Country Villa Belmont Heights is an average-sized nursing home located in Long Beach, California. We gave this facility an alarming overall grade based on the data we looked at. Fortunately, if you aren't impressed with this facility, there are countless other options available in this city. More information on this nursing home's category grades is available below. Its best category was nursing, which is addressed in the next section.
Country Villa Belmont Heights
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Note: Country Villa Belmont Heights has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Unfortunately, we didn't have many favorable things to say about this facility's overall score or its category grades. However, with just a D in this area, it still performed relatively poorly. The nursing rating weighs a number of subcategories. The most important factor is the number of hours nurses spent with residents. This particular facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis, which is not great. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing grades. This nursing home fared well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these metrics to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
We gave this facility a grade of just D for our long-term care rating and that actually turned out to be its next most favorable score. For long-term care residents, the facility's primary goal is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. One of the criteria we considered in addition to nurse's aid hours was vaccinations. Fortunately, this facility administered the pneumonia vaccine to 99.70149 percent of its residents. To our surprise, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.04 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this nursing home had fewer hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. Unfortunately, some of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Does this page answer your questions about Country Villa Belmont Heights?
We wanted to draw your attention to this nursing home's inspection rating where it received an F. When a place has this poor of an inspection score, you should expect some severe deficiencies on its inspection report. Severe deficiencies indicate a risk to patient safety. This particular facility was assessed 8 deficiencies on its inspection report. The only positive thing we can say is that none of the deficiencies were in the categories that suggest they caused a threat to resident health or safety. Finally, this facility was cited by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. We would not recommend this facility under any circumstance.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we graded was short-term care. This facility was given an abysmal grade of F in that category. In our short-term care score, we try to create a valuable gauge for rehabilitation. In this process, we assess a nursing home's scope of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Given its abysmal grade in this category, we were not shocked to discover that this nursing home provides substantially fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other facilities. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. This was not a strength for this facility. We found that just 2.7 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most facilities, about half of their patients are able to return home so this is well below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Country Villa Belmont Heights Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Country Villa Belmont Heights, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term stay patients that suffered from pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a solid barometer of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Country Villa Belmont Heights, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This gauges the percentage of long-term care residents who sustained falls leading to serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indicator of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Country Villa Belmont Heights, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This measures the percent of long-term stay residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. While a higher rate infections could reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it can be difficult to compare between nursing homes due to differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Country Villa Belmont Heights, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic measures the percent of long-term care residents that are given antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents in situations where such medications aren't medically required. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of patients with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Country Villa Belmont Heights, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are generally prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Country Villa Belmont Heights, 4.33% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who are showing symptoms of depression. Increased rates of depression may reveal lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Country Villa Belmont Heights, 95.72% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Country Villa Belmont Heights, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate the decline of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Country Villa Belmont Heights, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Country Villa Belmont Heights, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care. There is generally a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the overall quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Country Villa Belmont Heights, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Country Villa Belmont Heights, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Country Villa Belmont Heights, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many argue this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Long Beach, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Long Beach, California has 25 other nursing homes
- St Mary Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.28 miles away1050 Linden Ave Long Beach California 90813Voluntary non-profit - Church(562) 491-9000
- College Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.96 miles away2776 Pacific Avenue Long Beach California 90806Proprietary(562) 595-1911
- Los Alamitos Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.72 miles away3751 Katella Avenue Los Alamitos California 90720Proprietary(562) 799-3220
- Lakewood Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.97 miles away3700 E South St Lakewood California 90712Proprietary(562) 602-6751
- Coast Plaza HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.96 miles away13100 Studerbaker Road Norwalk California 90650Proprietary(310) 356-0550
- Lac/Harbor-Ucla Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.99 miles away1000 W Carson St Torrance California 90502Government - Local(310) 222-2101
- West Anaheim Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.07 miles away3033 W Orange Avenue Anaheim California 92804Proprietary(714) 827-3000
- Pih Hospital - DowneyAcute Care Hospitals 10.2 miles away11500 Brookshire Avenue Downey California 90241Voluntary non-profit - Private(526) 904-5000
- u.s. Renal Care West Coast Dialysis1.32 miles away3780 Kilroy Airport Way, Suite 110 Long Beach California 90806CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (562) 989-3010
- Davita-El Dorado Dialysis1.51 miles away2977 Redondo Avenue Long Beach California 90806CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (562) 988-3418
- Davita-Long Beach Harbor (Ucla) Dialysis Center1.77 miles away1075 E. Pacific Coast Highway Long Beach California 90806CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (562) 599-1511
- u.s. Renal Care Long Beach Dialysis2.19 miles away1045 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 108 Long Beach California 90813CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (562) 435-3637
- Long Beach Quest Dialysis Center2.98 miles away3140 Long Beach Blvd. Long Beach California 90807CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (562) 988-8866
- Fmc-Long Beach3.16 miles away440 W. Ocean Blvd. Long Beach California 90802CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (562) 432-4444
- Davita-United Dialysis Center4.13 miles away3111 Long Beach Blvd. Long Beach California 90807CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (562) 426-5155
- Davita-Bixby Knolls Dialysis4.13 miles away3744 Long Beach Blvd. Long Beach California 90807CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (562) 424-1403