Country Villa Westwood is in the large metropolitan area of Los Angeles, California. With an overall rating of F, we consider this to be a lower end facility. Fortunately, if you aren't impressed with this facility, there are countless other options available in this city. Finally, we were surprised to learn that this nursing home earned a decent score in our nursing category. We provide more information about this category below.
Country Villa Westwood
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
12121 Santa Monica Boulevard,
Los Angeles CA 90025
90% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
While this facility's overall score was terrible, it didn't perform as badly in the area of nursing. In fact, we gave it a C for that category. The nursing grade weighs a number of datapoints. The most heavily weighted variable is the quantity of hours nurses spent with residents. This facility provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This is a lower figure than we are used to seeing. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this place fared better in some of the quality-based metrics we assessed. In fact, it scored well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Long-term Care Quality
We gave this facility just a D for our long-term care grade and that actually turned out to be its second highest category. In a long-term care environment, the facility's primary goal is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. In addition to looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Thankfully, this nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents, which is a very solid percentage. Surprisingly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home had less hospitalizations than many nursing homes. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Does this page answer your questions about Country Villa Westwood?
We wanted to point out this nursing home's inspection grade where it received an F. When a nursing home has this poor of an inspection score, you should expect some severe deficiencies on its inspection report. Severe deficiencies indicate a risk to patient safety. This facility was assessed a category G through L deficiency, which rank among the more severe categories of deficiencies. These categories indicate that the deficiencies found by inspectors had the potential to cause actual harm to patients. Finally, we also would like to point out that this facility received large government fines of over $50,000. This often signifies that government inspectors became fed up after several years of bad government inspections.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we rated was short-term care. Unfortunately, we gave it a lowly F for this category, which is a rock bottom score. In crafting these short-term care scores, we look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The objective is to formulate a tool for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. Based on its weak rating in this category, we weren't shocked to find that this nursing home provides significantly fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other nursing homes. The final metric we considered in this category is the number of residents that were able to return home from the nursing home. This facility struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 3.3 percent of its patients returning home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Country Villa Westwood Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Country Villa Westwood, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Country Villa Westwood, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a fall leading to serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Country Villa Westwood, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely linked to nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Better hygiene protocols reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Note that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Country Villa Westwood, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Country Villa Westwood, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are given to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Country Villa Westwood, 4.64% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Country Villa Westwood, 95.44% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Country Villa Westwood, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Country Villa Westwood, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents who remained mobile levels.
In Country Villa Westwood, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is key to preserving the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Country Villa Westwood, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term resident care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Country Villa Westwood, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Country Villa Westwood, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Los Angeles, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Los Angeles, California has 74 other nursing homes
- Providence Saint John's Health CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.06 miles away2121 Santa Monica Blvd Santa Monica California 90404Voluntary non-profit - Private(310) 829-5511
- Santa Monica - Ucla Med Ctr & Orthopaedic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.52 miles away1250 16th Street Santa Monica California 90404Voluntary non-profit - Private(310) 319-4000
- Ronald Reagan U C L a Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.93 miles away757 Westwood Plaza Los Angeles California 90095Government - State(310) 825-6301
- Resnick Neuropsychiatric Hospital at UclaPsychiatric 1.99 miles away150 Medical Plaza-Rm-4230c Los Angeles California 90095Government - State(310) 825-6962
- Cedars-Sinai Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.33 miles away8700 Beverly Blvd Los Angeles California 90048Voluntary non-profit - Other(310) 423-5000
- Sherman Oaks HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.29 miles away4929 Van Nuys Blvd Sherman Oaks California 91403Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 981-7111
- Southern California Hospital at HollywoodAcute Care Hospitals 8.74 miles away6245 De Longpre Ave Los Angeles California 90028Proprietary(323) 462-2271
- Providence Tarzana Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.85 miles away18321 Clark Street Tarzana California 91356Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 881-0800
- Davita-Mar Vista0.23 miles away2020 Santa Monica Blvd., Suite 100 & 120 Santa Monica California 90404CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (310) 453-4900
- Davita-Santa Monica Dialysis1.61 miles away1260 15th Street, Suite 102 Santa Monica California 90404CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (310) 393-4744
- Davita-Century City Dialysis Center1.93 miles away10630 Santa Monica Blvd. Los Angeles California 90025CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (310) 954-2700
- Davita-Beverlywood Dialysis3.27 miles away2080 Century Park East, Suite 210 Los Angeles California 90067Dialysis Stations: 13 (310) 772-0224
- Fmc-Culver City Dialysis3.3 miles away9432 Venice Blvd. Culver City California 90230CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (310) 836-2237
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital Medical Ctr.- West Los Angeles3.95 miles awayDialysis Unit 6041 Cadillac Avenue, Suite 442 Los Angeles California 90034Dialysis Stations: 4 (323) 857-3245
- u.s. Renal Care Culver City4.03 miles away9808 Venice Blvd., Suite 200 Culver City California 90232Dialysis Stations: 18 (310) 841-0500
- u.s. Renal Care West Los Angeles Dialysis4.99 miles away1801 S. La Cienega Blvd. Los Angeles California 90035CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (310) 840-5688