Country Villa Terrace Nrsg Center is a facility located in Los Angeles, California which has a population of 2,378,448 people. Featuring an overall score of B, this appears to be a good nursing home. Even in a city with 75 other nursing homes, this facility should be a fine choice. The best part of this facility's impressive profile was its nursing score. Nursing grades are discussed in the next section
Country Villa Terrace Nrsg Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its impressive overall grade, we gave this nursing home an A for our nursing score. In calculating a nursing home's nursing rating, we look at the number of hours nurses are with patients and the level of skill of those nurses. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Adding to its strong resume, this facility earned a grade of B for its inspections rating. This is a well above average score in this category. Inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This facility received 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This tells you that the inspectors didn't consider any of these deficiencies to be an immediate threat to resident safety or health. Remember that deficiency-free inspection reports are rare in this industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Country Villa Terrace Nrsg Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home is also above average in the area of long-term care, where it received a score of B. It outperformed most nursing homes in this area. Long-term care scores in this range generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents, which is very impressive. Pneumonia can be a dangerous health condition for nursing home patients so we prefer when a facility doesn't leave this to chance. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.05 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we analyzed is short-term care. We awarded it a C in this category. This is basically a middle of the road grade in this category. Our short-term care grades are thought to be most important for individuals requiring rehabilitation from their nursing home. Rehabilitation generally requires more skilled nursing services. This includes not merely nursing, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final metric we considered in this area is the percentage of residents that who were able to eventually return home from the facility. We found that just 3.4 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Country Villa Terrace Nrsg Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Country Villa Terrace Nrsg Center, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a solid measure of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Country Villa Terrace Nrsg Center, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls leading to injury are often the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Country Villa Terrace Nrsg Center, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are routinely caused by a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this datapoint could also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Country Villa Terrace Nrsg Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are used for treating a variety of medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Country Villa Terrace Nrsg Center, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are used to treat residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Country Villa Terrace Nrsg Center, 4.64% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents showing depressive symptoms. High levels of depression may be a sign a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Country Villa Terrace Nrsg Center, 95.44% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Country Villa Terrace Nrsg Center, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Country Villa Terrace Nrsg Center, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients who maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Country Villa Terrace Nrsg Center, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Country Villa Terrace Nrsg Center, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Country Villa Terrace Nrsg Center, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the overall quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Country Villa Terrace Nrsg Center, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some would argue this is a measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Los Angeles, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Los Angeles, California has 74 other nursing homes
- Cedars-Sinai Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.64 miles away8700 Beverly Blvd Los Angeles California 90048Voluntary non-profit - Other(310) 423-5000
- Southern California Hospital at HollywoodAcute Care Hospitals 4 miles away6245 De Longpre Ave Los Angeles California 90028Proprietary(323) 462-2271
- Ronald Reagan U C L a Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.25 miles away757 Westwood Plaza Los Angeles California 90095Government - State(310) 825-6301
- Resnick Neuropsychiatric Hospital at UclaPsychiatric 4.27 miles away150 Medical Plaza-Rm-4230c Los Angeles California 90095Government - State(310) 825-6962
- Hollywood Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.46 miles away1300 N Vermont Ave Los Angeles California 90027Proprietary(213) 413-3000
- Children's Hosp of Los AngelesChildrens 5.58 miles away4650 Sunset Blvd, Ms 108 Los Angeles California 90027Voluntary non-profit - Private(323) 669-2164
- Saint Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.7 miles away2131 W 3rd St Los Angeles California 90057Voluntary non-profit - Church(213) 484-7111
- Providence Saint John's Health CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.2 miles away2121 Santa Monica Blvd Santa Monica California 90404Voluntary non-profit - Private(310) 829-5511
- u.s. Renal Care West Los Angeles Dialysis0.61 miles away1801 S. La Cienega Blvd. Los Angeles California 90035CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (310) 840-5688
- u.s. Renal Care Beverly Hills Dialysis0.82 miles away8420 Wilshrie Blvd. Beverly Hills California 90211Dialysis Stations: 22 (323) 852-1272
- Davita-Beverly Hills Dialysis Center1 miles away50 N. La Cienega Blvd., Suite 300 Beverly Hills California 90211CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (310) 289-1613
- u.s. Renal Care Westside Dialysis1.58 miles away300 S. Robertson Blvd. Los Angeles California 90048CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (310) 385-8683
- Davita-Crescent Heights Dialysis Center1.66 miles away8151 Beverly Blvd. Los Angeles California 90048CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (323) 655-6226
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital Medical Ctr.- West Los Angeles1.9 miles awayDialysis Unit 6041 Cadillac Avenue, Suite 442 Los Angeles California 90034Dialysis Stations: 4 (323) 857-3245
- Davita-Beverlywood Dialysis2.26 miles away2080 Century Park East, Suite 210 Los Angeles California 90067Dialysis Stations: 13 (310) 772-0224
- u.s. Renal Care Culver City2.38 miles away9808 Venice Blvd., Suite 200 Culver City California 90232Dialysis Stations: 18 (310) 841-0500