Country Villa Bay Vista Hcc is in the densely populated metropolitan area of Long Beach, California with a population of 471,952 people. This facility received an overall grade of F. Based on our assessment, this nursing home likely isn't a fit for anyone. More information on this facility's category grades may be found below. Its best category was nursing, which is discussed in the next paragraph.
Country Villa Bay Vista Hcc
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
While we graded this nursing home extremely poorly overall, it received a fairly respectable nursing rating this year. We gave it a C in that category. Our nursing rating weighs a host of datapoints. The most important variable is the quantity of hours nurses spend with residents. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This is a lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, while this place got docked a bit for nursing hours, it excelled in a few of our quality metrics. With fewer than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed well in this metric.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also didn't rate poorly in the area of long-term care. Indeed, we awarded it a C for that category, which is another one of its more favorable scores. In the area of long-term care, we analyze the amount of services provided by a facility, as opposed to more medically-intensive services. On top of assessing the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Thankfully, this nursing home gave the vaccine to 99.36306 percent of its residents, which is a very respectable datapoint. This place keeps its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Country Villa Bay Vista Hcc?
Short-term Care Quality
As it turns out, this facility only earned a D for its short-term care grade, which is well below average in this category. Our short-term care grade is commonly employed to judge a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation To offer good rehabilitation services, facilities generally must offer higher levels of highly skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other types of therapists. With its score in this area, we weren't surprised to learn that this nursing home is well below average in terms of its number of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its residents based on the data we assessed. Frankly, this was about what we expected to find. Finally, we considered the number of residents who ultimately returned home from this nursing home. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 3.6 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Turning to our final category of inspections, this facility received a grade that's as bad as it gets. We weight this category more heavily than our other categories. With places that received this poor of an inspection rating, we recommend scrutinizing any severe deficiencies on its inspection report. This facility was assessed 5 deficiencies by CMS. The only favorable thing we can say is that none of the deficiencies were in the categories that suggest that they posed a risk to patient health or safety. Finally, we want to draw your attention to the fact that this place received significant government fines recently totaling over $100,000. This generally suggests that a poor performance has been an issue for more than one year.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Country Villa Bay Vista Hcc Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Country Villa Bay Vista Hcc, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Country Villa Bay Vista Hcc, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term patients which sustained falls which caused serious injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be a sign of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Country Villa Bay Vista Hcc, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This figure tells you the percent of long-term patients that had a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be an indicator of a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this metric can be skewed for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Country Villa Bay Vista Hcc, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Country Villa Bay Vista Hcc, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety medications. These medications are generally used to treat patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Country Villa Bay Vista Hcc, 4.33% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients exhibiting symptoms of depression. High levels of depression may reveal worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Country Villa Bay Vista Hcc, 95.72% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Country Villa Bay Vista Hcc, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of the decline of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Country Villa Bay Vista Hcc, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay patients who maintained mobility. Some experts believe that the ability to move around is vital to residents' health.
In Country Villa Bay Vista Hcc, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. There is a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Country Villa Bay Vista Hcc, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Country Villa Bay Vista Hcc, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Country Villa Bay Vista Hcc, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Long Beach, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Long Beach, California has 25 other nursing homes
- Lakewood Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.25 miles away3700 E South St Lakewood California 90712Proprietary(562) 602-6751
- Coast Plaza HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.47 miles away13100 Studerbaker Road Norwalk California 90650Proprietary(310) 356-0550
- College Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.52 miles away2776 Pacific Avenue Long Beach California 90806Proprietary(562) 595-1911
- Pih Hospital - DowneyAcute Care Hospitals 5.1 miles away11500 Brookshire Avenue Downey California 90241Voluntary non-profit - Private(526) 904-5000
- St Mary Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.06 miles away1050 Linden Ave Long Beach California 90813Voluntary non-profit - Church(562) 491-9000
- Los Alamitos Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.43 miles away3751 Katella Avenue Los Alamitos California 90720Proprietary(562) 799-3220
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.89 miles away1680 East 120th Street Los Angeles California 90059Voluntary non-profit - Private(424) 835-6808
- Lac/Harbor-Ucla Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.45 miles away1000 W Carson St Torrance California 90502Government - Local(310) 222-2101
- Davita-Nephron Dialysis0.17 miles away5820 Downey Avenue Long Beach California 90805CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (562) 663-0788
- Davita-Lakewood Dialysis Center1.05 miles away4611 Silva Street Lakewood California 90712CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (562) 633-7441
- Davita Mayfair Dialysis1.13 miles away4930 Paramount Blvd Lakewood California 90712Dialysis Stations: 36 (424) 296-6870
- Davita-Artesia Home Training1.55 miles away16506 Lakewood Blvd, Suite 100 Bellflower California 90706Dialysis Stations: 8 (562) 920-4084
- Davita-Paramount Dialysis Center2.01 miles away15625 Lakewood Blvd. Paramount California 90723CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 37 (562) 790-2478
- Davita-Bellflower Dialysis Center2.71 miles away15736 Woodruff Avenue Bellflower California 90706CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (562) 804-3099
- Davita-United Dialysis Center2.85 miles away3111 Long Beach Blvd. Long Beach California 90807CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (562) 426-5155
- Davita-Bixby Knolls Dialysis2.85 miles away3744 Long Beach Blvd. Long Beach California 90807CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (562) 424-1403