nursing & Rehab Center, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are routinely linked to worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic may be skewed for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Countryside Nursing & Rehab Center, 18.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term stay patients which are prescribed antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents in situations where such medications are not medically required. Nevertheless, some nursing homes may need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of residents with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Countryside Nursing & Rehab Center, 19.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antianxiety medications. These medications are given to patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Countryside Nursing & Rehab Center, 29.8% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients demonstrating symptoms of depression. Many believe that this is a measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Countryside Nursing & Rehab Center, 87.49% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Countryside Nursing & Rehab Center, 14.23% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of the deterioration of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Countryside Nursing & Rehab Center, 19.34% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who retained mobility levels.
In Countryside Nursing & Rehab Center, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Countryside Nursing & Rehab Center, 19.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Countryside Nursing & Rehab Center, 11.45 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
- Franciscan Health HammondAcute Care Hospitals 2.85 miles away5454 Hohman Ave Hammond Indiana 46320Voluntary non-profit - Church(219) 932-2300
- Ingalls Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.29 miles away1 Ingalls Drive Harvey Illinois 60426Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 333-2300
- Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.84 miles away901 Macarthur Blvd Munster Indiana 46321Voluntary non-profit - Private(219) 836-1600
- Roseland Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.86 miles away45 W 111th Street Chicago Illinois 60628Voluntary non-profit - Other(773) 995-3000
- Franciscan Health MunsterAcute Care Hospitals 6.35 miles away701 Superior Ave Munster Indiana 46321Voluntary non-profit - Private(219) 922-4200
- St Catherine Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 6.76 miles away4321 Fir St East Chicago Indiana 46312Voluntary non-profit - Private(219) 392-7004
- Advocate South Suburban HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.93 miles away17800 S Kedzie Ave Hazel Crest Illinois 60429Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 799-8000
- Advocate Trinity HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.69 miles away2320 E 93rd St Chicago Illinois 60617Voluntary non-profit - Other(773) 967-5002
- Davita - Calumet City Dialysis1.3 miles away1200 Sibley Blvd Calumet City Illinois 60409Dialysis Stations: 16 (708) 862-6454
- Fmc - Neomedica - South Holland2.36 miles away17225 S Paxton Ave South Holland Illinois 60473CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (708) 474-8700
- Davita - South Holland2.39 miles away16110 Lasalle Street South Holland Illinois 60473CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (708) 331-7697
- Hammond Dialysis Center2.75 miles away7 Sibley Street Hammond Indiana 46320Dialysis Stations: 29 (219) 937-2819
- Fmc - North Hammond2.82 miles away5454 Hohman Avenue Dialysis Unit on Campus Hammond Indiana 46320CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (219) 933-2089
- Davita - Hammond Dialysis2.92 miles away222 Douglas Street Hammond Indiana 46320CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (219) 932-1199
- Davita - Harvey Dialysis3.06 miles away16641 S. Halsted St., Ste A Harvey Illinois 60426Dialysis Stations: 18 (708) 210-9500
- Fmc - Liberty Dialysis - Hammond4.18 miles away7214 Calumet Avenue Hammond Indiana 46324CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (219) 228-4477