Country Villa North is an average-sized nursing home located in Los Angeles, California. This facility was awarded an overall grade of C, which is a good score. This grade was right in line with the city grade in Los Angeles, which is admittedly a bit below average nationally. We were also pleased to find that this facility received consistently decent grades in each of the other areas we looked at. Additional information about its category grades is available below.
Country Villa North
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
This facility received a nursing rating which is better than its overall grade. We awarded this facility an above average grade of B in this area. Nursing grades are largely tied to a facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as employing a system of turning patients more often.
This facility's inspection score exceeded its overall score as well. We gave them one of our better grades in that category, with a B. Arguably the most significant factor we look at in calculating our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Facilities with higher grades in this category most likely avoided the more severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. While this place had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. A few minor deficiencies should not stop you from considering a nursing home.
Does this page answer your questions about Country Villa North?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility was awarded its next highest category score in the category of long-term care. We awarded this nursing home a grade of C in this category, which is a reasonably acceptable grade. If you are looking for anything other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at long-term care ratings. After assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination records. We were optimistic to learn that this nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia. This place also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we assessed is short-term care. This facility was given a grade of C in this area. In determining our short-term care scores, we scrutinize the facility's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other licensed professionals. This grade is generally a solid measure of a facility's rehabilitation. Unfortunately, we found that this nursing home provided fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other facilities. The last statistic we considered in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that just 4.1 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is actually below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Country Villa North Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Country Villa North, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Country Villa North, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic measures the percent of long-term residents which have had a fall resulting in major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Country Villa North, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients which experienced a UTI. While a higher rate of these infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it can be problematic to compare between nursing homes due to nursing homes having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Country Villa North, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many patients, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Country Villa North, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antianxiety medications. These medications are generally used to treat patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Country Villa North, 4.33% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients exhibiting symptoms of depression. High rates of depression may reveal a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Country Villa North, 95.72% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for seniors, making these vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Country Villa North, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of the erosion of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Country Villa North, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Country Villa North, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Country Villa North, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Country Villa North, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Country Villa North, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term patients who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Los Angeles, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Los Angeles, California has 74 other nursing homes
- Saint Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.51 miles away2131 W 3rd St Los Angeles California 90057Voluntary non-profit - Church(213) 484-7111
- California Hospital Medical Center LaAcute Care Hospitals 2.85 miles away1401 South Grand Avenue Los Angeles California 90015Voluntary non-profit - Other(213) 748-2411
- Southern California Hospital at HollywoodAcute Care Hospitals 3.47 miles away6245 De Longpre Ave Los Angeles California 90028Proprietary(323) 462-2271
- Hollywood Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.58 miles away1300 N Vermont Ave Los Angeles California 90027Proprietary(213) 413-3000
- Children's Hosp of Los AngelesChildrens 3.72 miles away4650 Sunset Blvd, Ms 108 Los Angeles California 90027Voluntary non-profit - Private(323) 669-2164
- Cedars-Sinai Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.33 miles away8700 Beverly Blvd Los Angeles California 90048Voluntary non-profit - Other(310) 423-5000
- Lac+Usc Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.95 miles away1200 N State St, Room c2k100 Los Angeles California 90033Government - Local(323) 226-2800
- Glendale Mem Hospital & Hlth CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.35 miles away1420 S Central Ave Glendale California 91204Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 502-1900
- Fmc-Dialysis Services of Mid-Wilshire1.13 miles away3545 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 100-103 Los Angeles California 90010CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (213) 382-8864
- Davita-Los Angeles Dialysis Center2.29 miles away3901 S. Western Avenue Los Angeles California 90062CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (323) 294-0670
- u.s. Renal Care Downtown Los Angeles Dialysis2.41 miles away2511 W 3rd Street, Suite 120 Los Angeles California 90057Dialysis Stations: 24 (213) 487-7730
- St. Vincent Dialysis Center, Inc.2.61 miles away201 S. Alvarado Street, Suite 220 Los Angeles California 90057Dialysis Stations: 17 (213) 484-7425
- Davita-Los Angeles Downtown2.67 miles away2021 S. Flower Street Los Angeles California 90007CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (213) 745-4222
- Davita-Silver Lake Dialysis2.71 miles away2723 W. Temple St Los Angeles California 90026CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (213) 480-3039
- u.s. Renal Care Grand Avenue Dialysis2.87 miles away1400 S. Grand Avenue, Suite 105 Los Angeles California 90015CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (213) 867-1111
- u.s. Renal Care Grand Home Program2.9 miles away1145 West 6th Street, Suite 100 Los Angeles California 90017Dialysis Stations: 3 (213) 250-9758