Country Villa Mar Vista Healthcare Center is located in the large metropolitan area of Los Angeles, California with a population of 2,378,448 people. With a rock bottom overall grade of F, this facility isn't high on our list. In our view, you would be better off to avoid of this place. We would not blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another nursing home. However, if you want to learn more about this nursing home's category grades, inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Country Villa Mar Vista Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Note: Country Villa Mar Vista Healthcare Center has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
Get pricing and details on Los Angeles senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While we graded this facility incredibly poorly overall, it received a fairly respectable inspection report this year. As a result, it received a decent grade in that category with a score of B-. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing these inspection ratings. One of those factors is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these end up being quite minor. Although this facility had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were severe based on CMS' scale. Finally, CMS flagged this nursing home for possible abuse or neglect. This is not what you want to see. We advise you to direct your search elsewhere.
We were also surprised to find that this facility received a decent nursing grade this year. We gave it a grade of B- in that category. The nursing rating assesses several components, most of which are based on nursing hours. This nursing home averages just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low figure. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home fared better in some of the quality measures we assessed. In fact, it performed well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these areas to be indicators of the quality of nursing care. In some cases, the quality of nursing care is as important as the number of hours of care provided.
Does this page answer your questions about Country Villa Mar Vista Healthcare Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Unfortunately, this nursing home's third highest score was short-term care. However, with a D in this area, it still fared somewhat badly. Our short-term care scores are probably most meaningful for patients requiring rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation usually utilizes higher levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes not only nursing, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. With its score in this area, we weren't stunned to discover that this nursing home is well below average in terms of its number of registered nurse and physical therapy hours offered to its patients based on the data we looked at. Honestly, this was what we expected here. Finally, we looked at the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. This wasn't a strength for this facility. We found that just 4.3 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most facilities, around half of their residents are able to return home so this is well below average.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we analyzed is long-term care, where this facility was given an abysmal grade in this category as well. Unfortunately, we gave it an F in this category, which is definitely a major concern. In a long-term care setting, the facility's primary objective is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. After considering the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is more than the vast majority of nursing homes. To our surprise, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home had fewer hospitalizations than most nursing homes. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Country Villa Mar Vista Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Country Villa Mar Vista Healthcare Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay patients who developed pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Country Villa Mar Vista Healthcare Center, 1.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in major injury are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Major falls resulting in injury are often caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Country Villa Mar Vista Healthcare Center, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who sustained a UTI. Although a higher rate of these infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it is difficult to compare between nursing homes due to varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Country Villa Mar Vista Healthcare Center, 10.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many patients, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Country Villa Mar Vista Healthcare Center, 13.84% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are generally given to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Country Villa Mar Vista Healthcare Center, 5.83% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents demonstrating depressive symptoms. Higher rates of depression may imply worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Country Villa Mar Vista Healthcare Center, 95.65% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Country Villa Mar Vista Healthcare Center, 8.26% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Country Villa Mar Vista Healthcare Center, 10.41% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients that were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Country Villa Mar Vista Healthcare Center, 1.78 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is important to maintaining the physical well-being of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Country Villa Mar Vista Healthcare Center, 10.41 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Country Villa Mar Vista Healthcare Center, 11.34 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Country Villa Mar Vista Healthcare Center, 79.12% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with activities of daily living often correlates with superior rehabilitation.
Scores for Los Angeles, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Los Angeles, California has 34 other nursing homes
- Providence Saint John's Health CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.59 miles away2121 Santa Monica Blvd Santa Monica California 90404Voluntary non-profit - Private(310) 829-5511
- Santa Monica - Ucla Med Ctr & Orthopaedic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.92 miles away1250 16th Street Santa Monica California 90404Voluntary non-profit - Private(310) 319-4000
- Ronald Reagan U C L a Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.36 miles away757 Westwood Plaza Los Angeles California 90095Government - State(310) 825-6301
- Resnick Neuropsychiatric Hospital at UclaPsychiatric 4.43 miles away150 Medical Plaza-Rm-4230c Los Angeles California 90095Government - State(310) 825-6962
- Cedars-Sinai Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.54 miles away8700 Beverly Blvd Los Angeles California 90048Voluntary non-profit - Other(310) 423-5000
- Southern California Hospital at HollywoodAcute Care Hospitals 8.47 miles away6245 De Longpre Ave Los Angeles California 90028Proprietary(323) 462-2271
- California Hospital Medical Center LaAcute Care Hospitals 9.38 miles away1401 South Grand Avenue Los Angeles California 90015Voluntary non-profit - Other(213) 748-2411
- Saint Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.51 miles away2131 W 3rd St Los Angeles California 90057Voluntary non-profit - Church(213) 484-7111
- Fmc-Culver City Dialysis0.69 miles away9432 Venice Blvd. Culver City California 90230CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (310) 836-2237
- u.s. Renal Care Culver City2.12 miles away9808 Venice Blvd., Suite 200 Culver City California 90232Dialysis Stations: 18 (310) 841-0500
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital Medical Ctr.- West Los Angeles2.57 miles awayDialysis Unit 6041 Cadillac Avenue, Suite 442 Los Angeles California 90034Dialysis Stations: 4 (323) 857-3245
- Davita-Century City Dialysis Center3.44 miles away10630 Santa Monica Blvd. Los Angeles California 90025CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (310) 954-2700
- Davita-Mar Vista3.48 miles away2020 Santa Monica Blvd., Suite 100 & 120 Santa Monica California 90404CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (310) 453-4900
- Davita-Santa Monica Dialysis3.9 miles away1260 15th Street, Suite 102 Santa Monica California 90404CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (310) 393-4744
- u.s. Renal Care West Los Angeles Dialysis3.9 miles away1801 S. La Cienega Blvd. Los Angeles California 90035CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (310) 840-5688
- Davita-Beverlywood Dialysis3.92 miles away2080 Century Park East, Suite 210 Los Angeles California 90067Dialysis Stations: 13 (310) 772-0224