Located in San Bernardino, California, Country Villa Hacienda Healthcare Center is one of six available facilities in the city. This facility was given an F, which is really a bottom of the barrel score in our grading scheme. Not surprisingly, this is ranked as one of the bottom five rated facilities in San Bernardino based on the data we assessed. With many other facilities in the city, you may simply want to look elsewhere. We would not blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another nursing home. However, if you want to learn more about this place's category grades, inspection grades are discussed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Country Villa Hacienda Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on San Bernardino senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While this facility's overall grade was as bad as it gets, it actually didn't perform terribly in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of C for that category, which is one of our better scores. We believe that one of the most critical factors in evaluating an inspection report is deficiencies. We especially focus on the severity of the deficiencies. Surprisingly, this nursing home was assessed a category J through K deficiency, which are among the worst possible deficiencies. This often indicates the government inspectors found a deficiency which placed patient safety or health in immediate danger. Unfortunately, we also need to draw your attention to the fact that this facility received significant government fines in recent years.
We were also surprised to find that this facility received a decent nursing grade this year. We gave it a grade of C in that category. Our nursing grade is primarily tied to a nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides only 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This is a somewhat alarming figure as it is well below the national average. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this place surprisingly fared better in some of the quality measures we looked at. In fact, it scored well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Does this page answer your questions about Country Villa Hacienda Healthcare Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to the category of short-term care, this facility was given a grade of just D in this category. In determining our short-term care scores, we analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our objective is to formulate a scale for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different facilities. With a grade in this range for this category, we were not surprised to find this place was well below average in many staffing areas we assess. The nursing home supplied substantially fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than most other nursing homes. The last statistic we assessed in this category is the number of patients who who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 0 percent of its patients returning home.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we looked at is long-term care, which is this nursing home's least impressive area. We gave this nursing home a grade of D in this area. For prospective patients seeking a permanent place to live rather than rehabilitation, long-term care grades are a key measure. One of the statistics we considered in addition to nursing hours was vaccines. Thankfully, this nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccine to 97.22222 percent of its residents. To our surprise, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility had fewer hospitalizations than many nursing homes. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Country Villa Hacienda Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Country Villa Hacienda Healthcare Center, 9.18% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often the result of patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can reduce the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Country Villa Hacienda Healthcare Center, 2.08% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients which have suffered falls which caused serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Country Villa Hacienda Healthcare Center, 1.12% of Patients had UTIs
This figure gauges the percent of long-term patients who experienced a UTI. UTI's may be an indication of lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic can also be misleading for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Country Villa Hacienda Healthcare Center, 19.69% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term care patients who were given antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents in scenarios where such medications aren't medically required. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of patients with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Country Villa Hacienda Healthcare Center, 15.65% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are used to treat residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Country Villa Hacienda Healthcare Center, 7.48% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Country Villa Hacienda Healthcare Center, 91.47% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these vaccines critical to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Country Villa Hacienda Healthcare Center, 10.98% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and continence. Many in the industry argue this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Country Villa Hacienda Healthcare Center, 10.91% of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Country Villa Hacienda Healthcare Center, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Country Villa Hacienda Healthcare Center, 10.91% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Country Villa Hacienda Healthcare Center, 13.47% of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Country Villa Hacienda Healthcare Center, 71.94% of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some argue that this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for San Bernardino, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? San Bernardino, California has 5 other nursing homes
- St Bernardine Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.24 miles away2101 N Waterman Ave San Bernardino California 92404Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 883-8711
- Community Hospital of San BernardinoAcute Care Hospitals 3.71 miles away1805 Medical Center Drive San Bernardino California 92411Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 887-6333
- Loma Linda University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.34 miles away11234 Anderson St Loma Linda California 92354Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 558-4000
- Arrowhead Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.09 miles away400 North Pepper Avenue Colton California 92324Government - Local(909) 580-1000
- Redlands Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.77 miles away350 Terracina Blvd Redlands California 92373Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 335-5500
- Mountains Community HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 9.97 miles away29101 Hospital Road Lake Arrowhead California 92352Government - Hospital District or Authority(909) 336-3651
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital FontanaAcute Care Hospitals 10.99 miles away9961 Sierra Ave Fontana California 92335Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 427-5500
- Riverside Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.27 miles away4445 Magnolia Avenue Riverside California 92501Proprietary(951) 788-3000
- Fmc-Rai-North Waterman-San Bernardino1.53 miles away1500 N. Waterman Avenue. Suite A San Bernardino California 92404CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (909) 381-1591
- Davita Serrano Dialysis3.74 miles away1800 Medical Center Dr. Suite 150 San Bernardino California 92411Dialysis Stations: 25 (909) 887-2717
- Davita-Mountain Vista Dialysis Center4.52 miles away4041 University Parkway San Bernardino California 92407CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (909) 887-0173
- Davita-Citrus Valley Dialysis4.74 miles away894 Hardt Street San Bernardino California 92408CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (909) 388-6608
- Fmc-San Bernardino4.76 miles away636 E. Brier Drive, Suite 150 San Bernardino California 92408CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (909) 890-9508
- Davita-Highland Ranch Dialysis Center5.08 miles away7223 Church Street, Suite a-14 Highland California 92346CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (909) 862-9670
- Fmc-Loma Linda5.62 miles away269 E. Caroline Street, Suite A San Bernardino California 92408CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (909) 514-1008
- Fmc-Rai-Indiana Court-Redlands5.95 miles away1210 Indiana Court Redlands California 92374CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (909) 792-8880