Country Villa East Nursing Center is located in the densely populated metropolitan area of Los Angeles, California with a total of 2,378,448 people. With an overall grade of F, we consider this to be a bottom of the barrel facility. We ranked this as one of the ten worst rated facilities in Los Angeles. Since the city has more than 60 other facilities, you ought to be able to find an alternative here. We wouldn't blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another facility. However, if you want to learn more about this facility's category grades, we will discuss nursing in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Country Villa East Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Los Angeles senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Even though we graded this facility incredibly poorly overall, it received a somewhat respectable nursing score this year. We gave it a B- in that area. When computing a nursing home's nursing score, we consider the number of hours nurses commit to residents and the skill levels of those nurses. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This is a low total compared to most facilities. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics. While this facility got dinged a bit for nursing hours, it excelled in some of these quality metrics. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it did very well in this area. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as employing a protocol of moving patients even once per day.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also didn't fare too badly in the area of short-term care. In fact, we gave it a grade of C for that category, which ended up being among its more respectable scores. In our short-term care rating, we try to create a fair measure for rehabilitation. In this process, we assess a nursing home's offerings of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Unfortunately, this nursing home was below average in terms of its quantity of registered nurse and physical therapy hours provided to its residents based on the metrics we assessed. Finally, we considered the percentage of patients that ultimately returned home from this nursing home. We found that 4 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was well below the national average.
Does this page answer your questions about Country Villa East Nursing Center?
Unfortunately, with a grade of D in the inspection category, this facility performed relatively poorly in that area. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in determining these inspection ratings. One critical factor is health deficiencies. We suggest you scrutinize the severity of the deficiencies. This nursing home had 8 deficiencies on its inspection report. The only positive thing we can say is that none of its deficiencies were in the categories that suggest they posed a risk to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility also received 28 substantiated complaints in recent years. This is yet another bad sign.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we scored is long-term care, which ended up being this facility's worst category. We awarded this facility a D in that category. For residents in need of a permanent residence rather than rehabilitation, long-term care grades are very important. After considering the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination data. We were optimistic to discover that this nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia. To our surprise, this place also fared well at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Sadly, some of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Country Villa East Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Country Villa East Nursing Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Country Villa East Nursing Center, 1.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure measures the percent of long-term care patients that had falls leading to serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Country Villa East Nursing Center, 1.34% of Patients had UTIs
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay patients that experienced UTI's. UTI's may be a sign of lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic can also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Country Villa East Nursing Center, 10.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure tells you the percent of long-term stay patients taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Country Villa East Nursing Center, 13.84% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents that are given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Country Villa East Nursing Center, 5.83% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Country Villa East Nursing Center, 95.65% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Country Villa East Nursing Center, 8.26% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of deterioration of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Country Villa East Nursing Center, 10.41% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents that retained mobility levels.
In Country Villa East Nursing Center, 1.78 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Country Villa East Nursing Center, 10.41 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Country Villa East Nursing Center, 11.34 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of care.
Scores for Los Angeles, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Los Angeles, California has 34 other nursing homes
- California Hospital Medical Center LaAcute Care Hospitals 2.5 miles away1401 South Grand Avenue Los Angeles California 90015Voluntary non-profit - Other(213) 748-2411
- Saint Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.8 miles away2131 W 3rd St Los Angeles California 90057Voluntary non-profit - Church(213) 484-7111
- Hollywood Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.36 miles away1300 N Vermont Ave Los Angeles California 90027Proprietary(213) 413-3000
- Southern California Hospital at HollywoodAcute Care Hospitals 4.4 miles away6245 De Longpre Ave Los Angeles California 90028Proprietary(323) 462-2271
- Children's Hosp of Los AngelesChildrens 4.51 miles away4650 Sunset Blvd, Ms 108 Los Angeles California 90027Voluntary non-profit - Private(323) 669-2164
- Cedars-Sinai Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.02 miles away8700 Beverly Blvd Los Angeles California 90048Voluntary non-profit - Other(310) 423-5000
- Community Hospital of Huntington ParkAcute Care Hospitals 5.83 miles away2623 E Slauson Ave Huntington Park California 90255Proprietary(323) 583-1931
- Lac+Usc Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.87 miles away1200 N State St, Room c2k100 Los Angeles California 90033Government - Local(323) 226-2800
- Davita-Los Angeles Dialysis Center1.38 miles away3901 S. Western Avenue Los Angeles California 90062CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (323) 294-0670
- Fmc-Dialysis Services of Mid-Wilshire1.93 miles away3545 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 100-103 Los Angeles California 90010CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (213) 382-8864
- Davita-Los Angeles Downtown2.07 miles away2021 S. Flower Street Los Angeles California 90007CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (213) 745-4222
- Davita-University Park Dialysis Center2.21 miles away3986 S. Figueroa Street Los Angeles California 90037CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (213) 749-8297
- u.s. Renal Care Grand Avenue Dialysis2.51 miles away1400 S. Grand Avenue, Suite 105 Los Angeles California 90015CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (213) 867-1111
- u.s. Renal Care Downtown Los Angeles Dialysis2.79 miles away2511 W 3rd Street, Suite 120 Los Angeles California 90057Dialysis Stations: 24 (213) 487-7730
- Kidney Dialysis Center of Baldwin Hills, LLC2.85 miles away3705 S. La Brea Avenue Los Angeles California 90016Dialysis Stations: 17 (323) 293-4488
- Davita-Washington Plaza Dialysis Center2.89 miles away516-522 E. Washington Blvd. Los Angeles California 90015CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (213) 749-2433