With over 25 options located in Los Angeles, California, Country Villa Rehabilitation Center is one of the multitude of possibilities. We gave this facility a bottom of the barrel overall score based on the data we assessed. This place didn't have any redeeming qualities. We wouldn't blame you if you are ready to stop reading and find another nursing home. However, if you want to learn more about this place's category grades, we will discuss inspections in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Country Villa Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Los Angeles senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall grade was as bad as it gets, it actually didn't perform terribly in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of B- for that category, which is one of our better scores. We would argue that one of the most critical factors in evaluating an inspection report is deficiencies. We especially focus on the severity of the deficiencies. This nursing home was assessed 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This indicates that CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies to be an imminent risk to resident safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
One of the other reasons we graded this facility so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing score. In fact, nursing proved to be its second best category grade. In that category, we gave this nursing home an C. We looked at the licensure of nurses at the facility, as well as the quantity of time those nurses were with patients, in determining our grade in this category. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This is a lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours, this facility actually performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is generally a good indicator that a facility has sufficient quality controls in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Country Villa Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Unfortunately, this nursing home only received a grade of D for its short-term care grade, which is not a very good score. In determining our short-term care scores, we look at a nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other types of therapists. This rating is frequently a solid assessment of the nursing home's rehabilitation services. Not surprisingly, we learned that this nursing home provides far less registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than the average facility. The final measure we considered in this category is the number of patients that were able to return home from the nursing home. This facility struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 4.7 percent of its patients returning home. Unfortunately, this was well below average.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we scored is long-term care, ended up being this nursing home's weakest area. We gave this nursing home a D in that area. In a long-term care setting, the facility's primary objective is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. Once we looked at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is more than the majority of nursing homes. To our surprise, this place also keeps its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Sadly, some of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Country Villa Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Country Villa Rehabilitation Center, 13.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often the result of patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Country Villa Rehabilitation Center, 0.23% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients that have had a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are routinely linked to lower quality nursing care. More supervision minimizes the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Country Villa Rehabilitation Center, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely linked to poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this metric may also be skewed for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Country Villa Rehabilitation Center, 0.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many patients, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Country Villa Rehabilitation Center, 6.53% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This gauges the percent of long-term residents which were given antianxiety medication. These medications are typically used to treat patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Country Villa Rehabilitation Center, 10.22% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Country Villa Rehabilitation Center, 100% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines vital to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Country Villa Rehabilitation Center, 0.74% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and bathing. Many argue this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Country Villa Rehabilitation Center, 2.36% of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Country Villa Rehabilitation Center, 0.03 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is key to preserving the physical health of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Country Villa Rehabilitation Center, 2.36% of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Country Villa Rehabilitation Center, 0% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to assess patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Country Villa Rehabilitation Center, 83.58% of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with activities of daily living often correlates with better rehabilitation.
Scores for Los Angeles, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Los Angeles, California has 34 other nursing homes
- Saint Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.09 miles away2131 W 3rd St Los Angeles California 90057Voluntary non-profit - Church(213) 484-7111
- California Hospital Medical Center LaAcute Care Hospitals 1.78 miles away1401 South Grand Avenue Los Angeles California 90015Voluntary non-profit - Other(213) 748-2411
- Hollywood Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.62 miles away1300 N Vermont Ave Los Angeles California 90027Proprietary(213) 413-3000
- Children's Hosp of Los AngelesChildrens 2.72 miles away4650 Sunset Blvd, Ms 108 Los Angeles California 90027Voluntary non-profit - Private(323) 669-2164
- Lac+Usc Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.61 miles away1200 N State St, Room c2k100 Los Angeles California 90033Government - Local(323) 226-2800
- Southern California Hospital at HollywoodAcute Care Hospitals 3.85 miles away6245 De Longpre Ave Los Angeles California 90028Proprietary(323) 462-2271
- Glendale Mem Hospital & Hlth CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.63 miles away1420 S Central Ave Glendale California 91204Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 502-1900
- Community Hospital of Huntington ParkAcute Care Hospitals 5.82 miles away2623 E Slauson Ave Huntington Park California 90255Proprietary(323) 583-1931
- St. Vincent Dialysis Center, Inc.0.18 miles away201 S. Alvarado Street, Suite 220 Los Angeles California 90057Dialysis Stations: 17 (213) 484-7425
- u.s. Renal Care Downtown Los Angeles Dialysis0.31 miles away2511 W 3rd Street, Suite 120 Los Angeles California 90057Dialysis Stations: 24 (213) 487-7730
- u.s. Renal Care Gala Dialysis0.71 miles away1666 W. Third Street Los Angeles California 90017CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (213) 989-0247
- u.s. Renal Care Grand Home Program0.76 miles away1145 West 6th Street, Suite 100 Los Angeles California 90017Dialysis Stations: 3 (213) 250-9758
- u.s. Renal Care Los Angeles Dialysis0.79 miles away1125 W. 6th Street, Suite 101 Los Angeles California 90017CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (213) 481-3041
- Davita-Wilshire Dialysis Center0.9 miles away1212 Wilshire Blvd. Los Angeles California 90017CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (213) 482-5181
- Davita-Silver Lake Dialysis0.93 miles away2723 W. Temple St Los Angeles California 90026CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (213) 480-3039
- Fmc-Dialysis Services of Mid-Wilshire1.81 miles away3545 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 100-103 Los Angeles California 90010CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (213) 382-8864