Country Villa Pavilion Nursing Center is a facility in Los Angeles, California which has 2,378,448 people. Featuring an overall rating of D, this is a well below average facility. We ranked this as one of the ten worst rated nursing homes in Los Angeles. Since the city has more than 50 other nursing homes, you ought to be able to find an alternative here. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this nursing home's report card is its impressive nursing grade. You can continue reading to find out about nursing and other category scores
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Country Villa Pavilion Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Los Angeles senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While we didn't give this nursing home a good overall score, we actually gave it a strong grade in nursing, where it earned a B+. This is better than most facilities in this category. Nursing grades are based largely on quality and quantity of nursing care. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
We also wanted to point out this nursing home's decent health inspections in recent years. We gave it somewhat respectable grade of C in this category. Inspection scores are based on several pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are an important item to look for on these reports. Severe deficiencies indicate a threat to resident safety. This nursing home had 7 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to find that none were in categories G through L. This means that CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies to present an imminent risk to resident health or safety. Lastly, we want to point out that this nursing home was assessed government fines in recent years. Fortunately these were not on the high end as government fines go. That said, this is still not what we like to find.
Does this page answer your questions about Country Villa Pavilion Nursing Center?
Short-term Care Quality
As it turns out, this nursing home only received a grade of D for its short-term care score, which is well below average in this category. Short-term care ratings are based on a facility's quantity of highly-skilled nursing services. This includes a broad spectrum of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, not to mention other forms of therapy. With a grade in this range for this area, we weren't surprised to learn this place was below average in several staffing metrics we focus on. In fact, it supplied substantially fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other nursing homes. The final statistic we looked at in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 3.4 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is well below average. The combination of these subpar metrics sunk this facility's short-term care score.
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the last area, this nursing home really didn't perform well in this category either. With a poor grade of F in long-term care, this is just about as terrible as it gets. If you are seeking anything other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at long-term care scores. In addition to considering the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Thankfully, this facility gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is an above average statistic. To our surprise, this facility was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Sadly, a few of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Country Villa Pavilion Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Country Villa Pavilion Nursing Center, 26.92% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often the result of residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Country Villa Pavilion Nursing Center, 0.69% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are often the result of lower levels of patient supervision. Better nursing protocols can reduce the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Country Villa Pavilion Nursing Center, 0.75% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are routinely associated with a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this metric may also be misleading for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Country Villa Pavilion Nursing Center, 7.34% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications are sometimes used for treating a variety of medical conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Country Villa Pavilion Nursing Center, 12.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents given antianxiety medications. These medications are given to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Country Villa Pavilion Nursing Center, 18.49% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents who are exhibiting signs of depression. Many believe this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Country Villa Pavilion Nursing Center, 100% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Country Villa Pavilion Nursing Center, 14.68% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Country Villa Pavilion Nursing Center, 16.25% of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term care patients that were able to retain mobility. Some would argue that the ability to move around is vital to patients physical and mental well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Country Villa Pavilion Nursing Center, 16.25% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Country Villa Pavilion Nursing Center, 5.9% of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Country Villa Pavilion Nursing Center, 79.55% of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Los Angeles, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Los Angeles, California has 34 other nursing homes
- Cedars-Sinai Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.79 miles away8700 Beverly Blvd Los Angeles California 90048Voluntary non-profit - Other(310) 423-5000
- Southern California Hospital at HollywoodAcute Care Hospitals 3.88 miles away6245 De Longpre Ave Los Angeles California 90028Proprietary(323) 462-2271
- Ronald Reagan U C L a Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.51 miles away757 Westwood Plaza Los Angeles California 90095Government - State(310) 825-6301
- Resnick Neuropsychiatric Hospital at UclaPsychiatric 4.53 miles away150 Medical Plaza-Rm-4230c Los Angeles California 90095Government - State(310) 825-6962
- Hollywood Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.28 miles away1300 N Vermont Ave Los Angeles California 90027Proprietary(213) 413-3000
- Children's Hosp of Los AngelesChildrens 5.4 miles away4650 Sunset Blvd, Ms 108 Los Angeles California 90027Voluntary non-profit - Private(323) 669-2164
- Saint Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.45 miles away2131 W 3rd St Los Angeles California 90057Voluntary non-profit - Church(213) 484-7111
- California Hospital Medical Center LaAcute Care Hospitals 6 miles away1401 South Grand Avenue Los Angeles California 90015Voluntary non-profit - Other(213) 748-2411
- u.s. Renal Care West Los Angeles Dialysis0.69 miles away1801 S. La Cienega Blvd. Los Angeles California 90035CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (310) 840-5688
- u.s. Renal Care Beverly Hills Dialysis0.95 miles away8420 Wilshrie Blvd. Beverly Hills California 90211Dialysis Stations: 22 (323) 852-1272
- Davita-Beverly Hills Dialysis Center1.13 miles away50 N. La Cienega Blvd., Suite 300 Beverly Hills California 90211CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (310) 289-1613
- Davita-Crescent Heights Dialysis Center1.7 miles away8151 Beverly Blvd. Los Angeles California 90048CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (323) 655-6226
- u.s. Renal Care Westside Dialysis1.76 miles away300 S. Robertson Blvd. Los Angeles California 90048CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (310) 385-8683
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital Medical Ctr.- West Los Angeles2.04 miles awayDialysis Unit 6041 Cadillac Avenue, Suite 442 Los Angeles California 90034Dialysis Stations: 4 (323) 857-3245
- Kidney Dialysis Center of Baldwin Hills, LLC2.35 miles away3705 S. La Brea Avenue Los Angeles California 90016Dialysis Stations: 17 (323) 293-4488
- u.s. Renal Care Culver City2.49 miles away9808 Venice Blvd., Suite 200 Culver City California 90232Dialysis Stations: 18 (310) 841-0500