Countryside Manor Health & Living Community is in Anderson, Indiana. This nursing home received an overall score of F. At the end of the day, you would be better off to steer clear of this facility. More information on this facility's category grades may be found below. Its best category was short-term care, which is discussed in the next paragraph.
Countryside Manor Health & Living Community
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
Even though we gave this nursing home a terrible overall grade, we awarded it a B for our short-term care rating. Our short-term care grade is often employed to measure a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation. To provide high-end rehabilitation services, facilities generally must feature higher levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other highly skilled individuals. It doesn't appear that this nursing home provided information on registered nurse or physical therapist staffing. The final measure we considered in this category is the number of residents who returned home from the nursing home. We found that 6.1 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
This place actually performed well in the area of inspections as well. In fact, we gave it a B- for that category, which is a fairly impressive score. Inspection grades are based on several pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are an important item to look for on these inspections. Severe deficiencies indicate a risk to resident safety. While this place had a few deficiencies on its report, none were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. A few minor deficiencies are not necessarily the end of the world.
Does this page answer your questions about Countryside Manor Health & Living Community?
This facility ended up receiving rock bottom score in our nursing category. It received an F in this category. We assessed the licensure of nurses working for the nursing home, as well as the quantity of hours those nurses spent with patients, in determining our rating in this area. With only 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident each day, this nursing home's nurse staffing levels were well below average. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing scores. This place fared well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these statistics to be reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we looked at is long-term care, where this nursing home received a rock bottom grade in this category as well. Unfortunately, we gave it an F in this area, which is definitely very concerning. Long-term care scores of this caliber generally are a bad sign for the quantity and quality of care provided by nurses and aids. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. We were a bit bothered by the fact that this facility provided the vaccine to a relatively low 62.17949 percent of its patients. To our surprise, this nursing home was actually decent at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Countryside Manor Health & Living Community Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Countryside Manor Health & Living Community, 7.63% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term residents that are suffering from pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are an measure of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Countryside Manor Health & Living Community, 3.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients that sustained a fall leading to severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Countryside Manor Health & Living Community, 1.96% of Patients had UTIs
This figure gauges the percent of long-term patients who experienced a UTI. While more infections may reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it can be problematic to compare different nursing homes due to nursing homes having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Countryside Manor Health & Living Community, 13.37% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many patients, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Countryside Manor Health & Living Community, 21.6% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term stay residents that were given antianxiety medication. These drugs are given to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Countryside Manor Health & Living Community, 12.38% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. Some argue that this is a reliable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Countryside Manor Health & Living Community, 91.56% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Countryside Manor Health & Living Community, 16.12% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and eating. Some argue this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Countryside Manor Health & Living Community, 17.5% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Countryside Manor Health & Living Community, 17.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Countryside Manor Health & Living Community, 11.23 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to assess patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Countryside Manor Health & Living Community, 73.53% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some argue this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Anderson, IN
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Anderson, Indiana has 6 other nursing homes
- St Vincent Anderson Regional Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 0.66 miles away2015 Jackson St Anderson Indiana 46016Voluntary non-profit - Private(765) 646-8373
- Community Hospital of Anderson and Madison CountyAcute Care Hospitals 3.06 miles away1515 N Madison Ave Anderson Indiana 46011Voluntary non-profit - Private(765) 298-4242
- St Vincent Fishers Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 14.22 miles away13861 Olio Road Fishers Indiana 46037Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 415-9000
- St Vincent Mercy HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 15.53 miles away1331 S a St Elwood Indiana 46036Voluntary non-profit - Church(765) 552-4743
- Indiana University Health Ball Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.17 miles away2401 University Ave Muncie Indiana 47303Voluntary non-profit - Private(765) 747-3111
- Riverview HealthAcute Care Hospitals 18.21 miles away395 Westfield Rd Noblesville Indiana 46060Government - Local(317) 773-0760
- Henry County Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.47 miles away1000 N 16th St New Castle Indiana 47362Government - Local(765) 521-0890
- Fmc - Dialysis Institute of Anderson0.76 miles away1815 Jackson St. Anderson Indiana 46016CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (765) 649-4792
- Us Renal Care-Daleville2.81 miles away2220 E. 59th Street Anderson Indiana 46013Dialysis Stations: 13 (765) 378-1735
- Fmc - Elwood14.48 miles away1805 S. Anderson Street Elwood Indiana 46036Dialysis Stations: 12 (765) 557-2362
- Fmc - Muncie Dialysis14.74 miles away4021 West Kilgore Ave. Muncie Indiana 47304CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (765) 284-3049
- Dsi - North Muncie16 miles away2705 W North Street Muncie Indiana 47303CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (765) 747-3020
- Fmc - Fishers Dialysis16.18 miles away13648 Olivia Way Fishers Indiana 46037Dialysis Stations: 12 (317) 773-6638
- Fmc - Noblesville Dialysis18.25 miles away165 Sheridan Road Noblesville Indiana 46060Dialysis Stations: 12 (317) 770-8900
- Davita - Muncie18.58 miles away820 E Mcgalliard Muncie Indiana 47303Dialysis Stations: 12 (765) 282-1266