With over 25 options located in Los Angeles, California, Country Villa Rehabilitation Center is one of the multitude of possibilities. This nursing home was given a somewhat concerning overall grade of D, which is a subpar rating. This nursing home seems to have very little going for it. If you aren't deterred by this place's report card, you can continue reading to find out about its category grades. We discuss inspections in the next section.
Country Villa Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
While we didn't give this nursing home a good overall grade, we did give it a strong grade in the category of inspections, where it received a B. Inspection scores weigh several factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. You should avoid nursing homes with too many deficiencies flagged. Fortunately, although this facility had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G through L. This tells you the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A few minor deficiencies are not the end of the world.
We also ended up giving this facility a fairly respectable grade in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of C. Our nursing rating looks at the facility's nurse staffing levels. We consider both the levels of training of those nurses and the number of hours spent with patients. This facility provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This is a lower figure than we are used to seeing. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility actually excelled in some of the quality measures we assessed. In fact, it performed well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these areas to be indicators of the quality of nursing care. In many cases, the quality of nursing care is every bit as important as the number of hours of care provided.
Does this page answer your questions about Country Villa Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's next best area is short-term care. We gave it a grade of C in this category. This is essentially a slightly below average grade in this category. Our short-term care scores are crucial for individuals seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually mandates higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. This means a broad scope of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Unfortunately, we found that this place provided fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other facilities. The more important thing is determining what effect this had on quality of care. The final metric we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that just 4.7 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is actually below average.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we graded was long-term care, ended up being this facility's weakest area. We gave this facility a D in this area. If you are looking for services other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at long-term care scores. On top of assessing the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is more than the majority of nursing homes. Surprisingly, this place was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had just 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Country Villa Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Country Villa Rehabilitation Center, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Country Villa Rehabilitation Center, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Major falls are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Country Villa Rehabilitation Center, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients who had urinary tract infections. Although more infections may reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it is problematic to compare between nursing homes due to nursing homes having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Country Villa Rehabilitation Center, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to residents for many conditions, such as dementia. Sadly, in some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Country Villa Rehabilitation Center, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Country Villa Rehabilitation Center, 4.33% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Country Villa Rehabilitation Center, 95.72% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Country Villa Rehabilitation Center, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of the decline of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Country Villa Rehabilitation Center, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Country Villa Rehabilitation Center, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care. There is typically a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Country Villa Rehabilitation Center, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Country Villa Rehabilitation Center, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Country Villa Rehabilitation Center, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Los Angeles, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Los Angeles, California has 74 other nursing homes
- Saint Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.09 miles away2131 W 3rd St Los Angeles California 90057Voluntary non-profit - Church(213) 484-7111
- California Hospital Medical Center LaAcute Care Hospitals 1.78 miles away1401 South Grand Avenue Los Angeles California 90015Voluntary non-profit - Other(213) 748-2411
- Hollywood Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.62 miles away1300 N Vermont Ave Los Angeles California 90027Proprietary(213) 413-3000
- Children's Hosp of Los AngelesChildrens 2.72 miles away4650 Sunset Blvd, Ms 108 Los Angeles California 90027Voluntary non-profit - Private(323) 669-2164
- Lac+Usc Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.61 miles away1200 N State St, Room c2k100 Los Angeles California 90033Government - Local(323) 226-2800
- Southern California Hospital at HollywoodAcute Care Hospitals 3.85 miles away6245 De Longpre Ave Los Angeles California 90028Proprietary(323) 462-2271
- Glendale Mem Hospital & Hlth CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.63 miles away1420 S Central Ave Glendale California 91204Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 502-1900
- Community Hospital of Huntington ParkAcute Care Hospitals 5.82 miles away2623 E Slauson Ave Huntington Park California 90255Proprietary(323) 583-1931
- St. Vincent Dialysis Center, Inc.0.18 miles away201 S. Alvarado Street, Suite 220 Los Angeles California 90057Dialysis Stations: 17 (213) 484-7425
- u.s. Renal Care Downtown Los Angeles Dialysis0.31 miles away2511 W 3rd Street, Suite 120 Los Angeles California 90057Dialysis Stations: 24 (213) 487-7730
- u.s. Renal Care Gala Dialysis0.71 miles away1666 W. Third Street Los Angeles California 90017CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (213) 989-0247
- u.s. Renal Care Grand Home Program0.76 miles away1145 West 6th Street, Suite 100 Los Angeles California 90017Dialysis Stations: 3 (213) 250-9758
- u.s. Renal Care Los Angeles Dialysis0.79 miles away1125 W. 6th Street, Suite 101 Los Angeles California 90017CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (213) 481-3041
- Davita-Wilshire Dialysis Center0.9 miles away1212 Wilshire Blvd. Los Angeles California 90017CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (213) 482-5181
- Davita-Silver Lake Dialysis0.93 miles away2723 W. Temple St Los Angeles California 90026CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (213) 480-3039
- Fmc-Dialysis Services of Mid-Wilshire1.81 miles away3545 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 100-103 Los Angeles California 90010CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (213) 382-8864