Country Villa Hacienda Healthcare Center turns out to be one of a multitude of options to select from in San Bernardino, California. This facility received an F, which is just about as bad as it gets in our grading scheme. Not surprisingly, this is ranked as one of the five worst rated nursing homes in San Bernardino based on the data we assessed. With plenty of other nursing homes in the city, you should be able to do better. We wouldn't blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another facility. However, if you want to learn more about this nursing home's category grades, inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Country Villa Hacienda Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Note: Country Villa Hacienda Healthcare Center has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
Although we gave this facility a terrible overall grade, we awarded it a grade of B- for our inspections rating. In fact, the facility received very impressive inspection report this year. Inspection grades are based on pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are an important item to look for on these reports. Severe deficiencies indicate a risk to patient safety. This particular nursing home received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report. In addition to having severe deficiencies, this nursing home was cited by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. This is generally a really bad sign. We would never recommend this facility.
One of the other reasons we rated this nursing home so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing rating. In that area, we awarded this nursing home an B-. Our nursing grade is primarily based on the facility's level of nurse staffing. This place provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This is a relatively low total compared with most nursing homes. Finally, while this place got docked a bit for nursing hours, it excelled in some of our quality metrics. With less than five percent of its residents suffering from pressure ulcers, it did very well in this area.
Does this page answer your questions about Country Villa Hacienda Healthcare Center?
Long-term Care Quality
We were also surprised to find that this nursing home received a somewhat respectable long-term care score in our assessment. We awarded it a C in this category. With our long-term care category, we weigh the sheer quantity of services offered by a nursing home, as well as some quality datapoints. One of the datapoints we considered after nurse's aid hours was vaccines. Thankfully, this nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccination to 96.95946 percent of its patients. This nursing home also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Short-term Care Quality
The last area we scored was short-term care. This facility was given an abysmal grade of F in that area. Our short-term care ratings are likely most important for folks needing rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation usually mandates higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. This includes not just nursing, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. Lastly, we considered the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. This wasn't a strength for this facility. We found that just 3.2 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home. At most nursing homes, around half of their patients are able to return home so this is well below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Country Villa Hacienda Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Country Villa Hacienda Healthcare Center, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Country Villa Hacienda Healthcare Center, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are often caused by poor nursing care. Closer supervision can limit the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Country Villa Hacienda Healthcare Center, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care . UTI's are routinely linked to poor nursing care. However, this statistic may be skewed for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Country Villa Hacienda Healthcare Center, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term care residents that are administered antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents in situations where such drugs are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of residents suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Country Villa Hacienda Healthcare Center, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Country Villa Hacienda Healthcare Center, 4.33% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Country Villa Hacienda Healthcare Center, 95.72% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Country Villa Hacienda Healthcare Center, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Country Villa Hacienda Healthcare Center, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients that remained mobile levels. Some believe that mobility is vital to residents' physical and mental well-being.
In Country Villa Hacienda Healthcare Center, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is important to preserving the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Country Villa Hacienda Healthcare Center, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Country Villa Hacienda Healthcare Center, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Country Villa Hacienda Healthcare Center, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living typically correlates with better rehabilitation services.
Scores for San Bernardino, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? San Bernardino, California has 10 other nursing homes
- St Bernardine Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.24 miles away2101 N Waterman Ave San Bernardino California 92404Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 883-8711
- Community Hospital of San BernardinoAcute Care Hospitals 3.71 miles away1805 Medical Center Drive San Bernardino California 92411Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 887-6333
- Loma Linda University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.34 miles away11234 Anderson St Loma Linda California 92354Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 558-4000
- Arrowhead Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.09 miles away400 North Pepper Avenue Colton California 92324Government - Local(909) 580-1000
- Redlands Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.77 miles away350 Terracina Blvd Redlands California 92373Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 335-5500
- Mountains Community HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 9.97 miles away29101 Hospital Road Lake Arrowhead California 92352Government - Hospital District or Authority(909) 336-3651
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital FontanaAcute Care Hospitals 10.99 miles away9961 Sierra Ave Fontana California 92335Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 427-5500
- Riverside Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.27 miles away4445 Magnolia Avenue Riverside California 92501Proprietary(951) 788-3000
- Fmc-Rai-North Waterman-San Bernardino1.53 miles away1500 N. Waterman Avenue. Suite A San Bernardino California 92404CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (909) 381-1591
- Davita Serrano Dialysis3.74 miles away1800 Medical Center Dr. Suite 150 San Bernardino California 92411Dialysis Stations: 25 (909) 887-2717
- Davita-Mountain Vista Dialysis Center4.52 miles away4041 University Parkway San Bernardino California 92407CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (909) 887-0173
- Davita-Citrus Valley Dialysis4.74 miles away894 Hardt Street San Bernardino California 92408CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (909) 388-6608
- Fmc-San Bernardino4.76 miles away636 E. Brier Drive, Suite 150 San Bernardino California 92408CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (909) 890-9508
- Davita-Highland Ranch Dialysis Center5.08 miles away7223 Church Street, Suite a-14 Highland California 92346CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (909) 862-9670
- Fmc-Loma Linda5.62 miles away269 E. Caroline Street, Suite A San Bernardino California 92408CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (909) 514-1008
- Fmc-Rai-Indiana Court-Redlands5.95 miles away1210 Indiana Court Redlands California 92374CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (909) 792-8880