Country Villa Wilshire Healthcare Center is in Los Angeles, California. This city is among the largest cities in the country with has a population of 2,378,448 people. This facility received a bottom of the barrel overall score based on the data we looked at. Keep in mind that Los Angeles received a city grade of C, so should look at some other options in the city as well. We would not blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another facility. However, if you want to learn more about this place's category grades, we will discuss nursing in the next paragraph.
Country Villa Wilshire Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Note: Country Villa Wilshire Healthcare Center has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Even though we gave this nursing home an abysmal overall score, we awarded it a grade of B- for our nursing category. In determining a nursing home's nursing score, we assess the number of hours nurses are caring for patients as well as the levels of training of the nurses. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This figure is significantly below the national average. Lastly, nursing scores also consider quality-based measures, such as preventing major falls. Despite not having the highest total nursing hours per resident, this facility actually performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is typically a good indicator that a facility has quality controls in place. Some falls can be avoided if a facility provides enough nurses to assist its residents.
Long-term Care Quality
Surprisingly, we gave this nursing home a B- for its long-term care rating, which isn't too bad of a score. Our long-term care scores are based in part on the facility's amount of care. This includes a vast scope of personal care services, ranging from help with activities of daily living to routine healthcare services. After we finished looking at the amount of nursing care, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination data. We were pleased to discover that this facility vaccinates 99.57627 percent of its residents against pneumonia. This facility was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Country Villa Wilshire Healthcare Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Unfortunately, this facility's third highest category is short-term care. However, with a grade of D in this category, it still fared relatively poorly. In crafting our short-term care ratings, we assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our purpose is to create a tool for comparing the rehabilitation services of nursing homes. With a score this poor for this area, we were not surprised to find this place was below average in many staffing figures we looked at. In fact, it offered significantly fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than most nursing homes. Finally, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that just 3.8 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
The last category we looked at was inspections. This ended up being this facility's worst grade. We gave it a score of D in this category. Since this data is collected by independent government inspectors, we weight it heavily in our assessment. Our inspection ratings weigh many items on the facility's recent inspection reports. When you see severe deficiencies on the reports, this is generally a bad sign. Severe deficiencies indicate a risk to the well being of residents. This particular facility was assessed 12 deficiencies by government inspectors. The only positive thing we found is that none of the deficiencies were in the categories that indicate they posed a risk to patient health or safety. Finally, CMS cited this nursing home for possible abuse or neglect. Hopefully, its performance improves in the future, but until then we simply can't recommend this facility.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Country Villa Wilshire Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Country Villa Wilshire Healthcare Center, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term patients that suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a great indicator of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Country Villa Wilshire Healthcare Center, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are routinely linked to lower levels of patient supervision. Better nursing protocols can reduce the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Country Villa Wilshire Healthcare Center, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents that have experienced a UTI. Although a higher rate of these infections may reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it is difficult to compare different nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Country Villa Wilshire Healthcare Center, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Country Villa Wilshire Healthcare Center, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are administered to residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Country Villa Wilshire Healthcare Center, 4.33% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who are showing symptoms of depression. High rates of depression could be a sign a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Country Villa Wilshire Healthcare Center, 95.72% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Country Villa Wilshire Healthcare Center, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Country Villa Wilshire Healthcare Center, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who were able to retain mobility. Some argue that mobility is vital to patients health.
In Country Villa Wilshire Healthcare Center, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Country Villa Wilshire Healthcare Center, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Country Villa Wilshire Healthcare Center, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Country Villa Wilshire Healthcare Center, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Los Angeles, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Los Angeles, California has 74 other nursing homes
- Cedars-Sinai Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.31 miles away8700 Beverly Blvd Los Angeles California 90048Voluntary non-profit - Other(310) 423-5000
- Southern California Hospital at HollywoodAcute Care Hospitals 2.15 miles away6245 De Longpre Ave Los Angeles California 90028Proprietary(323) 462-2271
- Hollywood Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.02 miles away1300 N Vermont Ave Los Angeles California 90027Proprietary(213) 413-3000
- Children's Hosp of Los AngelesChildrens 4.09 miles away4650 Sunset Blvd, Ms 108 Los Angeles California 90027Voluntary non-profit - Private(323) 669-2164
- Resnick Neuropsychiatric Hospital at UclaPsychiatric 5 miles away150 Medical Plaza-Rm-4230c Los Angeles California 90095Government - State(310) 825-6962
- Ronald Reagan U C L a Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.02 miles away757 Westwood Plaza Los Angeles California 90095Government - State(310) 825-6301
- Providence Saint Joseph Medical CtrAcute Care Hospitals 5.21 miles away501 South Buena Vista Street Burbank California 91505Voluntary non-profit - Church(818) 843-5111
- Saint Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.33 miles away2131 W 3rd St Los Angeles California 90057Voluntary non-profit - Church(213) 484-7111
- Davita-Crescent Heights Dialysis Center0.79 miles away8151 Beverly Blvd. Los Angeles California 90048CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (323) 655-6226
- u.s. Renal Care Westside Dialysis1.56 miles away300 S. Robertson Blvd. Los Angeles California 90048CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (310) 385-8683
- Davita-Beverly Hills Dialysis Center1.61 miles away50 N. La Cienega Blvd., Suite 300 Beverly Hills California 90211CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (310) 289-1613
- u.s. Renal Care Beverly Hills Dialysis1.71 miles away8420 Wilshrie Blvd. Beverly Hills California 90211Dialysis Stations: 22 (323) 852-1272
- u.s. Renal Care West Los Angeles Dialysis3.05 miles away1801 S. La Cienega Blvd. Los Angeles California 90035CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (310) 840-5688
- Davita-Beverlywood Dialysis3.39 miles away2080 Century Park East, Suite 210 Los Angeles California 90067Dialysis Stations: 13 (310) 772-0224
- Fmc-Dialysis Services of Mid-Wilshire3.7 miles away3545 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 100-103 Los Angeles California 90010CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (213) 382-8864
- Davita-Hollywood Dialysis Center4.09 miles away5108 Sunset Blvd. Los Angeles California 90027CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (323) 913-4010