Country Villa Hacienda Healthcare Center turns out to be one of a multitude of options to select from in San Bernardino, California. This facility received an overall grade of D, which is a lower end score. Although this grade isn't too far off the city grade in San Bernardino which is a C, you still ought to be able to do better. The only positive thing we can say about this nursing home is that it didn't receive any F's in in any of the major categories. Additional information about these categories can be found below.
Country Villa Hacienda Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Note: Country Villa Hacienda Healthcare Center has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
While we did not have many favorable things to say about this facility's overall grade, it did receive a respectable nursing grade of C. Nursing grades are tied to quantity of nursing care available. This facility provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home fared better in some of the quality measures we looked at. It performed well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
We gave this nursing home a C for the category of inspections. These inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Surprisingly, this nursing home had a category J through K deficiency, which are some of the worst possible deficiencies. This generally tells you that the government inspectors identified a deficiency which placed resident health or safety in imminent jeopardy. On top of having severe deficiencies, this facility was cited by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. We would not recommend this facility under any circumstance.
Does this page answer your questions about Country Villa Hacienda Healthcare Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's third best category was its long-term care grade, where it was given a grade of C. Our long-term care grades are based in part on the nursing home's quantity of nursing care. This means a vast spectrum of personal care services, ranging from assistance with activities of daily living to routine healthcare services. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Thankfully, this facility administered the vaccine to 94.98328 percent of its patients, which is an above average percentage. Finally, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to the last area, this facility was awarded a respectable short-term care score of C. In calculating our short-term care ratings, we scrutinize a nursing home's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This rating is often a reliable assessment of a facility's rehabilitation services. We found that this facility was below average in the two key staffing areas we assessed. It offered fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other facilities. It is important to determine whether this also correlates to a lower quality of care. The final item we considered in this category is the number of residents who ultimately returned home from the facility. We found that just 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Country Villa Hacienda Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Country Villa Hacienda Healthcare Center, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Country Villa Hacienda Healthcare Center, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care. Better nursing protocols can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Country Villa Hacienda Healthcare Center, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . UTI's are routinely associated with a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this metric may also be misleading for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Country Villa Hacienda Healthcare Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs are used for treating a variety of medical conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Country Villa Hacienda Healthcare Center, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients that are given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are used to treat residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Country Villa Hacienda Healthcare Center, 4.64% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients exhibiting symptoms of depression. High levels of depression could be an indicator lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Country Villa Hacienda Healthcare Center, 95.44% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Country Villa Hacienda Healthcare Center, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Country Villa Hacienda Healthcare Center, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term patients that remained mobile levels. Some argue that mobility is vital to residents' physical and mental health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Country Villa Hacienda Healthcare Center, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Country Villa Hacienda Healthcare Center, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for San Bernardino, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? San Bernardino, California has 10 other nursing homes
- St Bernardine Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.24 miles away2101 N Waterman Ave San Bernardino California 92404Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 883-8711
- Community Hospital of San BernardinoAcute Care Hospitals 3.71 miles away1805 Medical Center Drive San Bernardino California 92411Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 887-6333
- Loma Linda University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.34 miles away11234 Anderson St Loma Linda California 92354Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 558-4000
- Arrowhead Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.09 miles away400 North Pepper Avenue Colton California 92324Government - Local(909) 580-1000
- Redlands Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.77 miles away350 Terracina Blvd Redlands California 92373Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 335-5500
- Mountains Community HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 9.97 miles away29101 Hospital Road Lake Arrowhead California 92352Government - Hospital District or Authority(909) 336-3651
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital FontanaAcute Care Hospitals 10.99 miles away9961 Sierra Ave Fontana California 92335Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 427-5500
- Riverside Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.27 miles away4445 Magnolia Avenue Riverside California 92501Proprietary(951) 788-3000
- Fmc-Rai-North Waterman-San Bernardino1.53 miles away1500 N. Waterman Avenue. Suite A San Bernardino California 92404CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (909) 381-1591
- Davita Serrano Dialysis3.74 miles away1800 Medical Center Dr. Suite 150 San Bernardino California 92411Dialysis Stations: 25 (909) 887-2717
- Davita-Mountain Vista Dialysis Center4.52 miles away4041 University Parkway San Bernardino California 92407CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (909) 887-0173
- Davita-Citrus Valley Dialysis4.74 miles away894 Hardt Street San Bernardino California 92408CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (909) 388-6608
- Fmc-San Bernardino4.76 miles away636 E. Brier Drive, Suite 150 San Bernardino California 92408CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (909) 890-9508
- Davita-Highland Ranch Dialysis Center5.08 miles away7223 Church Street, Suite a-14 Highland California 92346CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (909) 862-9670
- Fmc-Loma Linda5.62 miles away269 E. Caroline Street, Suite A San Bernardino California 92408CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (909) 514-1008
- Fmc-Rai-Indiana Court-Redlands5.95 miles away1210 Indiana Court Redlands California 92374CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (909) 792-8880