Countryside Nursing & Rehab Center is located in Dolton, Illinois. The city has a population of 22,788 people. Featuring an overall rating of F, we consider this to be a lower end facility. Based on our ratings, this facility probably isn't a good fit for anyone. We would not blame you if you are ready to stop reading and find another nursing home. However, if you want to learn more about this facility's category grades, we will discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Countryside Nursing & Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Note: Countryside Nursing & Rehab Center has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
Get pricing and details on Dolton senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While we graded this facility incredibly poorly overall, it received a fairly respectable inspection report this year. As a result, it received a decent grade in that category with a score of B-. Our inspection grades weigh a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we rely on is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. This facility was hit with 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This indicates that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to create an immediate threat to resident health or safety. Lastly, this facility was flagged by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. We prefer to avoid facilities with this designation. Please do your best to find an alternative nursing home.
Long-term Care Quality
Surprisingly, we gave this facility a B- for its long-term care grade, which is not a bad grade. For prospective residents looking for a permanent place to live rather than rehabilitation, long-term care grades are very important. Once we concluded our assessment of the quantity of nursing care, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination statistics. We were optimistic to find that this facility vaccinated 99.48718 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Finally, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Countryside Nursing & Rehab Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's second least favorable category was short-term care, where it received a grade of just D in that category. This is a relatively poor score. Our short-term care scores are based in part on the nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This includes a vast range of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Based on its score in this area, we were not stunned to learn that this facility was well below average in terms of the quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours offered to its residents based on the data we looked at. The last item we assessed in this category is the number of patients that ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. This facility struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 0 percent of its patients returning home.
This nursing home's least impressive category was nursing, which is the final area we scored. In this area, we awarded this facility a grade of D. There are many data points within this area. Many of these factors relate to the quantity and quality of nurse staffing. This facility offered only 0.2 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is an alarmingly low total. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing grades. This facility fared well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Countryside Nursing & Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Countryside Nursing & Rehab Center, 3.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from remaining in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Countryside Nursing & Rehab Center, 1.54% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who have had a fall which resulted in serious injury. We use this statistic in determining nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Countryside Nursing & Rehab Center, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely associated with worse hygiene protocols. Better hygiene protocols minimizes the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Note that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Countryside Nursing & Rehab Center, 46.09% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to residents for a variety of conditions, including cognitive disorders. Tragically, in some situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Countryside Nursing & Rehab Center, 3.44% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure measures the percent of long-term residents that were given antianxiety medication. These medications are prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Countryside Nursing & Rehab Center, 91.18% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Countryside Nursing & Rehab Center, 99.74% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Countryside Nursing & Rehab Center, 6.38% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and bathing. Many in the industry argue this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Countryside Nursing & Rehab Center, 10.18% of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Countryside Nursing & Rehab Center, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Countryside Nursing & Rehab Center, 10.18% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
- Franciscan Health HammondAcute Care Hospitals 2.85 miles away5454 Hohman Ave Hammond Indiana 46320Voluntary non-profit - Church(219) 932-2300
- Ingalls Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.29 miles away1 Ingalls Drive Harvey Illinois 60426Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 333-2300
- Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.84 miles away901 Macarthur Blvd Munster Indiana 46321Voluntary non-profit - Private(219) 836-1600
- Roseland Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.86 miles away45 W 111th Street Chicago Illinois 60628Voluntary non-profit - Other(773) 995-3000
- Franciscan Health MunsterAcute Care Hospitals 6.35 miles away701 Superior Ave Munster Indiana 46321Voluntary non-profit - Private(219) 922-4200
- St Catherine Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 6.76 miles away4321 Fir St East Chicago Indiana 46312Voluntary non-profit - Private(219) 392-7004
- Advocate South Suburban HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.93 miles away17800 S Kedzie Ave Hazel Crest Illinois 60429Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 799-8000
- Advocate Trinity HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.69 miles away2320 E 93rd St Chicago Illinois 60617Voluntary non-profit - Other(773) 967-5002
- Davita - Calumet City Dialysis1.3 miles away1200 Sibley Blvd Calumet City Illinois 60409Dialysis Stations: 16 (708) 862-6454
- Fmc - Neomedica - South Holland2.36 miles away17225 S Paxton Ave South Holland Illinois 60473CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (708) 474-8700
- Davita - South Holland2.39 miles away16110 Lasalle Street South Holland Illinois 60473CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (708) 331-7697
- Hammond Dialysis Center2.75 miles away7 Sibley Street Hammond Indiana 46320Dialysis Stations: 29 (219) 937-2819
- Fmc - North Hammond2.82 miles away5454 Hohman Avenue Dialysis Unit on Campus Hammond Indiana 46320CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (219) 933-2089
- Davita - Hammond Dialysis2.92 miles away222 Douglas Street Hammond Indiana 46320CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (219) 932-1199
- Davita - Harvey Dialysis3.06 miles away16641 S. Halsted St., Ste A Harvey Illinois 60426Dialysis Stations: 18 (708) 210-9500
- Fmc - Liberty Dialysis - Hammond4.18 miles away7214 Calumet Avenue Hammond Indiana 46324CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (219) 228-4477