Country Villa Plaza Convalescent Center is a large nursing home located in Santa Ana, California. Sporting an overall rating of D, this is a relatively poor nursing home. Keep in mind that Santa Ana received a city grade of B-, so should consider other options in the city as well. If you aren't deterred by this facility's report card, you can continue reading to find out about its category scores. We discuss nursing in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Country Villa Plaza Convalescent Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Santa Ana senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Although we were down on this nursing home overall, we awarded it a B in nursing. Our nursing score is based on the facility's nurse staffing levels. We look at both the levels of training of those nurses and the number of hours spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's second most favorable area ended up being long-term care. In that category, we gave this nursing home a B-. If you are seeking services other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each facility's long-term care grades. On top of considering the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. This place was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Country Villa Plaza Convalescent Center?
Short-term Care Quality
We gave this nursing home just a D for our short-term care rating. This is not an impressive grade. In our short-term care score, we seek to craft a valuable measure for rehabilitation. In doing so, we look at the nursing home's level of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Given its score in this category, we were not stunned to learn that this place is well below average in terms of the quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours offered to its patients based on the measures we assessed. Honestly, this was what we expected here. The last metric we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We discovered that just 3.8 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these poor statistics doomed this facility's short-term care grade.
Turning our last category of inspections, this nursing home received an F here. Since this information is collected by independent government inspectors, we heavily weight negative feedback in this area. When a place has this bad of an inspection score, you should look for severe deficiencies on its inspection report. Severe deficiencies indicate a risk to resident safety. This facility was assessed 8 deficiencies on its inspection report. The only favorable thing we can say is that none of these deficiencies were in the categories that indicate they created a risk to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility also received 20 substantiated complaints in recent years. This is yet another bad sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Country Villa Plaza Convalescent Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Country Villa Plaza Convalescent Center, 5.58% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care limits the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Country Villa Plaza Convalescent Center, 2.17% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term residents who sustained falls which caused serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Country Villa Plaza Convalescent Center, 0.23% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a barometer of nursing care . UTI's are often the result of a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this statistic may also be skewed for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Country Villa Plaza Convalescent Center, 31.84% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications are used for treating several medical conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Country Villa Plaza Convalescent Center, 31.7% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Country Villa Plaza Convalescent Center, 16.03% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents showing symptoms of depression. Some argue that this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Country Villa Plaza Convalescent Center, 99.32% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Country Villa Plaza Convalescent Center, 3.72% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Country Villa Plaza Convalescent Center, 2.29% of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who were able to retain mobility. Some experts argue that the ability to move around is critical to patients mental and physical health.
In Country Villa Plaza Convalescent Center, 0.03 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is key to maintaining the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Country Villa Plaza Convalescent Center, 2.29% of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Country Villa Plaza Convalescent Center, 20.8% of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Country Villa Plaza Convalescent Center, 82.78% of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Santa Ana, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Santa Ana, California has 4 other nursing homes
- South Coast Global Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.09 miles away2701 S Bristol St Santa Ana California 92704Proprietary(714) 754-5454
- Fountain Valley Regional Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.07 miles away17100 Euclid Street Fountain Valley California 92708Proprietary(714) 966-7200
- Orange County Global Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.12 miles away1001 North Tustin Avenue Santa Ana California 92705Proprietary(714) 953-3610
- Memorialcare Orange Coast Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.16 miles away9920 Talbert Avenue Fountain Valley California 92708Proprietary(714) 378-7406
- Garden Grove Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.82 miles away12601 Garden Grove Blvd Garden Grove California 92843Proprietary(714) 537-5160
- University of California Irvine Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.91 miles away101 City Drive South Orange California 92868Government - Local(714) 456-6112
- St Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.1 miles away1100 West Stewart Dr Orange California 92868Voluntary non-profit - Church(714) 633-9111
- Huntington Beach HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.03 miles away17772 Beach Blvd Huntington Beach California 92647Proprietary(714) 843-5000
- Fmc-Santa Ana Dialysis0.1 miles away2740 S. Bristol Street, Suite 110 Santa Ana California 92704CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (714) 754-1670
- Davita-Santa Ana Dialysis Center1.94 miles away1820 E. Deere Avenue Santa Ana California 92705CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (949) 251-1221
- Fmc-Newport Mesa Dialysis Services2.05 miles away1175 Baker Street, Suite B Costa Mesa California 92626CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (714) 641-5808
- Davita-Costa Mesa Dialysis2.42 miles away1590 Scenic Avenue Costa Mesa California 92626CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (714) 540-9401
- Fmc-Rai-Fountain Valley Home2.63 miles away17197 Newhope Street, Suite E Fountain Valley California 92708Dialysis Stations: 3 (714) 435-0281
- Davita-Fountain Valley Dialysis3.05 miles away17150 Euclid Street, Suite 111 Fountain Valley California 92708CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (714) 966-1595
- Fmc-South Orange County3.57 miles away2020 E. First Street, Suite 100 Santa Ana California 92705CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (714) 972-1236
- St. Joseph Hospital Dialysis Center-Santa Ana3.68 miles away2212 E. 4th Street, Suite 101 Santa Ana California 92705CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (714) 571-7850