Country Villa Westwood is in the large metropolitan area of Los Angeles, California. With an overall rating of F, we consider this to be a lower end facility. Fortunately, if you aren't impressed with this facility, there are countless other options available in this city. Finally, we were surprised to learn that this nursing home earned a decent score in our nursing category. We provide more information about this category below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Country Villa Westwood
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Los Angeles senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While this facility's overall score was terrible, it didn't perform as badly in the area of nursing. In fact, we gave it a B- for that category. The nursing grade weighs a number of datapoints. The most heavily weighted variable is the quantity of hours nurses spent with residents. This facility provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This is a lower figure than we are used to seeing. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this place fared better in some of the quality-based metrics we assessed. In fact, it scored well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Long-term Care Quality
We also wanted to draw your attention to the fact that this facility received an F for its long-term care grade. In a long-term care setting, the facility's primary goal is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. In addition to looking at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Thankfully, this nursing home vaccinated 98.83269 percent of its residents, which is a very solid total. Surprisingly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility has fewer hospitalizations than the average nursing home. Sadly, a few of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Does this page answer your questions about Country Villa Westwood?
We also wanted to point out this nursing home's inspection rating where it received an F. This typically means we found some red flags on its government inspections. You should pay special attention to any deficiencies on a nursing home's inspection reports when it receives this poor of an inspection rating. We would pay close attention to the severity of the deficiencies. This particular nursing home had one category G through L deficiency, which are among the more severe categories of deficiencies. These categories indicate that the deficiencies identified by inspectors had potential to pose actual harm to residents. Finally, we would like to point out that this place was assessed significant government fines in recent years of over $50,000. This typically means that inspectors became fed up after several years of bad inspections.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we looked at is short-term care, where this nursing home received an abysmal grade in this category also. Sadly, it received a lowly F for this category, which is obviously very concerning. In computing our short-term care ratings, we quantify the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our objective is to create a scale for comparing the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. Given its grade in this category, we weren't stunned to discover that this facility is well below average in terms of its number of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its patients based on the figures we looked at. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents that ultimately were able to return home from this facility. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 3.3 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit off the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Country Villa Westwood Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Country Villa Westwood, 5.37% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care can minimize the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Country Villa Westwood, 0.39% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care. Better nursing protocols can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Country Villa Westwood, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely caused by poor nursing care. Better hygiene protocols can reduce the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. We want to point out that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Country Villa Westwood, 9.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Country Villa Westwood, 15.23% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term stay residents which were given antianxiety medication. These medications are generally given to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Country Villa Westwood, 23.91% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. High levels of depression may be an indicator worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Country Villa Westwood, 98.75% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Country Villa Westwood, 13.79% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and continence. Some experts argue that this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Country Villa Westwood, 8.82% of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who retained mobility levels.
In Country Villa Westwood, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Country Villa Westwood, 8.82% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Country Villa Westwood, 20.83% of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Country Villa Westwood, 82.53% of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with ADL's usually correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
Scores for Los Angeles, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Los Angeles, California has 34 other nursing homes
- Providence Saint John's Health CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.06 miles away2121 Santa Monica Blvd Santa Monica California 90404Voluntary non-profit - Private(310) 829-5511
- Santa Monica - Ucla Med Ctr & Orthopaedic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.52 miles away1250 16th Street Santa Monica California 90404Voluntary non-profit - Private(310) 319-4000
- Ronald Reagan U C L a Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.93 miles away757 Westwood Plaza Los Angeles California 90095Government - State(310) 825-6301
- Resnick Neuropsychiatric Hospital at UclaPsychiatric 1.99 miles away150 Medical Plaza-Rm-4230c Los Angeles California 90095Government - State(310) 825-6962
- Cedars-Sinai Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.33 miles away8700 Beverly Blvd Los Angeles California 90048Voluntary non-profit - Other(310) 423-5000
- Sherman Oaks HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.29 miles away4929 Van Nuys Blvd Sherman Oaks California 91403Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 981-7111
- Southern California Hospital at HollywoodAcute Care Hospitals 8.74 miles away6245 De Longpre Ave Los Angeles California 90028Proprietary(323) 462-2271
- Providence Tarzana Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.85 miles away18321 Clark Street Tarzana California 91356Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 881-0800
- Davita-Mar Vista0.23 miles away2020 Santa Monica Blvd., Suite 100 & 120 Santa Monica California 90404CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (310) 453-4900
- Davita-Santa Monica Dialysis1.61 miles away1260 15th Street, Suite 102 Santa Monica California 90404CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (310) 393-4744
- Davita-Century City Dialysis Center1.93 miles away10630 Santa Monica Blvd. Los Angeles California 90025CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (310) 954-2700
- Davita-Beverlywood Dialysis3.27 miles away2080 Century Park East, Suite 210 Los Angeles California 90067Dialysis Stations: 13 (310) 772-0224
- Fmc-Culver City Dialysis3.3 miles away9432 Venice Blvd. Culver City California 90230CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (310) 836-2237
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital Medical Ctr.- West Los Angeles3.95 miles awayDialysis Unit 6041 Cadillac Avenue, Suite 442 Los Angeles California 90034Dialysis Stations: 4 (323) 857-3245
- u.s. Renal Care Culver City4.03 miles away9808 Venice Blvd., Suite 200 Culver City California 90232Dialysis Stations: 18 (310) 841-0500
- u.s. Renal Care West Los Angeles Dialysis4.99 miles away1801 S. La Cienega Blvd. Los Angeles California 90035CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (310) 840-5688