Country Villa East Nursing Center is located in the densely populated metropolitan area of Los Angeles, California with a total of 2,378,448 people. This is a lower end nursing home, with an overall grade of D. While this score isn't too far off the city grade in Los Angeles which is a C, you still should be able to find a better option. If you aren't deterred by this place's profile, feel free to continue reading to learn more about its category scores. Nursing grades are discussed in the next section.
Country Villa East Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Registered Staff Hours
Although we didn't give this nursing home a good overall grade, we did give it a strong grade in the area of nursing, where it earned a grade of B. This is better than most nursing homes in this area. Our nursing grade includes numerous datapoints. The most heavily weighted factor is the number of hours nurses spent with patients. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
One of this facility's more favorable category scores was in the category of short-term care. This ended up being its second most favorable category. In that area, we awarded this facility a C. Short-term care grades are vital for prospective residents requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically mandates additional highly-skilled nursing services. This means a wide spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Unfortunately, this place was below average in terms of its number of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its residents based on the measures we assessed. Finally, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 4 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most facilities, closer to half of their patients are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Country Villa East Nursing Center?
This facility earned mediocre government inspections in recent years. We awarded them a grade of C in this category. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining these inspection ratings. One of those factors is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these can be quite insignificant. This nursing home was assessed 8 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were in categories G through L. This indicates this facility avoided the more significant categories of deficiencies. Lastly, we would like to point out that this place has received some government fines recently. Fortunately these were not on the high end as government fines go. That said, this is still not what you like to find.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we scored was long-term care, where this nursing home received a very poor grade in this category also. We gave it a lowly F in this area, which is definitely a major disappointment. If you are looking for services other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each facility's long-term care scores. On top of assessing the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Fortunately, this facility vaccinated 99.631 percent of its patients, which is a very respectable figure. Surprisingly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility had fewer hospitalizations than the average nursing home. Sadly, some of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Country Villa East Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Country Villa East Nursing Center, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who developed new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Country Villa East Nursing Center, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that have suffered a fall which resulted in severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be a sign of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Country Villa East Nursing Center, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often the result of a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this datapoint can also be skewed for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Country Villa East Nursing Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term patients who are prescribed antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some nursing homes may need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of residents with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Country Villa East Nursing Center, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are administered to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Country Villa East Nursing Center, 4.64% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Country Villa East Nursing Center, 95.44% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Country Villa East Nursing Center, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Country Villa East Nursing Center, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients that were able to retain mobility.
In Country Villa East Nursing Center, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care. There is generally a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Country Villa East Nursing Center, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Country Villa East Nursing Center, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the emergency room and the quality of rehabilitation.
Scores for Los Angeles, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Los Angeles, California has 74 other nursing homes
- California Hospital Medical Center LaAcute Care Hospitals 2.5 miles away1401 South Grand Avenue Los Angeles California 90015Voluntary non-profit - Other(213) 748-2411
- Saint Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.8 miles away2131 W 3rd St Los Angeles California 90057Voluntary non-profit - Church(213) 484-7111
- Hollywood Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.36 miles away1300 N Vermont Ave Los Angeles California 90027Proprietary(213) 413-3000
- Southern California Hospital at HollywoodAcute Care Hospitals 4.4 miles away6245 De Longpre Ave Los Angeles California 90028Proprietary(323) 462-2271
- Children's Hosp of Los AngelesChildrens 4.51 miles away4650 Sunset Blvd, Ms 108 Los Angeles California 90027Voluntary non-profit - Private(323) 669-2164
- Cedars-Sinai Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.02 miles away8700 Beverly Blvd Los Angeles California 90048Voluntary non-profit - Other(310) 423-5000
- Community Hospital of Huntington ParkAcute Care Hospitals 5.83 miles away2623 E Slauson Ave Huntington Park California 90255Proprietary(323) 583-1931
- Lac+Usc Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.87 miles away1200 N State St, Room c2k100 Los Angeles California 90033Government - Local(323) 226-2800
- Davita-Los Angeles Dialysis Center1.38 miles away3901 S. Western Avenue Los Angeles California 90062CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (323) 294-0670
- Fmc-Dialysis Services of Mid-Wilshire1.93 miles away3545 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 100-103 Los Angeles California 90010CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (213) 382-8864
- Davita-Los Angeles Downtown2.07 miles away2021 S. Flower Street Los Angeles California 90007CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (213) 745-4222
- Davita-University Park Dialysis Center2.21 miles away3986 S. Figueroa Street Los Angeles California 90037CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (213) 749-8297
- u.s. Renal Care Grand Avenue Dialysis2.51 miles away1400 S. Grand Avenue, Suite 105 Los Angeles California 90015CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (213) 867-1111
- u.s. Renal Care Downtown Los Angeles Dialysis2.79 miles away2511 W 3rd Street, Suite 120 Los Angeles California 90057Dialysis Stations: 24 (213) 487-7730
- Kidney Dialysis Center of Baldwin Hills, LLC2.85 miles away3705 S. La Brea Avenue Los Angeles California 90016Dialysis Stations: 17 (323) 293-4488
- Davita-Washington Plaza Dialysis Center2.89 miles away516-522 E. Washington Blvd. Los Angeles California 90015CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (213) 749-2433