Country Villa Terrace Nrsg Center is a facility located in Los Angeles, California which has a population of 2,378,448 people. Featuring an overall score of B-, this appears to be a solid nursing home. Even in a city with 35 other nursing homes, this facility should be a fine choice. One of the highlights of this facility's profile is its impressive nursing rating, which you can find in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Country Villa Terrace Nrsg Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
6070 W. Pico Boulevard,
Los Angeles CA 90035
91.22% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home received a nursing score which is stronger than its overall grade. We awarded this nursing home an above average grade of B+ in this area. Our nursing rating is based on several subcategories, most of which are associated with levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Inspections is another category where this facility excelled. We awarded this nursing home a grade of B+ for our inspections category. Inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this nursing home had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A couple relatively minor deficiencies aren't necessarily the end of the world.
Does this page answer your questions about Country Villa Terrace Nrsg Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's next best area was its long-term care grade, where it was given a B-. Long-term care scores are based on a nursing home's volume of nursing services. This includes a vast scope of personal care services, ranging from assistance with activities of daily living to routine healthcare services. After looking at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 99.3007 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is better than the average nursing home. This facility was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.04 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we analyzed was short-term care, proved to be this facility's worst category. We gave this nursing home a D in that category. This is one of just a few dings on a quality report card. Our short-term care scores are arguably most critical for residents requiring rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation typically mandates more skilled nursing. This means not just nursing services, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. In this nursing home's case, it looks like it offered less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than the average facility. Lastly, we considered the percentage of patients who ultimately returned home from this nursing home. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 3.4 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit off the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Country Villa Terrace Nrsg Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Country Villa Terrace Nrsg Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Country Villa Terrace Nrsg Center, 1.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are routinely the result of poor nursing care. Closer supervision can limit the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Country Villa Terrace Nrsg Center, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often associated with lower quality nursing care. However, this metric could also be misleading for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Country Villa Terrace Nrsg Center, 10.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents who are prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents in situations where such drugs are not medically required. Nevertheless, some facilities need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of residents suffering from cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Country Villa Terrace Nrsg Center, 13.84% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term residents who are prescribed antianxiety medication. These medications are generally used to treat patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Country Villa Terrace Nrsg Center, 5.83% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. Many in the industry argue that this is a reliable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Country Villa Terrace Nrsg Center, 95.65% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Country Villa Terrace Nrsg Center, 8.26% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Country Villa Terrace Nrsg Center, 10.41% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Country Villa Terrace Nrsg Center, 1.78 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is key to the physical well-being of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Country Villa Terrace Nrsg Center, 10.41 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Country Villa Terrace Nrsg Center, 11.34 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Country Villa Terrace Nrsg Center, 79.12% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of performance with ADL's generally correlates with better rehabilitation.
Scores for Los Angeles, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Los Angeles, California has 34 other nursing homes
- Cedars-Sinai Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.64 miles away8700 Beverly Blvd Los Angeles California 90048Voluntary non-profit - Other(310) 423-5000
- Southern California Hospital at HollywoodAcute Care Hospitals 4 miles away6245 De Longpre Ave Los Angeles California 90028Proprietary(323) 462-2271
- Ronald Reagan U C L a Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.25 miles away757 Westwood Plaza Los Angeles California 90095Government - State(310) 825-6301
- Resnick Neuropsychiatric Hospital at UclaPsychiatric 4.27 miles away150 Medical Plaza-Rm-4230c Los Angeles California 90095Government - State(310) 825-6962
- Hollywood Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.46 miles away1300 N Vermont Ave Los Angeles California 90027Proprietary(213) 413-3000
- Children's Hosp of Los AngelesChildrens 5.58 miles away4650 Sunset Blvd, Ms 108 Los Angeles California 90027Voluntary non-profit - Private(323) 669-2164
- Saint Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.7 miles away2131 W 3rd St Los Angeles California 90057Voluntary non-profit - Church(213) 484-7111
- Providence Saint John's Health CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.2 miles away2121 Santa Monica Blvd Santa Monica California 90404Voluntary non-profit - Private(310) 829-5511
- u.s. Renal Care West Los Angeles Dialysis0.61 miles away1801 S. La Cienega Blvd. Los Angeles California 90035CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (310) 840-5688
- u.s. Renal Care Beverly Hills Dialysis0.82 miles away8420 Wilshrie Blvd. Beverly Hills California 90211Dialysis Stations: 22 (323) 852-1272
- Davita-Beverly Hills Dialysis Center1 miles away50 N. La Cienega Blvd., Suite 300 Beverly Hills California 90211CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (310) 289-1613
- u.s. Renal Care Westside Dialysis1.58 miles away300 S. Robertson Blvd. Los Angeles California 90048CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (310) 385-8683
- Davita-Crescent Heights Dialysis Center1.66 miles away8151 Beverly Blvd. Los Angeles California 90048CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (323) 655-6226
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital Medical Ctr.- West Los Angeles1.9 miles awayDialysis Unit 6041 Cadillac Avenue, Suite 442 Los Angeles California 90034Dialysis Stations: 4 (323) 857-3245
- Davita-Beverlywood Dialysis2.26 miles away2080 Century Park East, Suite 210 Los Angeles California 90067Dialysis Stations: 13 (310) 772-0224
- u.s. Renal Care Culver City2.38 miles away9808 Venice Blvd., Suite 200 Culver City California 90232Dialysis Stations: 18 (310) 841-0500