Countryside Health Care of Milford is located in Milford, Massachusetts, a city with 28,061 people. With an A- overall grade, we rated this nursing home in the top 25 percent of all facilities in the United States. You simply can't do much better than this facility. This facility also received phenomenal ratings in all of our categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Countryside Health Care of Milford
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Government - City
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our short-term care rating. Short-term care grades are typically used to measure a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation. To have quality rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to provide higher levels of highly skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other highly skilled individuals. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final statistic we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents who ultimately were able to return home from the facility. We found that 6.5 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A in our nursing category. Nursing grades are primarily associated with the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Countryside Health Care of Milford?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to another strength for this nursing home, we awarded them one of our higher grades in our long-term care category as well, with a B+. Nursing homes that receive this kind of grade in this category typically provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure residents are well cared for. One of the datapoints we considered in addition to nursing hours was vaccinations. This nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccination to 96.02649 percent of its patients. Vaccination is a great way to minimize unnecessary hospitalizations for the elderly population. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Moving on to our inspection category, it appears this nursing home has earned quality inspections in recent years as well. We gave it a grade of B in this category. Our inspection grades weigh a host of factors found on a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher scores in this area typically have very few of these severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Countryside Health Care of Milford Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Countryside Health Care of Milford, 6.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term residents who have pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Countryside Health Care of Milford, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a fall which resulted in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Countryside Health Care of Milford, 2.42% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Countryside Health Care of Milford, 19.05% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term patients which are prescribed antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs aren't medically required. However, some facilities may need to rely more on these medications due to having more patients with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Countryside Health Care of Milford, 18.65% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are given to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Countryside Health Care of Milford, 1.93% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who are exhibiting signs of depression. High levels of depression may indicate a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Countryside Health Care of Milford, 91.44% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Countryside Health Care of Milford, 15.15% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Countryside Health Care of Milford, 17.66% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Countryside Health Care of Milford, 1.44 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is key to the physical health of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Countryside Health Care of Milford, 17.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Countryside Health Care of Milford, 10.93 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Countryside Health Care of Milford, 71.35% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some would argue this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
- Milford Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.95 miles away14 Prospect Street Milford Massachusetts 01757Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 473-1190
- Landmark Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.79 miles away115 Cass Avenue Woonsocket Rhode Island 02895Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 769-4100
- Metrowest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.44 miles away115 Lincoln Street Framingham Massachusetts 01701Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 383-1000
- Umass Memorial Medical Center IncAcute Care Hospitals 13.39 miles away55 Lake Avenue North Worcester Massachusetts 01655Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 334-1000
- Marlborough HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14 miles away157 Union Street Marlborough Massachusetts 01752Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 481-5000
- St Vincent HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.36 miles away123 Summer Street Worcester Massachusetts 01608Proprietary(508) 363-5000
- Westwood Pembroke Health SystemsPsychiatric 17.13 miles away45 Clapboardtree Street Westwood Massachusetts 02090Proprietary(617) 762-7764
- Norwood HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.97 miles away800 Washington Street Norwood Massachusetts 02062Proprietary(781) 769-4000
- Fmc Dialysis Services of Blackstone Valley2.56 miles away42 Cape Road Milford Massachusetts 01757CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (508) 634-4331
- Dialysis Center of Woonsocket10.62 miles away2100 Diamond Hill Road Woonsocket Rhode Island 02895CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (401) 765-4995
- Fresenius Medical Care Framingham11.23 miles away110 Mt. Wayte Ave. Framingham Massachusetts 01702CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (508) 628-3801
- Fresenius Medical Care of Marlborough11.71 miles away360 Cedar Hill Street Suite 3 Marlborough Massachusetts 01752CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (508) 460-9250
- Bio-Medical Applications of Massachusetts Inc12.21 miles away867 Grafton Street Worcester Massachusetts 01604Dialysis Stations: 16 (203) 387-9332
- University Dialysis Center (Bma of Shrewsbury)12.64 miles away239-243 Boston Turnpike Road Shrewsbury Massachusetts 01545Dialysis Stations: 16 (508) 753-0886
- U-Mass Memorial Health Care Systems13.09 miles awayDialysis Unit 55 Lake Avenue North Rm h7-331 Worcester Massachusetts 01655Dialysis Stations: 13 (774) 442-3814
- Freedom Center of Worcester13.61 miles away1 Innovation Drive Suite 110 Worcester Massachusetts 01605Dialysis Stations: 6 (508) 767-3950