Country Villa South Convalescent Center is an average-sized nursing home located in Los Angeles, California. This facility is a lower end nursing home. A score in this range indicates we found some red flags. Unfortunately, this grade isn't too far off the city grade for Los Angeles, which is a C. Nevertheless, you still ought to be able to do better The best thing we can really say about this place is that it did not receive any F's in any of the categories we assessed. Additional information about its category grades can be found below.
Country Villa South Convalescent Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Although we were not complementary of this facility's overall grade, it actually earned an impressive nursing grade this year. We gave it a B in this area. Our nursing rating looks at the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. We factor in both the levels of training of those nurses and the amount of time spent with residents. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The next highest area we gave this nursing home in any category came in the area of long-term care, where we awarded it a C. If you are looking for anything other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care ratings. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its residents, which is more than the majority of nursing homes. Lastly, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Country Villa South Convalescent Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Sadly, this nursing home's third best score is short-term care. As it turns out, with a D in this area, it still performed relatively poorly. Our short-term care grade is often used to grade a facility's performance with rehabilitation In order to have highly graded rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to feature higher levels of highly skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other types of therapists. Not surprisingly, we discovered that this nursing home provides substantially less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than the typical facility. The final measure we looked at in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 2.6 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these subpar statistics sunk this nursing home's short-term care score.
The last category we looked at was inspections. This ended up being this facility's worst grade. We gave it a D in this area. Since this information is collected by government inspectors, we weight it heavily in our assessment. Our inspection grades weigh many items on the nursing home's inspection reports. When you see too many deficiencies on the inspection reports, this is generally a bad sign. Severe deficiencies indicate a threat to resident safety. This facility was hit with 10 deficiencies by CMS. The only favorable thing we can say is that none of its deficiencies were in the categories that indicate that they caused a risk to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility also received 60 substantiated complaints in recent years. This is yet another bad sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Country Villa South Convalescent Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Country Villa South Convalescent Center, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure gauges the percent of long-term care residents that developed new or worsened pressure ulcers . We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Country Villa South Convalescent Center, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure measures the percent of long-term care patients that suffered falls resulting in major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Country Villa South Convalescent Center, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who had a UTI. UTI's may be a sign of lower quality nursing care. However, this metric can also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Country Villa South Convalescent Center, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many patients, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Country Villa South Convalescent Center, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are given to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Country Villa South Convalescent Center, 4.33% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Country Villa South Convalescent Center, 95.72% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Country Villa South Convalescent Center, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate decline of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Country Villa South Convalescent Center, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Country Villa South Convalescent Center, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Country Villa South Convalescent Center, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Country Villa South Convalescent Center, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Country Villa South Convalescent Center, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Los Angeles, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Los Angeles, California has 74 other nursing homes
- Ronald Reagan U C L a Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.39 miles away757 Westwood Plaza Los Angeles California 90095Government - State(310) 825-6301
- Resnick Neuropsychiatric Hospital at UclaPsychiatric 3.45 miles away150 Medical Plaza-Rm-4230c Los Angeles California 90095Government - State(310) 825-6962
- Providence Saint John's Health CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.85 miles away2121 Santa Monica Blvd Santa Monica California 90404Voluntary non-profit - Private(310) 829-5511
- Cedars-Sinai Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.92 miles away8700 Beverly Blvd Los Angeles California 90048Voluntary non-profit - Other(310) 423-5000
- Santa Monica - Ucla Med Ctr & Orthopaedic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.3 miles away1250 16th Street Santa Monica California 90404Voluntary non-profit - Private(310) 319-4000
- Southern California Hospital at HollywoodAcute Care Hospitals 6.9 miles away6245 De Longpre Ave Los Angeles California 90028Proprietary(323) 462-2271
- Saint Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.26 miles away2131 W 3rd St Los Angeles California 90057Voluntary non-profit - Church(213) 484-7111
- Hollywood Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.35 miles away1300 N Vermont Ave Los Angeles California 90027Proprietary(213) 413-3000
- u.s. Renal Care Culver City0.84 miles away9808 Venice Blvd., Suite 200 Culver City California 90232Dialysis Stations: 18 (310) 841-0500
- Fmc-Culver City Dialysis0.94 miles away9432 Venice Blvd. Culver City California 90230CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (310) 836-2237
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital Medical Ctr.- West Los Angeles1.04 miles awayDialysis Unit 6041 Cadillac Avenue, Suite 442 Los Angeles California 90034Dialysis Stations: 4 (323) 857-3245
- Davita-Century City Dialysis Center2.35 miles away10630 Santa Monica Blvd. Los Angeles California 90025CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (310) 954-2700
- u.s. Renal Care West Los Angeles Dialysis2.39 miles away1801 S. La Cienega Blvd. Los Angeles California 90035CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (310) 840-5688
- Davita-Beverlywood Dialysis2.41 miles away2080 Century Park East, Suite 210 Los Angeles California 90067Dialysis Stations: 13 (310) 772-0224
- Kidney Dialysis Center of Baldwin Hills, LLC3.2 miles away3705 S. La Brea Avenue Los Angeles California 90016Dialysis Stations: 17 (323) 293-4488
- Davita-Mar Vista3.39 miles away2020 Santa Monica Blvd., Suite 100 & 120 Santa Monica California 90404CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (310) 453-4900