Country Villa Westwood is in the large metropolitan area of Los Angeles, California. With an overall rating of F, we consider this to be a lower end facility. Fortunately, if you aren't impressed with this facility, there are countless other options available in this city. Finally, nursing was the only shining light in our review of this nursing home. You can find additional information about this category below.
Country Villa Westwood
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
Even though we graded this nursing home incredibly poorly overall, it earned an impressive score when it came to nursing. We awarded it a B in this category. In determining a nursing home's nursing grade, we assess the amount of time nurses are with patients as well as the skill levels of the nurses. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as employing a system of turning a resident even once per day.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to the area of short-term care, this facility received just a D in this category. Sadly, this wound up being its second best grade. In our short-term care assessment, we try to create a valuable measure for rehabilitation. In doing so, we analyze the nursing home's levels of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Not surprisingly, we found that this place provides significantly less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than the average facility. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents who eventually returned home from this facility. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 3.3 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit off the national average.
Does this page answer your questions about Country Villa Westwood?
Long-term Care Quality
As it turns out, this nursing home only earned a D for its long-term care rating, which is not one of our better scores. For prospective patients in need of a permanent residence as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care grades are very important. After looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is more than the vast majority of nursing homes. To our surprise, this nursing home also keeps its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Moving on the last category of inspections, this nursing home fared very poorly. It received an F in our inspection category. For facilities with bad inspection grades, you should really focus on any severe deficiencies found on their recent inspection reports. This nursing home had one category G through L deficiency, which rank among the more severe deficiencies. This generally indicates that the deficiencies identified by inspectors had the potential to pose actual harm to patients. Lastly, we would like to draw your attention to the fact that this place was assessed significant government fines in recent years of more than $50,000. This usually indicates that government inspectors became fed up after multiple years of bad health inspections.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Country Villa Westwood Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Country Villa Westwood, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term stay residents which suffer from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Country Villa Westwood, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term care patients which have had a fall leading to severe injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Country Villa Westwood, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Country Villa Westwood, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term patients taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Country Villa Westwood, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety medications. These medications are typically used to treat patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Country Villa Westwood, 4.33% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Country Villa Westwood, 95.72% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Country Villa Westwood, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Country Villa Westwood, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who maintained mobility.
In Country Villa Westwood, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Country Villa Westwood, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Country Villa Westwood, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Country Villa Westwood, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Los Angeles, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Los Angeles, California has 74 other nursing homes
- Providence Saint John's Health CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.06 miles away2121 Santa Monica Blvd Santa Monica California 90404Voluntary non-profit - Private(310) 829-5511
- Santa Monica - Ucla Med Ctr & Orthopaedic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.52 miles away1250 16th Street Santa Monica California 90404Voluntary non-profit - Private(310) 319-4000
- Ronald Reagan U C L a Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.93 miles away757 Westwood Plaza Los Angeles California 90095Government - State(310) 825-6301
- Resnick Neuropsychiatric Hospital at UclaPsychiatric 1.99 miles away150 Medical Plaza-Rm-4230c Los Angeles California 90095Government - State(310) 825-6962
- Cedars-Sinai Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.33 miles away8700 Beverly Blvd Los Angeles California 90048Voluntary non-profit - Other(310) 423-5000
- Sherman Oaks HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.29 miles away4929 Van Nuys Blvd Sherman Oaks California 91403Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 981-7111
- Southern California Hospital at HollywoodAcute Care Hospitals 8.74 miles away6245 De Longpre Ave Los Angeles California 90028Proprietary(323) 462-2271
- Providence Tarzana Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.85 miles away18321 Clark Street Tarzana California 91356Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 881-0800
- Davita-Mar Vista0.23 miles away2020 Santa Monica Blvd., Suite 100 & 120 Santa Monica California 90404CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (310) 453-4900
- Davita-Santa Monica Dialysis1.61 miles away1260 15th Street, Suite 102 Santa Monica California 90404CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (310) 393-4744
- Davita-Century City Dialysis Center1.93 miles away10630 Santa Monica Blvd. Los Angeles California 90025CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (310) 954-2700
- Davita-Beverlywood Dialysis3.27 miles away2080 Century Park East, Suite 210 Los Angeles California 90067Dialysis Stations: 13 (310) 772-0224
- Fmc-Culver City Dialysis3.3 miles away9432 Venice Blvd. Culver City California 90230CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (310) 836-2237
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital Medical Ctr.- West Los Angeles3.95 miles awayDialysis Unit 6041 Cadillac Avenue, Suite 442 Los Angeles California 90034Dialysis Stations: 4 (323) 857-3245
- u.s. Renal Care Culver City4.03 miles away9808 Venice Blvd., Suite 200 Culver City California 90232Dialysis Stations: 18 (310) 841-0500
- u.s. Renal Care West Los Angeles Dialysis4.99 miles away1801 S. La Cienega Blvd. Los Angeles California 90035CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (310) 840-5688