Country Villa North is an average-sized nursing home located in Los Angeles, California. This facility was awarded an overall grade of B-, which is a good score. In a city without an elite selection of nursing homes, we found that this facility was better than the average facility in Los Angeles. We were also pleased to find that this place was consistent in all four of the major categories. More information about these categories is available below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Country Villa North
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Los Angeles senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
It should also be noted that this facility's inspection rating outpaced its overall grade. In fact, we awarded it a B+ for its inspections rating, which is one of our better scores. Our inspection scores weigh several factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher grades in this area usually have few of these severe deficiencies. While this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' deficiency scale. A couple relatively minor deficiencies are not something to panic about.
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B in our short-term care category. This is one of our higher grades. In the category of short-term care, we endeavor to evaluate measures of a facility's rehabilitation services. We analyze a facility's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Unfortunately, we were not able to find information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The final metric we considered in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Country Villa North?
Another reason we rated this nursing home so highly is that it received an A+ nursing rating. This is simply as good as it gets in this area. The nursing score considers many subcategories. The most heavily weighted one is the number of hours nurses spent with patients. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the next area, this nursing home was awarded a decent long-term care grade of B-. In the category of long-term care, we focus on the quantity of care offered by a nursing home, rather than more healthcare-oriented services. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Fortunately, this nursing home gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is an above average total. Finally, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.04 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Country Villa North Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Country Villa North, 8.27% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This measures the percent of long-term patients who suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Country Villa North, 2.99% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are routinely caused by lower levels of patient supervision. Better nursing care reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Country Villa North, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely associated with poor nursing care. More frequent bathing minimizes the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Note that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Country Villa North, 4.19% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are administered to patients for many conditions, such as dementia. Tragically, in some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Country Villa North, 4.95% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic measures the percent of long-term residents who are given antianxiety medication. These drugs are typically used to treat residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Country Villa North, 3.24% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Country Villa North, 100% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Country Villa North, 8.99% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate the erosion of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Country Villa North, 6.18% of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Country Villa North, 0.04 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Country Villa North, 6.18% of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Country Villa North, 9.55% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Country Villa North, 65.1% of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with activities of daily living often correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
Scores for Los Angeles, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Los Angeles, California has 34 other nursing homes
- Saint Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.51 miles away2131 W 3rd St Los Angeles California 90057Voluntary non-profit - Church(213) 484-7111
- California Hospital Medical Center LaAcute Care Hospitals 2.85 miles away1401 South Grand Avenue Los Angeles California 90015Voluntary non-profit - Other(213) 748-2411
- Southern California Hospital at HollywoodAcute Care Hospitals 3.47 miles away6245 De Longpre Ave Los Angeles California 90028Proprietary(323) 462-2271
- Hollywood Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.58 miles away1300 N Vermont Ave Los Angeles California 90027Proprietary(213) 413-3000
- Children's Hosp of Los AngelesChildrens 3.72 miles away4650 Sunset Blvd, Ms 108 Los Angeles California 90027Voluntary non-profit - Private(323) 669-2164
- Cedars-Sinai Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.33 miles away8700 Beverly Blvd Los Angeles California 90048Voluntary non-profit - Other(310) 423-5000
- Lac+Usc Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.95 miles away1200 N State St, Room c2k100 Los Angeles California 90033Government - Local(323) 226-2800
- Glendale Mem Hospital & Hlth CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.35 miles away1420 S Central Ave Glendale California 91204Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 502-1900
- Fmc-Dialysis Services of Mid-Wilshire1.13 miles away3545 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 100-103 Los Angeles California 90010CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (213) 382-8864
- Davita-Los Angeles Dialysis Center2.29 miles away3901 S. Western Avenue Los Angeles California 90062CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (323) 294-0670
- u.s. Renal Care Downtown Los Angeles Dialysis2.41 miles away2511 W 3rd Street, Suite 120 Los Angeles California 90057Dialysis Stations: 24 (213) 487-7730
- St. Vincent Dialysis Center, Inc.2.61 miles away201 S. Alvarado Street, Suite 220 Los Angeles California 90057Dialysis Stations: 17 (213) 484-7425
- Davita-Los Angeles Downtown2.67 miles away2021 S. Flower Street Los Angeles California 90007CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (213) 745-4222
- Davita-Silver Lake Dialysis2.71 miles away2723 W. Temple St Los Angeles California 90026CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (213) 480-3039
- u.s. Renal Care Grand Avenue Dialysis2.87 miles away1400 S. Grand Avenue, Suite 105 Los Angeles California 90015CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (213) 867-1111
- u.s. Renal Care Grand Home Program2.9 miles away1145 West 6th Street, Suite 100 Los Angeles California 90017Dialysis Stations: 3 (213) 250-9758